Which series should Messi read? (keep my tastes in mind, this isn't a popularity poll)

• Naruto

Votes: 10 15.4%
  • Bleach

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Dragon Ball (original, no Z)

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • One Piece (I know this will win by popularity)

Votes: 24 36.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
All I remember about Alpha is that they gave his real name as "Andrew Maguire" which is just....no, just no.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
This Barbaric book sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Even Scott Snyder approves!
923912._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Amazon.com: Barbaric #1 eBook : Moreci, Michael, Gooden, Nathan, Gooden, Nathan, Duke, Addison: Kindle Store

Amazon.com: Barbaric #1 eBook : Moreci, Michael, Gooden, Nathan, Gooden, Nathan, Duke, Addison: Kindle Store

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
This Barbaric book sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Even Scott Snyder approves!

Yeah its a fun read. I really dig the art and coloring too. Wish they were just doing an ongoing instead of the series of minis approach though.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The action was at least pretty cool in Get Joker. I still havent read it though lol. Just flipped through the art and really enjoyed what I saw.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly what I feared happened in Immortal Hulk #49

They are massively rushing the story to end on issue 50.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Exactly what I feared happened in Immortal Hulk #49

They are massively rushing the story to end on issue 50.
I mean i wouldn't consider "a full issue of two people talking about their relationship followed by an issue of a guy going through 2 doors" to be rushed, like, at all, but you do you

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I'm shocked they even bothered to follow up after a year and a half. Does this bode well for the Gwen Stacy comic? (It doesn't.)

Too bad, the first two issues were fine. They're far enough in that it seems worth the effort just to have a complete TPB out there, honestly. Like, release the last three digital only.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Man X of Swords is long, i'm only ten issues in but it already feels like a drag and they dont even have all the swords yet. I might just skip it and continue reading Marauders.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
Not even in the group and I know they are. That's a mealy mouthed statement about not taking sides and letting others decide.

I'm in the group and I don't even converse with others there. Only in it for omnibus news. That group is horrible when it comes to dealing with, well, any issue. At least the worst of them split off into Gem Mint's group but some bad eggs are still hanging around there.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Sinister War 2

Goddman it Shocker!

For years people have been confused as to thinking your gauntlets shoot electricity.
Now what do you do in this issue? Shoot electricity!

Fuck sake Herman.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Last couple of issues from that event are really good, but yeah it does kind of drag at points

I'll probably finish it but it's not really the most riveting event. Probably doesn't help i couldn't care less about Arakko or Otherworld.

Didn't like it at all, waste of event tbh

Not sure if i'd say it was a waste but i'm slowly getting tired of all things Krakoa. Only really in it for Marauders at this point.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Man X of Swords is long, i'm only ten issues in but it already feels like a drag and they dont even have all the swords yet. I might just skip it and continue reading Marauders.
I can absolutely see how that's a valid complaint but I really enjoyed it all. I definitely would've liked to see more of a focus on individual battles as a Shonen style tournament but some of the challenges ended up being really fun. I also ended up liking the Arakko stuff by the end, even if I agree the Otherworld stuff wasn't great.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Hellions was the best part of X of Swords.

And they didn't even complete their mission or get invited to the tourny.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I did like the Hellions issue of it I read. I'm going to read through the book from the start soon, seems like a lot of fun. Sinister playing rock paper scissors with his clone was hilarious.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the group and I don't even converse with others there. Only in it for omnibus news. That group is horrible when it comes to dealing with, well, any issue. At least the worst of them split off into Gem Mint's group but some bad eggs are still hanging around there.

I for one am shocked that Gem Mint has a bad community

Foofaraw

Oct 25, 2017

Got that Vault seal of approval. Love me some Vault.
Very dull event. Sword fighting Wolverine in Hell should have been more fun.

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
I for one am shocked that Gem Mint has a bad community

Legit shocked?

I think he has good content on his Youtube channel but I don't watch them any more. He did an interview with Ethan Van Sciver and lost a lot of subscribers and followers because of that, only to gain the same number back because it was a beacon for Comicsgate dudes. His Facebook group is littered with Comicsgate supporters.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Legit shocked?

I think he has good content on his Youtube channel but I don't watch them any more. He did an interview with Ethan Van Sciver and lost a lot of subscribers and followers because of that, only to gain the same number back because it was a beacon for Comicsgate dudes. His Facebook group is littered with Comicsgate supporters.

Nah not shocked, early on he had a bunch of borderline opinions where you could tell he was intentionally stopping himself from saying what he truly meant. Stuff about legacy heroes vs new ones ect. The usual Comicgate shit but he knows how to hide it.

Also Gem said that Allreds art is bad and I'm never forgiving that.

I'm past giving Gem, Omar ect passes for each time they accidentally interview a Comicgate person. These dudes are integrated enough with the hobby to know what's up. It's wilful ignorance at best. Its wierd how they all don't know the problems with these people, huh.

I've blocked all these channels as I don't wish to see them anymore.

Foofaraw

Oct 25, 2017
Very excited to watch Suicide Squad tonight! Might read some comics to punish myself ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.