And DC's Scarface
latest

Last edited:

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
You're trolling with that title.

I'm the biggest Rogue Stan on this site but even I thought Runaway was literally just Jim Lee Rogue with dark hair 20 years ago.

Edit: ah confirmed.

Didn't even remember the Quicksilver one.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Bullets and Bracelets were also not the most original designs.

614+LOsXwTL.jpg

That said, this was my legit favorite. The story was great and Punisher Orion was (new) god-tier.

Quinnzel

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I've came around and really dig the Hyena (Joker/Sabertooth) design.

front.jpg

Other shout outs to Speed Demon, Amazon and Bizarnage

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
It sucked in practice but my favorite idea was Assassins which is basically a love letter to 80s Frank Miller.

Catwoman/Electra and Daredevil/Deathstroke are lesbian hit women trying to take out The Big Question (Kingpin/Riddler). They gender bent Wade/Matt and used a black Catwoman like Year One.

timthumb.php

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I actually fpund all my amalgalm comics in the basement today. I actually should have all

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I liked designs like Dark Claw and Spider-Boy because they felt like an actual melding of designs. Too many of them (including the ones mentioned in the OP title) felt like either one character wearing another character's costume, or like palette swaps of a character.

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
7058388-spiderboy0.jpg

At the time it was definitely Spider-Boy. As I was a massive Spidey fan and was actively reading the Superboy solo run.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
7058388-spiderboy0.jpg

At the time it was definitely Spider-Boy. As I was a massive Spidey fan and was actively reading the Superboy solo run.

Wieringo, RIP. He's missed. He had this love of comics that was deep in everything he did.

He did an FF run in the early 2000s and it was great (I think one of the issues was only like 63 cents as a promo). Might be wrong on the amount but it was less than a buck in like 2003.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty sure it's Runaway not Runway.

But I really liked the powered-up design of Chaos from JLX (though the powered down version is awful).

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
90s me was into Wolverine and mostly into Batman at the time, so Dark Claw it was. I was also, somehow, into all the characters involved in Assassins, so I liked it for non-horny-teenager reasons! I rather enjoyed Sparrow, being one of the few Jubilee fans who also was okay with Robin.

I really, really have to wonder what doing this level of Amalgam comics would be like this day and age, what with DC's movies mostly floundering, most of their popular heroes across mediums having not really changed much and Marvel... yeah, Marvel is VERY different from then, even without the MCU being involved.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
90s me was into Wolverine and mostly into Batman at the time, so Dark Claw it was. I was also, somehow, into all the characters involved in Assassins, so I liked it for non-horny-teenager reasons! I rather enjoyed Sparrow, being one of the few Jubilee fans who also was okay with Robin.

I really, really have to wonder what doing this level of Amalgam comics would be like this day and age, what with DC's movies mostly floundering, most of their popular heroes across mediums having not really changed much and Marvel... yeah, Marvel is VERY different from then, even without the MCU being involved.

I feel like the DC characters are still iconic even if they've been a bit stagnant/bad at movies.

If you meant what it'd look like today and how that aspect would impact it, I'm not sure if it would besides different heroes featuring? We'd 100% get some version of Harley Quinn though (my guess would be crossed with Spider-Gwen or Gwen-Pool). And Deadpool/Ambush Bug with the gimmick that Deadpool is way more well known than Ambush Bug.