Status
Not open for further replies.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, film lovers (Teenage Fansub, Yams, ViewtifulJC), I learned tonight that Stan Lee and Alain Renais were good friends. Renais lived in Lee's guest house in Long Island, and the two of them intended to make a film about pollution called Monster Maker together. Renais also wanted to make a Spider-Man film. Oh, what could've been.

just imagine how sad his Peter would have been

Last edited:
May 24, 2019
Y'all not putting Silver Coin on your list...
Eisner-winning artist MICHAEL WALSH (Star Wars, Black Hammer/Justice League) teams with an all-star lineup of collaborators—CHIP ZDARSKY (STILLWATER), KELLY THOMPSON (Sabrina the Teenage Witch), ED BRISSON (Old Man Logan), and JEFF LEMIRE (GIDEON FALLS)—on a new horror anthology miniseries for mature readers. Each issue will tell a tale of terror in a shared supernatural world. The story starts in 1978 with a failing rock band whose fortune suddenly changes when they find the mysterious Silver Coin. Little do they know that fame comes with a cost, and a curse is always hungry.
The first issue is Chip, fyi.

It's interesting having the artist be the common thread.

May 24, 2019
the ready player one 2 space jam 2 trailer has various eras of batman villains in it
nYgsYOT.jpg
v8s0a3B.jpg
sjQVEs7.jpg

also the clockwork orange boyz
txPRq9p.jpg

Last edited:
May 24, 2019
She hasn't been on that show for years. Michael Weatherly is a sex pest and Mark Harmon is an asshole.

The point is that the Melikov test applied to the most mainstream shitty network shows decades ago 😂

The girl in that timebomb gif, whatever show that was from, is probably in her 40s now.

edit: Well that was only 10 years ago, but hey look it's proto-Punchline!

Y4bCOo0.gif

Last edited:

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Watched Godzilla VS Kong

Fucking awesome

Lost Girl is a garbage goddamned show, but Kenzie is a diamond in the rough.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
Me and my brother are currently forcing ourselves to binge through Cloak and Dagger and Runaways.

I aske for your support in these trying times.

May 24, 2019
It's a bad sign when that's the most unbelievable part of the film. 🤣

Well, it's a real thing. I wonder if they set it in a state where you only have to have one out back to make the situation more tense.
Like there was one part where a guy had to walk around Russell Crowe's car to get his number, and I was expecting him to get squished.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Have to sing the praises of 2 comics I read today. Ultramega #1 was the first and I fell in love. I'm more of a sucker for Sentai, Kaiju, & Mecha stories than I normally see myself as. It's not until I see a boss sentai outfit (Radiant Black costume <3) or a kickass square off between a kaiju and a humanoid avenger that I remember how much I love that shit. Ultramega at least in issue 1 scratched not only that itch but my love of horror. It has a simple set up Ultraman-like set up with a heavy injection of body horror and striking monster design. The art is amazing and the 1st issue ends in a way that makes me really excited to see the future of this series.

The other thing I did is bought & subsequently devoured the entirety of Skulldigger & Skeleton Boy. Beyond the Library Volume of Black Hammer, I have yet to really dive into the ongoing efforts of Lemire to spin the world out into other works. Reminds me a bit of Hellboy and how many side series that spun out. After Skulldigger, I really want to rectify that. I was intrigued by Skulldigger due to the praise it got on the AIPT Comics podcast and I'm so glad I bit the bullet on it. It's painfully short but ultimately satisfying pitch black exploration of vigilantism in the Black Hammer setting. Tonci Zonjic is razor-sharp and lends the book so much edge:
iu

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Jojo Part 6 anime announcement.

I feel terrible today, but today is still a very good day.

Also, yare, yare, dewa.

MtEpxQb.jpg

Last edited:

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Have to sing the praises of 2 comics I read today. Ultramega #1 was the first and I fell in love. I'm more of a sucker for Sentai, Kaiju, & Mecha stories than I normally see myself as. It's not until I see a boss sentai outfit (Radiant Black costume <3) or a kickass square off between a kaiju and a humanoid avenger that I remember how much I love that shit. Ultramega at least in issue 1 scratched not only that itch but my love of horror. It has a simple set up Ultraman-like set up with a heavy injection of body horror and striking monster design. The art is amazing and the 1st issue ends in a way that makes me really excited to see the future of this series.

The other thing I did is bought & subsequently devoured the entirety of Skulldigger & Skeleton Boy. Beyond the Library Volume of Black Hammer, I have yet to really dive into the ongoing efforts of Lemire to spin the world out into other works. Reminds me a bit of Hellboy and how many side series that spun out. After Skulldigger, I really want to rectify that. I was intrigued by Skulldigger due to the praise it got on the AIPT Comics podcast and I'm so glad I bit the bullet on it. It's painfully short but ultimately satisfying pitch black exploration of vigilantism in the Black Hammer setting. Tonci Zonjic is razor-sharp and lends the book so much edge:
iu
Yes ultramega was real good. Such a pity there's only 4(?) issues planned

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
How is Otto not on a Birds book with Simone but they let Palmiotti and Conner do one. How. Just silly.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
remember when Azzarello was going to do a Birds of Prey ongoing that was then delayed to be Black Label so it could edgier but then delayed again and reduced to a one shot because it was awful?

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
remember when Azzarello was going to do a Birds of Prey ongoing that was then delayed to be Black Label so it could edgier but then delayed again and reduced to a one shot because it was awful?

Yes....yet Otto and Gail can't get the book. I hate it.

God imagine the outfits Otto would use for Dinah in an ongoing.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
edit: Actually, too early for that discussion here.

It's just era stuff, though. Not anything super exciting! I promise you'll be disappointed.

Last edited:

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Me and my brother are currently forcing ourselves to binge through Cloak and Dagger and Runaways.

I aske for your support in these trying times.
The TV shows? Cloak and Dagger is damn great, and Runaways isn't that bad. The first season and a half is pretty good, then season 2 stumbles and doesn't really recover. S3 is pretty decent.
It was significantly better than I expected. Some of those human story parts were still pretty 😬, though.
I thought it was fine. Maybe I just expect less from my media these days, but I found the human storyline to play exactly how it feels they intended. Emotional beats felt genuine to me.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
edit: Actually, too early for that discussion here.

It's just era stuff, though. Not anything super exciting! I promise you'll be disappointed.
Okay, now there's an open invite in the manga thread. I declined taking over the manga OT because I didn't want to push Messi's and my fight for comic dominion into all-out war. But actually, I get stressed too easily and don't want to spend more time online.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, now there's an open invite in the manga thread. I declined taking over the manga OT because I didn't want to push Messi's and my fight for comic dominion into all-out war. But actually, I get stressed too easily and don't want to spend more time online.

It's because you know you would lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.