• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Little question for the historians.
I vaguely recall the start of an X-Men story where they somehow detect an underground chamber dating back from god knows when, without entrance to it. And the kicker is there seem to be someone in.
Now are my memories wrong ? Was it good ? Who the fuck was in there ?
I'm not entirely sure but maybe the Vault? They deal with that in Mike Careys run.

Also, X-men related but "Inferno" is good stuff. It's always fun watching Xavier get completely owned.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely subscribe to the "Frank Miller's more recent art is actually good if you don't color it naturalistically" take, but he's not really productive nowadays either way. I assume a new publishing house is mostly to set up a centralized place for his creator-owned stuff, let other creatives work on it, and make some cash in his old age.

At most I figure he'll be writing and letting others take art duties, like Grampa in that TDKR sequel a few years ago.

May 24, 2019
I thought his weird insert comics in DK3 were the best part. At least the art had character. I'll take it over something generic any day.

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
bleedingcool links here? weren't they like the breitbart of comics?

I can't deal with Steve Dillon's art when it's not Preacher :(

same😭 RIP

I got the Jason Aaron Thor omnibus the other day.

Remember when Jason Aaron was cool?

congrats! and yes, dude fell off so hard

I recently bought all of Aaron's Avengers trades. You made the better purchase.

i am so very sorry
i still don't get why there's arcs of prehistoric avengers and vampire wars and stuff i should really enjoy but its all so very forgettable

No, it was the other way around, Soule was the one who went "writers keep leaving Matt in fucked up places for the next writer so i'm just gonna kill him, haha take that Chip!!!" Now obviously we had that whole miniseries where he got better so by the time Chip got Matt it was more or less the same.

Either way, Soule never put his toys back in the box. Blind spot, Mike Murdock, Mayor Fisk, and all the other plot points were still there left for Chip, and Chip did use a majority of them. It was just the final arc that was a dream from the start and honestly i thought it was pretty good

ugh
glad someone enjoyed it, i just can't not find the "this was all a dream since this event" shtick not really hacky...shit was brilliant in brazil but that movie was ages ago

Yeah, I'm not sure what was ballsier, Soule doing a Mike Murdock plot where he magically pops into existence because of Inhuman weirdness, then just kind of leaving him around at the end of his run, or Zdarsky actually picking the ball up and making him integral to his own storylines in a sensible way.

Daredevil fans are always blessed.

absolutely agreed
mikes exit was actually sad, seeing chip seamlessly handle soules leftovers really made me like his writing even more

Yeah, just sucks that JRJR is drawing it. Dudes way past his prime.

he was once a high tier drawing-apidey-moping-in-the-rain artist too

Dan DiDio is BACK

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Frank Miller Launches Independent Publishing Company, New ‘Sin City,’ ‘Ronin’ Comics in the Works (Exclusive)

The comics legend behind 'The Dark Knight Returns' and '300' will act as editor-in-chief while Dan DiDio returns to the world of comics, acting as the company's publisher, for the first time since exiting DC in 2020.

what is with all these classic dark horse works jumping ship? i love that imprint but man IDW really ate some of their lunch

I mean, at least her stuff looks good and not horror show fodder like Greg Land.

ever so grateful that i've not seen dudes pencils in a while

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Might have lucked out and found a new copy of the first Excalibur omnibus for £70. Not been dispatched yet.

i am so very sorry
i still don't get why there's arcs of prehistoric avengers and vampire wars and stuff i should really enjoy but its all so very forgettable
I like the one-shot Caveman Avengers issues but most of the rest of the book is mediocre at best.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

Meowcycles looking like :

inc804.jpg

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Art Adams is GOAT when it comes to huge, super-detailed spreads like that. His homage/expanded version of the FF100 cover always blows me away.

CSj485B.jpg

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I thought Spider-Girl was just a one-off what if thing. I didnt know it went #100 issues.

It went for more than 100 issues. #100 issues is just the original run (plus an annual and a Wizard 1/2 issue). There was also Last Hero Standing, and later Last Planet Standing mini-events that involved the entire MC2 universe.

Then there's Amazing Spider-Girl, which went on for 30 issues. Plus a 0 issue which was basically a recap.

Then Spectacular Spider-Girl which went on for 10 issues.

Then the next volume of Spectacular Spider-Girl, which was 4 issues.

Then Spider-Girl: The End.

Mayday headlined quite a bit of content. There was also some ancillary content in some random books like Spider-Man Family (later The Amazing Spider-Man Family) and another Web of Spider-Man that had more MC2 content.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for the Kite Man spinoff show. That should give them so much room to cover weird corners of the DC universe.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
It's a mixed bag. I love Spider-Man, but his recent mainline run reminds me of the worst tendencies of modern comics.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes I wonder why Marvel even hires people to write Spider-Man when the editors are clearly calling the shots. (I sometimes feel this way about X-Men too.)

Status
Not open for further replies.