OP
OP
Sephzilla

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
It's not about being rude its about being professional. As a manager of others you cant do this in front of his co workers let alone a live internet audience. It doesn't matter that he was being an ass, as the man in charge he should have found a way to handle this off air.
You also cant have your host going off book, refusing to do his job, throwing your own website's content under the bus, shit talking Disney after Disney just gave the company two free tickets, and challenging your authority in front of coworkers on air either. That's way more damaging and unprofessional than what Harloff was doing and he had every right to step in. Part of being a manager is also putting your foot down and putting people in their place.

The producer had every right to fire him live on air for that shit

Last edited:

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
as someone who works in online tv, the part where the host whined "well then you can host the show" and the producer just went "or you could do what you're paid to do" gave me so much fucking life

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Just a reminder, this is the same guy that said this about the Jordan Peele comments about his decision to cast non-white leads in his films.

"I feel weird, I'm like should I be watching? Does he not like me? And he's like 'oh I like you I've just seen those movies before' and I feel weird. I feel like he doesn't like me."

Clown show at collider.

Oct 25, 2017
Just a reminder, this is the same guy that said this about the Jordan Peele comments about his decision to cast non-white leads in his films.

"I feel weird, I'm like should I be watching? Does he not like me? And he's like 'oh I like you I've just seen those movies before' and I feel weird. I feel like he doesn't like me."

Clown show at collider.
Not enough yikes and oofs

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
RLM needs to do a Nerd Crew based on this

lhDnFyT.gif

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Next time anyone wants to unfurl the buzzword and label fans as " entitled" simply when they don't like something , remember that this guy exists. There's level to this

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Bragging about being a Star Wars fan for 5 whole years is the funniest part of it all

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
He does make a point about reporting other people's articles

Want me to report? Send me there.

I'm not regurgitating somebody else's stuff

You're talking abpout coverage that was prepared by his outlet. This is the equivalent of an IGN reporter refusing to talk about a hot new game in any capacity, simply because their coworker reviewed it instead of them.

An outlet is a team. Not an individual.

so he just admitted to only doing shit for the swag?

Yes. He is whining on air, and fighting with his producer, because he doesn't want to talk about Collider's Galaxy's Edge coverage on a Star Wars themed show, solely because he wasn't the one assigned to do it.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

Clown show at collider.
Da fuk

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Galaxy's Edge actually doesn't need anyone's marketing for a long time. They will be at capacity for years.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017

Clown show at collider.
Yeah, if they keep him, I'll be skipping everything he's in. Can't trust a white person who can't understand why Peele would want to provide more jobs for black talent instead of making another's white lead horror flick. Sounds like an alt-right buffoon who's too scared to go full on in front of the camera.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
He gave whiffs of this entitlement back from I used to watch Schmoes Know reviews on YouTube.

No need to exclude him "no true Scotsman" style. I don't think he should be distanced from Star Wars fans or question his fandom, in a possible effort to defend the Star Wars fandom as if Star Wars doesn't have bad fans. Come to the realisation he's just a bad fan, and there are more.
He is no fan. He spends nearly podcast episode ranting how Disney needs to fire Kathy Kennedy and replace her with Dave Filoni (who has never produced a film) and still somehow feels entitled to free shit from Lucasfilm/Disney.

Dude is no fan, he is just an entitled asshole.
When he says "being a fan", he means "pretending to be a fan on-air."

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I feel torn on trashing him. Not because what I think there is any angle on this that he comes off any close to remotely right, but this is someone else's livelihood that we are talking about. Here's hoping that he will come around to the fact of how stupidly wrong and entitled this was and apologize, especially to the freelancer that went to their show and talked about the theme park.

Regardless, I just to echo and highlight Alisha Grauso's tweet here:

This.