Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
What's Barnaby Bagenda been up to since The Omega Men? I never hear him mentioned.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Man Waid loves Vision, considering he (and Viv) has been a core plot point of his entire Avengers run.

Also Vision and Falcon not gonna mention the time they pipped on Counter-Earth with their team? Wanda, Pietro, Rogue, Sabretooth, Voodoo? Falcon got turned into a zombie and I think Vision got brain whammies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man Waid loves Vision, considering he (and Viv) has been a core plot point of his entire Avengers run.

Also Vision and Falcon not gonna mention the time they pipped on Counter-Earth with their team? Wanda, Pietro, Rogue, Sabretooth, Voodoo? Falcon got turned into a zombie and I think Vision got brain whammies.

Too bad he fucking sucks at writing Viv.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
What's Barnaby Bagenda been up to since The Omega Men? I never hear him mentioned.

I'm pretty sure he's done a couple of GL issues. Don't really know besides that. I don't think he's using the amazing colorist he had on Omega Men anymore either, which is a bummer. Again, I don't know that as a fact, but the samples in the GL issues he did definitely didn't look like it had the same coloring.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What if I told you

Jesus Saíz wasn't as good as Mikel Janin.

Sucks at her dialogue maybe. There's still a lot of heart in her character that I enjoy a lot.

He neutered a complex, three dimensional character who ended Vision embracing her humanity and turned her into generic humourless robot character.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's been very human in the entirety of Champions. She is very easily the heart of that entire team. I genuinely don't know what you're talking about.

Are you kidding me? The entirety of her dialogue has been coldly rational and robotic, the complete opposite of her character from Vision. The most humanity she's displayed is in the most recent issue by Zub, and that one actually gave an explanation for her going full robot.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Are you kidding me? The entirety of her dialogue has been coldly rational and robotic, the complete opposite of her character from Vision. The most humanity she's displayed is in the most recent issue by Zub, and that one actually gave an explanation for her going full robot.
I guess I am. It's not like I already said that her dialogue wasn't great, but as the heart of the team, she's pretty great.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here ever read Young Heroes in Love? It's great.

I liked it. A great sendup to those old Weird Western stories.

Yes. It was weird,but they should bring it back. Very good book.

Also, random, but Waid should go back to DC. Whoever is the reason he's not working there now should get the fuck out. Up to, and including if its Dan.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Waid's Champions was a weird book. Not great most of the time some good character moments here and there.

It's weird

The fuck, Waid?

Zub's first issue was good though.

Also Waid gave the same reason for why his writing of Viv was robotic: she locked away emotional parts of herself due to the trauma regarding her mom and brother. High Evolutionary said it during Worlds Collide. Zub's just doing the same thing.

And I'm not gonna lie, I miss Red Locust. Patriot and Falcon are whatever, but Red Locust was fun.

Last edited:

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Remember a year or so ago when some random guy said that Waid told him he would be writing Superman and a bunch of people believed him.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Also, random, but Waid should go back to DC. Whoever is the reason he's not working there now should get the fuck out. Up to, and including if its Dan.

It's actually creator owned, which I think gives it its unique flavour. It's an indie book set in the DCU, and enriched by it the way a standalone indie title would lack.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
So I just realized something: Did DBZ low key introduce the trope of people dying and coming back stronger? Because I noticed that in Hunter x Hunter and in the X books with some mutants, like Elixir and Cypher.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Got into a Gail Simone mood I guess, cause I re-read Wonder Woman: The Circle and feel like going through Secret Six again. I should really get around to the rest of her WW run.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty sure DiDio is the only reason Waid wont ever go back to DC lol. Dont know what DC sees in him tbh because I hear a ton of negative stuff about him from other creators, plus he hasnt really done anything great with the mainline of DC books since pre New 52.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure DiDio is the only reason Waid wont ever go back to DC lol. Dont know what DC sees in him tbh because I hear a ton of negative stuff about him from other creators, plus he hasnt really done anything great with the mainline of DC books since pre New 52.

Dan made some moves here and there that went over well in the DCU. But overall I'd love it if someone else were in charge. Hell, for a while we almost had Mark Waid as EiC of DC, but that didn't go through.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe a storage issue? If you have an SDcard you're using maybe eject it and replace it, restart

Thanks for the suggestion. The store not showing went away on its own. Comics still show blurry at first and it takes a couple of seconds for each page to correct themselves. This happens even if I download comics to the internal memory. If I unselect the "prefer HD comics" seting, it still happens but each page "deblurs" faster. I think the comixology app is reading pages slower than before for some reason. Or maybe it was one of the updates for Fire OS.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Exiles is straight up bananas

Marvel Rising #0 was cute, but I only picked it up because it was free.

Hunt for Wolverine was whatever. Like it's cool, but also not? I spent money on it.

Old Man Hawkeye is the book in which Clint is just a piece of shit.

Flow

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida, USA
These covers with the minimal trade dress look so tight. Hopefully this becomes the hot new thing in comics.

Dbk5tUfXkAEQCAa.jpg:large
good fucking lord these covers are hot

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Doom Patrol was very underwhelming, but I'm sure that's mostly due to the fact it was supposed to come out months ago and the mysteries it set up were answered in Milk Wars.

Three issues in on the Terrifics and I think it's not good, actually. The revolving art team doesn't help, but the characters feel off as well. I'll come back to this when I can read the trade for free on Hoopla.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Damn at the final page of Flash. They're going all in, huh?

I think today's JLA pretty much spelled out what Orlando will be writing post-his Wonder Woman arc

Hopefully the Wally story moves forward at this point. It's been pretty damn stagnant. Remember when Titans was supposed to be the most important ongoing book of Rebirth?

Status
Not open for further replies.