• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Boy?

• Izuku Midoriya

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Katsuki Bakugo

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Shoto Todoroki

Votes: 21 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Will check out Coda Vol. 1. When is Vol. 2 tpb expected?

Speaking of jaw-dropping art.... Dark Horse is releasing a James Stokoe artbook at the end of May.

3002431.jpg
*Eyes twitch*

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Finished with Plague of Frogs omnibus v4 and it was a bit disappointing. Sure, it expanded and set up things on a new scale going forward, but the resolution of the arc itself felt like an epilogue. Like it was set up as a preview of things to come instead of a conclusion to a 60 issue story.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Red Hood and the Outlaws. Can you jump in with Rebrith, or New 52?

I haven't heard anything good about the N52 run. Rebirth is a fine starting on point and actually really good from 1-25 until Soy leaves on art. Becomes a Jason solo book and it lacks any of the character interaction or charm that made it so enjoyable in the first place.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't heard anything good about the N52 run. Rebirth is a fine starting on point and actually really good from 1-25 until Soy leaves on art. Becomes a Jason solo book and it lacks any of the character interaction or charm that made it so enjoyable in the first place.
I just don't know how much I'll like the new roster in the Rebirth version. I'll give it a shot since the first 3 tpbs are free.

Just curious if that Outlaws game thing is actually real.

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't know how much I'll like the new roster in the Rebirth version. I'll give it a shot since the first 3 tpbs are free.

Just curious if that Outlaws game thing is actually real.

The Rebirth roster gets really good. The stuff with Bizarro is fantastically done.

His RED HOOD: OUTLAW arc is fine so far. The inclusion of Bunker is kinda strange but I like seeing Jason be a total dick and in control.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The new Lazarus was pretty good. Good return, even if I forgot a lot of stuff since.

Has it been optioned yet for Film/Tv? Seems like such a no brained for someone with the money to do the action justice.
Edit: wait nvm, Amazon/Legendary picked it up. Hope they are working on it.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing's worse than sitting in the doctors office waiting room for 2 hours and not having anything else to read/do. Love how they schedule you for 8:30am, then don't even come to work till 10am lol.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I read Superman Secret Origin by Johns and Frank finally. It was good. Not quite as good as I was hoping it would be. In terms of storytelling, I prefer Birthright by Waid and Yu, but I prefer Secret Origin as Superman's actual origin.

Currently reading Black Adam: The Dark Age. It's great so far, although I only have the faintest memory of what happened to lead in to this story.

1upmuffin

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Finally gonna start reading Saga of the Swamp Thing, trying to get back into comics, haven't read for awhile. Also reading Dark Victory.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who's going to be the first person to say "hey newcomers, if you want to get into comics make sure to read Batman White Knight!" here?

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Who's going to be the first person to say "hey newcomers, if you want to get into comics make sure to read Batman White Knight!" here?

Should be at the top of the OP. Best comics for new readers? White Night, Hush, Civil War, Ultimates. Only the best of the best!

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
You guys realize the more you talk about white knight the more I'm going to feel like I have to read it.

It's not on DCU yet tho.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys realize the more you talk about white knight the more I'm going to feel like I have to read it.

It's not on DCU yet tho.
Top ten Batman stories of all time:

1. Dark Knight Returns
2. Year One
3. Mad Love
4. White Knight
5. To Kill a Legend
6. The Eye of the Beholder
7. The Autobiography of Bruce Wayne
8. Leviathan
9. Batman and Robin Must Die!
10. Strange Apparitions

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Checked out a bit of Initial D this morning. They actually made it work with the CMX guided view pretty well. The story has been pretty fun so far. I watched the first few episodes of the anime when it was first coming out, so I remember most of this. Its like a battle shonen manga, but with drifting lol.

The art though is just amazing. He doesnt do people so well, but the actual cars are just awesome. He does a really great job with the cityscapes and streets too which really helps. I think he just takes a more silly approach for the characters, making them almost cartoonish, but that goes right out the window as soon as a car appears lol.

Time to get a phone you can read comics on (or kindle app)
I put a few on my phone before leaving just to have something to do, but didnt load enough lol and their wifi was shit so I was SOL.

I think you just did lol. This should be posted in the Op or threadmarked when the Spotlight starts.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Btw, Jorge Jimenez has been posting some art for people to use as Phone backgrounds/wallpaper recently!

Using this one atm, but I think im going to switch back to his awesome Batman/Catwoman cover.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Have to say I was not a huge fan of the Captain America is a werewolf arc. I expected the whole book to have a different tone, and that probably didn't help.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the Sam wolf - was there another cap wolf? When misty shows up she says "cap wolf is back!", and having never seen Captain America as a wolf before, I was a little confused.

Back in the early 90s Mark Gruenwald (one of the best Cap writers ever) wrote the original Cap Wolf story. SamCapWolf is just the meme retread of that.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.