Status
Not open for further replies.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
urb1.gif

urb2.gif

urb3.gif

urb4.gif

urb5.gif

urb6.gif

kaALlMlg.gif

(Special thanks to Lonestar for making those six GIFs)

Last edited:
OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
AP Poll
  1. Alabama
  2. Clemson
  3. Notre Dame
  4. LSU
  5. Michigan
  6. Texas
  7. Georgia
  8. Oklahoma
  9. Florida
  10. UCF
  11. Ohio State
  12. Kentucky
  13. West Virginia
  14. Washington State
  15. Washington
  16. Texas A&M
  17. Penn State
  18. Iowa
  19. Oregon
  20. Wisconsin
  21. USF
  22. NC State
  23. Utah
  24. Stanford
  25. App State
Games to Watch (all times in EST and rankings AP)

Thursday, October 25

#25 App State @ Georgia Southern, 7:30 PM

Friday, October 26

Miami @ Boston College, 7 PM
#23 Utah @ UCLA, 10:30 PM- Winner takes sole possession of the P12 South. No, seriously. This has potential peak P12AD written all over it.

Saturday, October 27

Texas Tech @ Iowa State, noon- Early shift is dire but this game should be fun.
World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party- #9 Florida vs #7 Georgia, 3:30 PM
#18 Iowa @ #17 Penn State, 3:30 PM
#21 USF @ Houston, 3:30 PM
#14 Wazzu @ #24 Stanford, 7 PM- Legitimately might be the best game of the week and it's stuck on the P12 network.

Full schedules:
Week 9 FBS schedule
Games on TV

pac12afaterdark-e1505105220457.png

This week's P12 After Dark action:
  • Hawaii @ Fresno State, 10:30 PM
  • Oregon @ Arizona, 10:30 PM
  • San Diego State @ Nevada, 10:30 PM

Housekeeping

Weekly pick'em (done as always by the wonderful Karl2177 )
Pick 'em Stuff:

Link to last week's results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wsrf8rsYS2qV61VNoaXbFSp4rNJ0oXmiNY4Fi87G-SY/edit?usp=sharing

This week's games:
WF@LOU
TTU@ISU
PUR@MSU
IOWA@PSU
ASU@USC
FLAvUGA
USF@HOU
TA&M@MSST
NCST@SYR
WSU@STAN
TEX@OKST
SDSU@NEV

Link to form: https://goo.gl/forms/ImlJQTDinwbBANIz2

CFB Era's Official Podcast- The Decided Schematic Advantage- Records live in our Discord every Wednesday @ 9 PM EST

The new podcast is up. Subscribe in iTunes here or find The Decided Schematic Advantage in your podcast app of choice

Episode 61 - Why get Papa Johns when you can get the World's Largest Pizza?

Things go horribly wrong in West Lafayette for one of our podcasters along with their team, but at least they were able to drink a lot of free beer and eat a lot of questionable pizza. We found out NC State wasn't quite ready for the spotlight, and Wazzu might be for real? Lots of Fireball was consumed either way. We talk about the dumbest rivalry in CFB, the Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. It's dumb because the results rarely make any sense. Dumb things happen, like the whole team dancing in the end zone after a TD, or a defensive coordinator giving a choke sign to a Gator kicker in an attempt to ice him. And now he's the defensive coordinator of the Gators! See? Dumb!

We're generally on Discord for live game chat- quote to find the link and join us!

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping Nebraska pulls out another decisive win...against FCS Bethune-Cookman lol.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see that there are some solid games on at the same time as the Cocktail Party.

Just in case things get ugly one way or the other.

Also, morbidly curious about the Clemson - FSU game at noon. 17 point spread on that one. I'm not so sure that Clemson covers, though.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Georgia Southern beats App State and someone is crazy enough to rank them.

Also the OP pleases me.

Quake1028

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I kind of feel bad for Kyler Murray. One year as a starter, and having an otherworldy, would be the Heisman lock in almost any other year ever, but has Tua having maybe the best season of all-time so far at the same time.

Starfire22

Banned
May 5, 2018
Oklahoma
Man, I kind of feel bad for Kyler Murray. One year as a starter, and having an otherworldy, would be the Heisman lock in almost any other year ever, but has Tua having maybe the best season of all-time so far at the same time.

It's a shame, but also really cool that we will have a clear cut winner this year in Tua. (Assuming nothing out of the ordinary happens to Tua)

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
Paaawwwl,

How can he be the best player if he never plays more than three quarters of a game? You can't reward a player for abandoning his team that way!

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Yeah, no other fanbase has obnoxious fans lmao. Some random bus trip that has like 12 participants so far. Give me a break and quit the bellyaching. Plenty of fanbases have done much worse.

Bucknuticus

UCF Super fan! Go Knights!
Oct 25, 2017
I would legit buy some retro style citronaut logo shirt, its a pretty great logo

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017

He finna blow his nose into his MLB wads of cash.

It is kinda weird though. This perfect storm of another player doing things no one's ever seen before, for the best program in the history of the sport, and him being a guy no one's really jawing about because NFL folks aren't bothering to comment on his performance since he's not playing football anymore after this season.

I hope he's not just some footnote in CFB history after this. I want him to do something that requires his season being remembered (short of stealing the Heisman from Tua or the natty from us, of course lol). A legendary, but losing effort in the natty, like Deshaun in 2015, would be cool.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017

andycapps

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
The new podcast is up. Subscribe in iTunes here or find The Decided Schematic Advantage in your podcast app of choice

Episode 61 - Why get Papa Johns when you can get the World's Largest Pizza?

Things go horribly wrong in West Lafayette for one of our podcasters along with their team, but at least they were able to drink a lot of free beer and eat a lot of questionable pizza. We found out NC State wasn't quite ready for the spotlight, and Wazzu might be for real? Lots of Fireball was consumed either way. We talk about the dumbest rivalry in CFB, the Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party. It's dumb because the results rarely make any sense. Dumb things happen, like the whole team dancing in the end zone after a TD, or a defensive coordinator giving a choke sign to a Gator kicker in an attempt to ice him. And now he's the defensive coordinator of the Gators! See? Dumb!

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
UCF fan led bus trip that had like 20 people signed up has been cancelled due to threats of violence from UF/UGA fans.

Looks like some were taking things a little too seriously. Imagine being so insecure as a fan over a couple dozen UCF fans attending GameDay at a place thousands of UCF students are from.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of UCF, I'll be in Disney World during the GA/FL game lol. I think that's a good thing. I'll be too nervous to watch, honestly.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Disney parks have WiFi I think. Sign into the app and pick up some backup phone chargers!

Oh, I know I can get it on my phone. I'm not even sure if I want to though.

Well, if we win, then we won and I'm at disney, and if we lose, then we lost and I'm getting shitfaced on whiskey and cheese soup at the canada pavilion.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the headline I saw at the bar I was eating at was about acknowledging abuses but no toxic culture. Like what does toxic culture mean if not a kind of culture that promotes and covers up abuse?

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
LOL what a series of plays in GT VT.

GT punts, running into the kicker by VT, GT rekicks punt.

GT false start on punt, rekicks punt.

GT kicks punt, muffed by VT, given back to GT at like the 10.

GT scores TD.

MrJames

Oct 25, 2017
UCF fan led bus trip that had like 20 people signed up has been cancelled due to threats of violence from UF/UGA fans.

Looks like some were taking things a little too seriously. Imagine being so insecure as a fan over a couple dozen UCF fans attending GameDay at a place thousands of UCF students are from.

Threats or McElThreats?

Status
Not open for further replies.