• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else read R.E.B.E.L.S?
I really loved that book. In fact I was onboard with a lot of DC stuff at the time.
Then everything got messed up and I kinda feel of DC completely.

717396-r_01.jpg

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
In terms of quality you mean? I was enjoying it, but decided a while back to wait and read it in bulk. The progress made in each chapter felt way too slow to follow week by week.
I'd say the series is absolutely stellar up to Half wya through Season 2 where it drops down to good, but by the time season 3 rolls around, a lot of issues that slowly popped up in season 2 are exemplified to an unholy degree.

That's still about 8 years of great work, but man, is ToG insufferable from Season 3 onwards

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I'd say the series is absolutely stellar up to Half wya through Season 2 where it drops down to good, but by the time season 3 rolls around, a lot of issues that slowly popped up in season 2 are exemplified to an unholy degree.

That's still about 8 years of great work, but man, is ToG insufferable from Season 3 onwards
I see. I believe I stopped towards the end of the second season (after a long pause, since the train section was seemingly neverending); I'll probably catch up to it if it ever comes to an end.

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
Been reading some Morrison Justice League hardcovers I picked up, somehow between issues Superman went blue???

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Been reading some Morrison Justice League hardcovers I picked up, somehow between issues Superman went blue???
LOL! That was one thing that Morrison handled pretty well on JLA, at least in my opinion. He barely even addressed status quo changes to characters, unless he was the one to make the changes. There were some other ones other than Blue Superman, but I dont remember what they were atm.

But man, Blue Superman lol

maxresdefault.jpg

I had the glow in the dark cover of that Superman issue

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Basically, the way Morrison's JLA works is he's check in, get the status quo for the character, and then write his whole arc. When he'd start a new arc, he'd check back in and go from there. There was always some slight acknowledge of what was going on in their books, but generally the arc would be the main focus.

JLA was an event book, not a character book.

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
LOL! That was one thing that Morrison handled pretty well on JLA, at least in my opinion. He barely even addressed status quo changes to characters, unless he was the one to make the changes. There were some other ones other than Blue Superman, but I dont remember what they were atm.
Haha I can imagine that approach is really good for readers keeping up-to-date and reading everything, but when you're just trying to read collected comics like they're books two decades later you just kind of have to roll with stuff like, "okay, Aquaman's lost a hand, Green Arrow is dead" which I'm used to by now but... blue superman... that was a step further than I was expecting 😄

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Haha I can imagine that approach is really good for readers keeping up-to-date and reading everything, but when you're just trying to read collected comics like they're books two decades later you just kind of have to roll with stuff like, "okay, Aquaman's lost a hand, Green Arrow is dead" which I'm used to by now but... blue superman... that was a step further than I was expecting 😄
lol, I can see that for sure.

Cant wait for the omni. I missed some stuff when I first read it, so itll be nice to have it all collected in one book. I wonder if itll have the JLA Classified issues, and the WildCats issue.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AvX was eight years ago. Maybe they'll do it right this time.

Who am I kidding it's Jason Aaron.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
fangs out it's happening

Snyder about to start writing good comics again?!?
hello good morning physical comics to you all
RUDE
www.starwars.com

Lucasfilm to Launch Star Wars: The High Republic Publishing Campaign in 2021

New stories will explore the Star Wars galaxy set 200 years before the events of The Phantom Menace.

Please be good
source.gif

But Tower of God, God of High School, and Warren Ellis' FreakAngels getting animated adaptations. Excited!
A FreakAngels animated adaptation in 2020. What on Earth is happening?
I wish Matt and Natasha would get back together.
049b969e41986acc8f990475035ac183.jpg

Natasha isn't about to make Bucky a cucky.
AvX was eight years ago. Maybe they'll do it right this time.

Who am I kidding it's Jason Aaron.
Jason Aaron must be burnt out af by now. He was like their only big name when everyone left for Image and DC.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone reading Rosenberg's Hawkeye book? Is it safe to read without having a bad reaction or something?

Snyder about to start writing good comics again?!?

RUDE

source.gif

A FreakAngels animated adaptation in 2020. What on Earth is happening?

049b969e41986acc8f990475035ac183.jpg

Natasha isn't about to make Bucky a cucky.

Jason Aaron must be burnt out af by now. He was like their only big name when everyone left for Image and DC.
What is that from?

and screw Bucky!

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I'm not the greatest fan of aaron on his avengers, but I don't recall him ever addressing the new X-men status quo. But then again I did drop it for some time already

I sincerely hope no one goes through with avengers vs x-men 2.0

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, I did this. Mentioning AvX yesterday.

Has anyone read Wolverine: The Long Night? Read the first issue and its good imo

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
New Berserk volume came out but I can't order it 'cus there's not enough stuff to bring up the order to $50 for free shipping. I bet that mothafucka goes out of stock by tomorrow and it stays that way for weeks.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Avengers vs. X-Men 2: Civil War III

The X-Men, ignoring people like Magneto spreading blatant supremacist rhetoric: "How could this happen???"

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
New Berserk volume came out but I can't order it 'cus there's not enough stuff to bring up the order to $50 for free shipping. I bet that mothafucka goes out of stock by tomorrow and it stays that way for weeks.
How much do you need to add to your cart. If it's only a couple bucks I'll search a given publisher by price cheapest to most expensive and just grab something cheap.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
How much do you need to add to your cart. If it's only a couple bucks I'll search a given publisher by price cheapest to most expensive and just grab something cheap.
$22.

There's some stuff coming in early March that I want so I'll just wait until then. Crossing my fingers it doesn't go out of stock too soon, though.

Utopias are built for tragic downfalls.
This one was made to last.*

*Until Yoshida says No More™.

NoalleGospell

Dec 3, 2018
Puerto Rico
I really didn't like Aaron's X-men, loved his Thor, didn't read his Dr. Strange and am indifferent to his Avengers.

Also Original Sin was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Status
Not open for further replies.