• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 29806

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/11/politics/trump-china-huawei-cfo/index.html

Asked by Reuters in an interview if he would intervene in the case, Trump said, "Whatever's good for this country, I would do."
He continued, "If I think it's good for what will be certainly the largest trade deal ever made -- which is a very important thing -- what's good for national security -- I would certainly intervene if I thought it was necessary."
But Meng's arrest shortly after Trump and Xi's meeting alarmed investors and solidified doubts about the already fragile trade truce between the US and China.
Trump told Reuters he has not yet spoken with Xi about the case. "They have not called me yet. They are talking to my people. But they have not called me yet," he said.
Despite the tensions with Beijing, trade talks appear to have continued without pause.

Torpedoing the once "civil" trade talks with his bullying tactics and giving Xi and chinese media some more fuel for US hate, what could possibly go wrong?

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
It's probabely a good thing that China doesn't seem to take him seriously and is just ignoring him as usual, unless he tries to do something drastic to esculate it, they'll most likely just continue to ignore him, and let her case go through the Canadian court for extradication, while she's in house arrest, and if to be extridicated, will probabely plea bargen and pay a fine and get sent back to china.

Lyon N. Laap

Oct 27, 2017
Really throwing Canada under the bus here isn't he? Considering the heat they're taking for the arrest in the first place. Of course, it's not like he's ever cared to treat our allies with even an iota of respect or due diligence.

If Canada isn't caving to Chinese pressure, the least the US can afford to do is follow their example. There's no reason why the arrest of a single individual should derail a trade agreement between two nations barring some extreme circumstances, so there should be no need for him to intervene at all.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
There's no reason why the arrest of a single individual should derail a trade agreement between two nations barring some extreme circumstances, so there should be no need for him to intervene at all.

DoJ wouldn't even let him interfere.

Trump is just an idiot. He's made it clear he doesn't understand the law (or even international relations) in other cases. Why would he understand it here?