Status
Not open for further replies.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Is it common for films to have "rehearsal movies" likes this? I honestly can't think of another film you could watch like this, at least not in its entirety, shot for shot.
They do this a lot in pre-production, usually not for the entire movie though. Mostly for action scene framing and choreography, its called Pre-Vis

Finally got around to binging season 2...so good. Sting Ray is the real mvp.

qZY4KA9.gif
Sweet, the guy in the getting hit in the knee then hit with Ray's butt at the end is a friend of mine and my brother. He did a lot of the fight coordination, and was also Macchio's stunt double (at least for the fight with Johnny scene)

He got my brother a small part in one ep, but they decided he looked too "mature" compared to the other kids. So they replaced him in another scene with someone who doesn't really look like him. haha. Guess it didn't matter cause he didn't have any lines.

My bro (asian guy on the left):
QroXv28.gif

RX7PWEc.gif

Not my bro:
96i2jPl.gif

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Just finished the season, I really liked it, but I was not feeling the first half of the last episode, it just went off the rails crazy. Maybe if the circumstance to start the fight was more substantial and removed from the location.

S3 should be interesting.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Quick Karate Kid theory: Tory is a previously known character's kid.

Three things stick out: her troubled past, massive amount of aggression, and her kickboxing.

If she is a known character's kid, I have two candidates.

1) Dutch. There has got to be a reason he was brought up. He has two of the three issues Tory has (psycho, troubled kid). The big piece against this is that the rest of the Cobra Kai OGs knew his current status. They would likely know if he had a kid running around.

2) Matt Barnes from Karate Kid 3. Until Daniel brought up his time with Silver, I thought KK3 didn't matter. Now it is in play, Tory matches the villain in that movie in two ways: kickboxer and incredibly talented.

Could be nothing, but for a character that came out of nowhere, Tory is suspicious.
She is Ali's Daughter, 100%. Alo turned out to be the typical abused girlfriend, married a deadbeat and Tory picked up Kickboxing in defense of her abusive father. Something tragic happened and she ended up running away or something.
Daniel and Johnny are totally gonna have a Goku/Vegeta relationship.
This show is secretly the real Dragonball GT, so yeah it makes sense that they are gonna team up. I think next season we will see
Miyagi-Do/Johnny VS Kreese's Cobra Kai in the next All Valley Championship. Its gonna end up being Robby VS Tory, since Miguel is out of commission. Or something.

Man this show is insane for being something Karate Kid. I love how Karate is this relatively niche thing in the modern world until the two asshole fathers go through a mid life crisis and end up turning the School District into the Seven Kingdoms. Yes both are assholes, like Goku and Vegeta. Fighting is everything and nothing stands above it. Fuck the safety of their children, fuck legal boundaries, fuck sanity, its just Karate or Nothing. And again, I love how the world slowly devolves into this mentality as Johnny and Daniel keep getting more involved and invested in teaching their kids how to brutally pulverize each other.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Season 2 is now free for a limited time. Sort of. They're only releasing 2 episodes a time each week.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I've been working through S2 now that they are making an episode free a week (I cancelled YouTube premium after S1) and I'm wondering if it's just me, or is the show significantly cheesier this season? I binged S1 over like 4 days versus watching S2 weekly, so perhaps that plays into it, but I'm 6 episodes into S2 and my goodness sometimes its unbearably cheesey. At least once an episode there is a saccharine scene with super dodgy acting that feels like it would be in a Disney channel special. I loved S1 and dont recall it being like that, but perhaps I've forgotten or glossed over it.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So I've been working through S2 now that they are making an episode free a week (I cancelled YouTube premium after S1) and I'm wondering if it's just me, or is the show significantly cheesier this season? I binged S1 over like 4 days versus watching S2 weekly, so perhaps that plays into it, but I'm 6 episodes into S2 and my goodness sometimes its unbearably cheesey. At least once an episode there is a saccharine scene with super dodgy acting that feels like it would be in a Disney channel special. I loved S1 and dont recall it being like that, but perhaps I've forgotten or glossed over it.

I find it slightly cheesier. But not to a degree that bugs me.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the bump, but I was curious if there was any new information on the new season starting, and I saw this:

Besides executive producers and stars Ralph Macchio and William Zabka, the old cast will return for the upcoming season. It includes Xolo Maridueña as Miguel Diaz, Courtney Henggeler as Amanda LaRusso, and Tanner Buchanan as Robby Keene. Ali Mills Schwarber who appeared in the previous season will return as well.

nextalerts.com

"Cobra Kai Season 3": Both "Ralph Macchio" and "William Zabka" will reprise their Roles! Click to know Plot, Cast and more! - Next Alerts

American drama series “Cobra Kai” is based on The Karate Kid film series. “Cobra Kai” is a Creation of Jon Hurwitz, Hayden Schlossberg, and Josh Heald. It stars Ralph Macchio and William Zabka who have also featured in The Karate Kid. Cobra Kai revolves around 34 years after the original Karate...

See bolded. This can't be real. So everyone except the two stars will be returning for season 3? Also, quite confusing as the headline of the article says that both will be reprising their roles.

Versifier

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry for the bump, but I was curious if there was any new information on the new season starting, and I saw this:

nextalerts.com

"Cobra Kai Season 3": Both "Ralph Macchio" and "William Zabka" will reprise their Roles! Click to know Plot, Cast and more! - Next Alerts

American drama series “Cobra Kai” is based on The Karate Kid film series. “Cobra Kai” is a Creation of Jon Hurwitz, Hayden Schlossberg, and Josh Heald. It stars Ralph Macchio and William Zabka who have also featured in The Karate Kid. Cobra Kai revolves around 34 years after the original Karate...

See bolded. This can't be real. So everyone except the two stars will be returning for season 3? Also, quite confusing as the headline of the article says that both will be reprising their roles.
"Besides" in this instance means in addition to. Main headline at your link also confirms them returning.

"Cobra Kai Season 3": Both "Ralph Macchio" and "William Zabka" will reprise their Roles! Click to know Plot, Cast and more!

Mavis

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mountains

nextalerts.com

I think it means 'as well as'.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
"Besides" in this instance means in addition to. Main headline at your link also confirms them returning.

"Cobra Kai Season 3": Both "Ralph Macchio" and "William Zabka" will reprise their Roles! Click to know Plot, Cast and more!

Yes, I know what the main headline said, I pointed out that's why it was confusing. But the way it reads in the article and what the headline says does not agree. I've never heard of besides also can mean 'in addition to'. But I certainly hope you are right.

Edit: Oh, right, I got it now. I have heard it in that sense. That could have been worded better.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
im mad this thread was bumped with anything besides news of the release

last i heard we knew they were done and needed somewhere to distribute the episodes

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
im mad this thread was bumped with anything besides news of the release

last i heard we knew they were done and needed somewhere to distribute the episodes

I did find this when searching for a date myself, you probably won't be happy (depending on reliable it is):

Release Date and New Platform
Includes the info regarding the release and where we can watch it. Cobra Kai was revived for up three on May 2, 2019. On May 28, 2020, information began surfacing about the delay of the season and a new stage being got by it. Its move to Netflix was confirmed. The two previous seasons will move to the platform on August 28, 2020. However, the season will come out at the end of the summertime of next year. Co-creator John Hurwitz declared it at a Twitter Q&A session.

worldtoptrend.com

Latest News, Breaking News, Entertainment, Movies, TV-Shows, Technology, Gaming - World Top Trend

World Top Trend is the new age media company that keeps its readers updated with the latest news headlines from the United States and all over the world. Entertainment, Business, Lifestyle, Gadgets, Technology, Science, Sports and Travel .

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Hobbun you're basically looking at trash sites that just repeat information (or guess) from whatever small things around

Wouldn't read too much into those, wait for a proper outlet or press release from Netflix

Pretty sure Hurwitz has said as of Netflix taking over it's completely at their discretion when they release S3, it'll happen when it happens.

Also:

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Haven't watched season 2 yet but saw this pop up and wanted to ask if Daniel's daughter is given any more motivation for not liking Miguel? He was her friend all season and she knows what he and all his friends experience in terms of bullying. But as soon as he starts to make a heel turn she dumps his ass like he's the biggest asshole ever.

I want to watch season 2 but that annoyed me alot. Granted it's been 2 years since I watched it so my memory might be fuzzy

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Haven't watched season 2 yet but saw this pop up and wanted to ask if Daniel's daughter is given any more motivation for not liking Miguel? He was her friend all season and she knows what he and all his friends experience in terms of bullying. But as soon as he starts to make a heel turn she dumps his ass like he's the biggest asshole ever.

I want to watch season 2 but that annoyed me alot. Granted it's been 2 years since I watched it so my memory might be fuzzy

Her feelings for him get more complicated in season 2. She's got a new boyfriend but she still finds herself drawn to Miguel.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
This show is wonderful, best Ive watched in a long long time.

Humour is such a perfect mixture of old school and self awareness.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
So, I just finished S1-S2.

This show is fantastic, and definetly far better than it has any right being.
My wife hasn't even seen Karate Kid movies and was obsessed the entire time.

Season 2, one thing though really got to me...
The Dead Speak! I mean, Kreese is totally Palpatine right? It's like, Terrio watched Cobra Kai and just thought, 'hey, I like this...'

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
They do this a lot in pre-production, usually not for the entire movie though. Mostly for action scene framing and choreography, its called Pre-Vis

Sweet, the guy in the getting hit in the knee then hit with Ray's butt at the end is a friend of mine and my brother. He did a lot of the fight coordination, and was also Macchio's stunt double (at least for the fight with Johnny scene)

He got my brother a small part in one ep, but they decided he looked too "mature" compared to the other kids. So they replaced him in another scene with someone who doesn't really look like him. haha. Guess it didn't matter cause he didn't have any lines.

My bro (asian guy on the left):
QroXv28.gif

RX7PWEc.gif

Not my bro:
96i2jPl.gif

LOl I definitely noticed the change!!

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
really liked both seasons, not as much as some people seem to, but it's definitely solid. Is it safe to assume Shue will be in S3, with that S2 ending and her not being on The Boys anymore? Any news on that front?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is show is so absurd and anime af.

I fucking love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.