• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.webp

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It just seems like a response that doesn't acknowledge the elephant in the room. The stuff people are upset about used to work and no longer does. It's not like people just became entitled and started wanting pie in the sky things. They simply want things that worked for years.
I understand that having different codebases is tough but it's not tough to wait until the new one is feature complete to force people into it.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Then what is the point of this thread?

I ask myself the same thing every month as I make the op.

But yes, a bunch of us have read these Spencer issues. They were okay, I think... Getting a bit long in the tooth at that point.

Also I had no idea they still published comics like that here. That's awesome.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
I ask myself the same thing every month as I make the op.

But yes, a bunch of us have read these Spencer issues. They were okay, I think... Getting a bit long in the tooth at that point.

Is there a different publishing schedule in the US?

Must say I am getting fatigue with this current villain arc, they've been building to it for months and I'm not feeling it.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a different publishing schedule in the US?

Must say I am getting fatigue with this current villain arc, they've been building to it for months and I'm not feeling it.

Yeah right now Amazing Spider-Man is 3 times a month . It's insanity. There are multiple writers and artists.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
aiptcomics.com

Genis-Vell returns in new ‘Captain Marvel’ series from Peter David

Coming this June, the five-issue 'Genis-Vell: Captain Marvel' series.

He's back! Recently resurrected in 'The Last of the Marvels,' the latest story arc in Kelly Thompson's hit run on CAPTAIN MARVEL, Genis-Vell will go on to star in an all-new limited series this June written by the creator who helped define him, the legendary Peter David! Announced earlier today at ComicsPRO, GENIS-VELL: CAPTAIN MARVEL will be a five-issue epic featuring artwork by electrifying artist Juanan Ramírez (DARKHAWK). The series will see the fan favorite Captain Marvel reunite with his former partner, Rick Jones, for the first time in decades for an adventure that spans the Marvel cosmos and a mystery involving Death itself.

Both now back in the land of the living, Genis-Vell and Rick Jones are about to come crashing back into each other! Can Rick Jones save Genis — and himself — before they both fade out of existence? Is Rick's ex-wife, Marlo, the key? Find out in this surprising saga that will chart a new course through the Marvel Universe for Genis, Rick, and more!

"I never thought I'd have the opportunity to return to Genis, what with him being dead and all. But apparently death never lasts…which is actually one of the themes of the limited series I came up with," David said. "It's great to be back with Genis, Rick, Marlo and the whole Genis-Vell gang."

Last edited:

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Anyone reading ASM here in the UK?

I just picked up the newest issue, that's it had a full year since the latest iteration now.
4Xbkv2g.jpg
I used to read Spidey via these Panini collections back in the early 2000s. They were the first comics I bought on a regular basis. They used to bundle a few standard issues together for a cheaper price - I never realised they were so far behind when I was a kid though.

The whole of Spencer's run is available as trade paperbacks now, so I'm surprised that Panini are quite so slow at printing these old issues. If you're fed up of waiting, you could always pick those up.

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone reading ASM here in the UK?

I just picked up the newest issue, that's it had a full year since the latest iteration now.
4Xbkv2g.jpg

Wow, when I was reading these they were 72 pages. Shrink-flation in action!

I still have a few of them, I think. Mostly Wolverine Unleashed and Marvel Heroes Reborn (the earliest ones I read were Astonishing Spider-Man which was knee-deep in the Clone Saga at the time), and the issues of Avengers United that had JLA/Avengers.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
lol, ill take it. But why would they cancel Black Cat, just to do the next arc as a mini.

Just waiting for the eventual Jed McKay Black Cat omni

Last edited:
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
Rian is so talented. These are all traditional painting, no digital used.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Also, did anyone check out the new ghost rider? Didn't even know there was a new run that was starting

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Suicide squard blaze is off to a good start. I thought constantine would be introduced quickly given the name but nope, it doesn't even seem like he'll be involved , kinda glad it focuses on a new group of characters actually. The writing and art are both very reminiscent of his hellblazer, so I'll definitely be following this one.

Nice, I'll probably check it out when it's on unlimited then

Status
Not open for further replies.