• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
The worst part about LMAO man is that his current plan is literally just turn all the good guys into BAD guys whoa slow down that's a little too crazy for me

May 24, 2019
How's the Supergirl infected storyline? I felt sorry for Jody Houser having to start her run with that, but maybe she's making the most of it.
How was the Zoe Quinn Donna Troy one-shot?

edit: Like this looks like it could be fun.
mG2MqSP.jpg

It just turned her sassy by the looks of the cmx preview pages.

Last edited:

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
The worst part about LMAO man is that his current plan is literally just turn all the good guys into BAD guys whoa slow down that's a little too crazy for me
That's not even it. His plan is to bring the Dark Multiverse up to the standard one.j
How's the Supergirl infected storyline? I felt sorry for Jody Houser having to start her run with that, but maybe she's making the most of it.
How was the Zoe Quinn Donna Troy one-shot?

edit: Like this looks like it could be fun.
mG2MqSP.jpg

It just turned her sassy by the looks of the cmx preview pages.
Deathbringer, the Donna Troy issue, was edgy and fucked up like all the Infected ones have been. Houser's Supergirl has already started stronger than Andreyko's and the status quo is worse. Kara's real messed up.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Guillem March is the perfect Batman artist. Also, though the 5G talk given that there's zero confirmation on it is annoying, if Luke Fox taking the mantle ends up being true, there's a precedent being set in this run.
So what are the best Marvel books going right now?
Marauders
Daredevil
Venom
Immortal Hulk
X-Men
Ms. Marvel

All of these had strong #1s
Hawkeye
Guardians of the Galaxy
Thor

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Guillem March is the perfect Batman artist. Also, though the 5G talk given that there's zero confirmation on it is annoying, if Luke Fox taking the mantle ends up being true, there's a precedent being set in this run.

Marauders
Daredevil
Venom
Immortal Hulk
X-Men
Ms. Marvel

All of these had strong #1s
Hawkeye
Guardians of the Galaxy
Thor
Dr Strange had a pretty good #1 as well imo

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, I'm only reading like two of those. DD that good?
Zdarsky's DD has been fantastic
I think it was okay, but the majority of it is just regular-ass Donna Troy being frustrated because she's surrounded by shitheads that won't listen, and then almost unrelated to that she becomes the Joker.
Considering the entire Titans book it built off of with that team is her being in a leadership role she doesn't want to begin with and Donna always having issues with her place in the DCU, I think this just tipped her in a direction. Cut loose the inhibitions.

Not as messed up as Jaime eating people or Billy gutting his sister.
Dr Strange had a pretty good #1 as well imo
Haven't read it. Dr. Strange is not interesting enough on ensembles to warrant a solo read from me unless the talent is there.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Zdarsky DD has relatively slow pacing, but it's pretty damn good. If I have one nitpick it's how the artist switches can be jarring

Haven't read it. Dr. Strange is not interesting enough on ensembles to warrant a solo read from me unless the talent is there.
I feel that dr strange only really works in classic defenders as an ensemble. Other than that he's quite meh. I usually enjoy his solo stuff though

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

7 MARVEL OMNIBUS REPRINTS IN 2020

Holy shit, y'all. Marvel's actually listening. Please give the video a watch and a like and a subscribe. Omar's doing incredible work and the more support he gets from us, the more he gets from Marvel.

1. The New Warriors
  2. Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2
  3. Uncanny X-Men Vol. 3
  4. The Infinity Gauntlet
  5. X-Men by Chris Claremont and Jim Lee Vol. 1
  6. X-Men by Chris Claremont and Jim Lee Vol. 2
  7. Conan by Busiek (This is the Colossal Conan Dark Horse book, reprinted in smaller Marvel omnibus format)

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

Holy shit, y'all. Marvel's actually listening. Please give the video a watch and a like and a subscribe. Omar's doing incredible work and the more support he gets from us, the more he gets from Marvel.

1. The New Warriors
  2. Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2
  3. Uncanny X-Men Vol. 3
  4. The Infinity Gauntlet
  7. Conan by Busiek (This is the Colossal Conan Dark Horse book, reprinted in smaller Marvel omnibus format)

My Lee X-Men Omnis just lost all their value. Good reprints tho.

Oct 25, 2017
Re: the Daredevil discussion, the way Marvel's art can veer from "just fine" to "oh god no" is so frustrating.

Speaking of art, just finished reading Batman 87 and loved it.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The best Marvel books (and the only two books I still pay for monthly) are Immortal Hulk and Runaways.

But Daredevil, Venom, Amazing Spider-Man, and probably some of the X-Men stuff are all strong contenders.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

1. The New Warriors
  2. Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2
  3. Uncanny X-Men Vol. 3
  4. The Infinity Gauntlet

YES!!!! Getting #1 and #7!

Wonder if they will reprint the variant cover version for New Warriors. I love that Scottie Young variant.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017

1. The New Warriors
  2. Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2
  3. Uncanny X-Men Vol. 3
  4. The Infinity Gauntlet

Purchasing many of these. It's been hell getting into omnis this year and finding nearly all the good ones OOP.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Purchasing many of these. It's been hell getting into omnis this year and finding nearly all the good ones OOP.
i hear ya. i'm super excited to fill those gaps in my x-men collection, but i'm still looking at my spidey books... maybe 2021 for ASM Vol. 2&3, Roger Stern. Still need those original two X-Men omnibi, too.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
i hear ya. i'm super excited to fill those gaps in my x-men collection, but i'm still looking at my spidey books... maybe 2021 for ASM Vol. 2&3, Roger Stern. Still need those original two X-Men omnibi, too.
Yeah. I want ASM 2&3, Lee & Kirby's FF 2&3, Hickman's FF run, Byrne's FF Vol. 2., and Brubaker's Cap. Also waiting on a proper Starman omni.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I want ASM 2&3, Lee & Kirby's FF 2&3, Hickman's FF run, Byrne's FF Vol. 2., and Brubaker's Cap. Also waiting on a proper Starman omni.
heh, good luck on Starman lol. We got a solicit for one this year, but then it was taken away almost as fast as it went up.

But yea, I dont think there was ever a good time to get into collecting Omnis. I got in around when the Age of Apocolypse reprint came out, and like half of those were already OOP by then. But welcome to the dark side lol.

Mutagenic

Oct 30, 2017
I want that infinity gauntlet omnibus.
Same! I just purchased both the Infinity War omni and the Thanos Wars Infinity Origins omni, and will be grabbing the upcoming Infinity Crusade omni. May also grab the upcoming Thanos the Infinity Saga omni. I passed on the Infinity by Starlin and Hickman omni as I heard its a bit of a mess.
heh, good luck on Starman lol. We got a solicit for one this year, but then it was taken away almost as fast as it went up.

But yea, I dont think there was ever a good time to get into collecting Omnis. I got in around when the Age of Apocolypse reprint came out, and like half of those were already OOP by then. But welcome to the dark side lol.
Haha, I purchased the AoC omni for slightly higher than normal price because I knew it was only going up. As for Starman, I did see that. The way DC relies on pre-orders is pretty messed up considering sites like IST don't have a pre-order system.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
VENMMMMM VENMMMMM VENMMMMMMMMMMM MMMM MMM MMM MMM-MMM

I can honestly see Eminem wandering around his house trying to find a hook for this dorky song humming that.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I am selling comics today. Two buyers lined up to take some stuff.
One box of floppies. One box of hardcovers.

I need space for the omnis coming this year.

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio
Same! I just purchased both the Infinity War omni and the Thanos Wars Infinity Origins omni, and will be grabbing the upcoming Infinity Crusade omni. May also grab the upcoming Thanos the Infinity Saga omni. I passed on the Infinity by Starlin and Hickman omni as I heard its a bit of a mess.

Haha, I purchased the AoC omni for slightly higher than normal price because I knew it was only going up. As for Starman, I did see that. The way DC relies on pre-orders is pretty messed up considering sites like IST don't have a pre-order system.
How is infinity wars and thanos wars?

Status
Not open for further replies.