• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
78W4F0H.png

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Curious how the sales #s of the X-line shakes out as more books get released. Seems like everything not named X-Men or (probably) Wolverine will drop into the 30-40k range or below.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Marvel just needs to give all their underperforming titles a Symbiote. Or have Donny Cates write it lol.

Also if you care about that thing the solicitation/cover for FF #21 is out on CBR and definitely spoils the ending of X-Men/FF.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I reluctantly admit that Iron Man 2020 is good, great even. Big ups to Christos Gage, this is the coolest Machine Man has been in forever.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
I have to admit, I think Glass' Teen Titans is the best one in years.

I said it when the run started and it still holds true in today's issue, I love that this is a book about teens being angry, as a contrast to Champions' high-minded objective of changing the world and being inspirational. Teen Titans is just about kids that are angry and lost and trying really hard, and on occasion that turns to sadness, to great effect. It's not super spectacular, but it Gets It in a way I appreciate. Plus Crush is maybe the best new character DC's introduced in a hot minute.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Even the best Iron Man story is still and Iron Man story. No thank you.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Venom: The End is a weird ass comic. A mostly tongue in cheek essay whose thesis was "How Venom could survive until the end of the universe and have every superpower ever", written in technobabble and illustrated in semi manga style.

It's like someone took a fanfic that someone had put a ton of effort into and made it into a comic.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Venom: The End is a weird ass comic. A mostly tongue in cheek essay whose thesis was "How Venom could survive until the end of the universe and have every superpower ever", wrote it using only technobabble illustrated in semi manga style.

It's like someone took a fanfic that someone had put a tone of effort into and made it into a comic.
So it's a standard comic book.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
The thing that I don't like about Iron Man 2020 #1 is that, while previous issues show Arno as the ruthless but haunted super science dude, in this he's just blasting at robots and not being particularly inventive about it. It lacks the hard sci-fi edge that made that earlier Arno solo issue press my buttons.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Venom: The End is a weird ass comic. A mostly tongue in cheek essay whose thesis was "How Venom could survive until the end of the universe and have every superpower ever", wrote it using only technobabble illustrated in semi manga style.

It's like someone took a fanfic that someone had put a tone of effort into and made it into a comic.

....having just read this, i agree with it

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My new credit card doesn't work on CMX.

I guess I can never buy comics again.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Runaways was definitely excellent - Rowell does a good job avoiding "good" and "bad" for characters, while going headfirst into "likable" and "unlikable." Was wondering how they'd wrap this arc up in one more issue but looks like it's going for two more.

And no one told me another arc was confirmed! #32 in March, with Natacha Bustos (Moon Girl's artist) taking over. I've really grown to like Genolet's art, but that's not a bad change... man, I really hope we end up with an omnibus for Runaways by Rowell, it's been so consistently great. I think at this point I prefer it to the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.