• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
large-2207357.jpg

1165379.jpg

Kingdom Come was just a superman story with a bunch of cool character designs. A story that been done a thousand times before.

Earth X was more of a twisted celebration of the Marvel Universe and all it's weirdness. You had Tony Stark turning into Howard Hughes, a broken Captain America bumming around a former America trying to figure out what to do next. Cyclops fighting for mutant rights in a world full of mutants. And the twist at the end was so crazy, it still shocks me too this day.

Plus Mutant Hawkeye is the shit, dead during the story, but still hilariously awesome
latest

Dark Mantonio

Nov 1, 2017
Just coincidentally found my old Earth X trade the other day. I agree that it's much more interesting that KC but each reflect the type of tone and stories both publishers create very well. Never saw that image of Hawkeye before, the crazy mutations they gave established characters were great.

And shout-out to the OG Bum Spider-Man
35c41a01cc49d52a3772a6d82b120e69.jpg

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I've never read Earth X, and I was never a fan of Kingdom Come. So you might be right.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
It's wrong to think that hard about both series.
They're fine, I just don't consider either of them to be classics or anything.
KC in particular is kind of in the middle of the pack when it comes to Waid's body of work.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
I am not sure if you are saying that is a good or bad thing?

One of the few stories where fighting a baby is warranted

Frank Quietly's Plastic Man spinoff was pretty good, but you're probably right in saying Earth X was a better deal overall. Kingdom Come has some neat ideas and art, but it's all a bit wanky.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Frank Quietly's Plastic Man spinoff was pretty good, but you're probably right in saying Earth X was a better deal overall. Kingdom Come has some neat ideas and art, but it's all a bit wanky.
He was seen again but the whole point of the series, Hyperman

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I've never read Universe X or Paradise X, so I'm reading the whole saga now. Earth X Uatu is a real dick to Aaron Stack.

Oct 29, 2017
I always loved Earth X and how it just threw the marvel characters inside a blender and came up woth some bizarre mixture of everything. All the narrative concepts with came with too were great.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Come is a story I go back to time and time again, but I won't deny that my one marathon session of reading all of Earth X and its sequels was more enjoyable in the moment.