Status
Not open for further replies.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Starting to break now via Twitter, this Tweet via The Times' Tom Howard

Codmasters #CDM confirms in talks over possible £740mln sale to Take-Two, the Rockstar Games owner. Mulling an offer of 485p in cash and shares. Seems a bit tight...
Also worth noting that Codemasters #CDM shares have risen in each of the past 7 sessions - their best run since they floated 2 years ago...

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Is Codemasters worth so much with only delivering racing games? Guess they have a lot of non-racing back catalog Take Two would want like... Overlord? Operation Flashpoint?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't have guessed they were valued so highly. But then they have a decent amount of ip and then active licenses like F1. Do hope they stay independant but who knows. Maybe they feel differently internally.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Good for Take 2. If this works out I hope they take good care of Codemasters also I wonder if MS didn't have PG Games and T10 they would have probably jumped on this.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Grand Theft Micro Machines!

t1RNlmO.gif

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow holy shit

I like Codemasters right now, but if they manage it correctly, getting more backup and funds can make the games so much better!

This deal lives or dies in how the T2 management gets their hands into Codemasters, but it's exciting to see.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Considering their treatment of other sports titles (NBA 2K and WWE), this is very concerning especially as someone who really enjoys their F1 games...

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to have a Codemasters racing game with the monetization model of NBA2K.

Status
Not open for further replies.