Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I also brought up this new online collected edition store that some of these other YouTube people are pushing lately called Organic Priced Books.
They are like IST and CGN, but also offer pre-orders on the same site. They have up to 35% off, rather than the IST 40%. BUT that goes as low as 25% off DC books lol.

KineAg62

May 8, 2018
For anyone searching for the East of West hardcovers, IST just restocked them. They won't last long.

East of West the Apocalypse Year One HC - InStockTrades

Trade paperbacks from Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse and more! Discounted up to 42% off. No shipping on orders over $50.

East of West the Apocalypse Year Two HC - InStockTrades

Trade paperbacks from Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse and more! Discounted up to 42% off. No shipping on orders over $50.

East of West the Apocalypse Year Three HC (MR) - InStockTrades

Thanks for the heads up. Been meaning to add these to the shelf for a minute.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Elsa is so talented. So glad she decided to go back to creator owned.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Young Avengers Gillen/McKelvie Omnibus?

Y/N?

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
For anyone searching for the East of West hardcovers, IST just restocked them. They won't last long.

East of West the Apocalypse Year One HC - InStockTrades

East of West the Apocalypse Year Two HC - InStockTrades

East of West the Apocalypse Year Three HC (MR) - InStockTrades

So glad I have them all lol.
I was waiting ages to get volume 2.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
You have all your stuff insured, right? Or rather, I assume it's covered by your home owner's/renter's insurance?

Nope, I like to live dangerously

They must pay retail store managers over there waaaay better than in the US. 😂

And yet retail managers in the US always act as if they're running the CIA and not a fucking Books-A-Million.

I don't get paid lots I am just good at saving for big buys and I don't have much of a life outside of work so costs are low.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Soooo, Ed Brubaker's Criminal. Is it good? Does it have engaging, over-arching plot lines through out? Or is it more like a procedural cop drama, where each issue is basically standalone?

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
How much danger could they really be in? They just sit in folders most of the time.

Nearly all of the original art I have are done in sketchbooks. No resell value. lol

Sometimes I look at all the physical things I have and just despise it all. Almost makes me want to just throw them out.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Soooo, Ed Brubaker's Criminal. Is it good? Does it have engaging, over-arching plot lines through out? Or is it more like a procedural cop drama, where each issue is basically standalone?
mostly stories that go an issue or a few but with a background connection of family and associates that lasts throughout.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Nearly all of the original art I have are done in sketchbooks. No resell value. lol

Sometimes I look at all the physical things I have and just despise it all. Almost makes me want to just throw them out.
Yeah, I get that. I don't buy nearly as much physical stuff anymore. I Marie Kondo'd a lot of that shit. Especially figures, which I sold a lot of what I acquired during those years I was buying whatever looked neat, even when I had no attachment to the character.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Finished X of Swords.

The lead up to the championship and the 2-3 post it are really interesting, the actual championship was pretty bad.
I've no idea what they were thinking by making most of the swords useless, a non-factor and having most contests be, I dunno, bits?

There's one that's interesting where Wolverine has to look at a mirror that will show him every person he has killed and it ends with him shedding a tear. Now, on paper this would've been a pretty interesting concept but this all happens with about 3 panels and the only dialogue is the explanation. It also happens between a bunch of joke contests so I'm almost not sure if I'm supposed to think this was sad or funny.

It's clear these people never read a damn shonen jump tournament arc, the tournament is supposed to be the best part! Not the worst!!

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Finished X of Swords.

The lead up to the championship and the 2-3 post it are really interesting, the actual championship was pretty bad.
I've no idea what they were thinking by making most of the swords useless, a non-factor and having most contests be, I dunno, bits?

There's one that's interesting where Wolverine has to look at a mirror that will show him every person he has killed and it ends with him shading a tear. Now, on paper this would've been a pretty interesting concept but this all happens with about 3 panels and the only dialogue is the explanation. It also happens between a bunch of joke contests so I'm almost not sure if I'm supposed to think this was sad or funny.

It's clear these people never read a damn shonen jump tournament arc, the tournament is supposed to be the best part! Not the worst!!
I thought the part with Bei the Blood Moon and Cypher was cute. There's no way they couldn't have given Bei a better design, though.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Finished X of Swords.

There's one that's interesting where Wolverine has to look at a mirror that will show him every person he has killed and it ends with him shading a tear. Now, on paper this would've been a pretty interesting concept but this all happens with about 3 panels and the only dialogue is the explanation. It also happens between a bunch of joke contests so I'm almost not sure if I'm supposed to think this was sad or funny.

Like I was saying last time, I think they were trying to deceive what people were expecting from X of Swords and man did it not work here lol. You nailed it before the spoilers basically.

They should have done a straight forward book and saved the hijinks for the Gala. Fan expectations be damned.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Like I was saying last time, I think they were trying to deceive what people were thinking and man did it not work in X of Swords lol. You nailed it before the spoilers basically.

They should have done a straight forward book and saved the hijinks for the Gala. Fan expectations be damned.
It was a fun event, but it was in no way necessary.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I get that. I don't buy nearly as much physical stuff anymore. I Marie Kondo'd a lot of that shit. Especially figures, which I sold a lot of what I acquired during those years I was buying whatever looked neat, even when I had no attachment to the character.

I was actually looking at my action figures the other day and contemplated selling them all, including my Hot Toys. The thought of boxing them up and finding shipping boxes is such as hassle though.

I don't know if I can ever transition fully to digital comics. I've bought and have access to a lot of digital comics, I just don't read them. Whereas if it's paper, I will.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it basically just introduced these new characters, that will probably have some point to in the future. Then it came up with the fix to make Krakoa "whole" or whatever lol.

Beyond that, it should have been an amazing X-Men take on the classic Tournament Saga and instead made it feel bloated and pointless with its stupid twist in the middle.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually looking at my action figures the other day and contemplated selling them all, including my Hot Toys. The thought of boxing them up and finding shipping boxes is such as hassle though.
That's actually easy. Just search on Amazon for shipping boxes in whatever dimensions you need. Most of what I had to ship was fine with like 14"x10"x10" or something like that. I bought them in bundles of 25. And a few big rolls of 3M bubble wrap.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Like I was saying last time, I think they were trying to deceive what people were expecting from X of Swords and man did it not work here lol. You nailed it before the spoilers basically.

Yeah, I'd love a hijinks free version of X of Swords.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
X of Swords was awesome, it was like 20 issues of Saturnyne being petty as fuck.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
the best part of X of Swords was that it gave us SWORD

the back half was entertaining, but the pacing was whack and caused what should have been an epic finale to fall flat because they already undercut the hot sizzling steaks that were promised early on

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the best part of X of Swords was that it gave us SWORD

the back half was entertaining, but the pacing was whack and caused what should have been an epic finale to fall flat because they already undercut the hot sizzling steaks that were promised early on

the trick for those pacing issues is to just not read half of the books

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
How is Excalibur now?
I dropped it quite early on because the writing seemed so messy and unfocused.
Has it gotten any better?

Status
Not open for further replies.