• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Frank Quietly faces - Potato, Not Potato?

• Potato

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Not Potato

Votes: 49 42.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
In hindsight, it was pretty stupid of me to assume no one would have a problem with Superman smashes the Klan
I honestly didn't expect to see twitter clowns saying "Superman is the REAL VILLAIN!! He could kill someone with that car!"

Loki: Agent of Asgard is real silly and dumb but I'm enjoying it. Decided to read it during my lead up to Original Sin and it's definitely a little rough trying to wrap my head around the whole reincarnation thing but it's such a light read. The issue where Loki goes back in time and is blowing up fish with a rocket launcher? That's the good shit
Enjoy! Sadly it was in tie-in hell for like a third of the issues but it's still really worth it

Where was it set,
back on the farm?
Before the main series And back in the farm

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Doomsday clock feels more inconsequential with each delay

Doomsday Clock has been inconsequential since Dan Didio decided he didn't give a fuck about what Geoff Johns was doing. Like, literally the only reason this story mattered was to bring back the Justice Society, the 90's heroes, and the Legion of Super-Heroes. Bendis is bringing back the Legion and Young Justice (Connor Hawke BTFO apparently), and Tynion/Snyder are bringing back the Justice Society. There's literally no purpose to DC other than to finish it to say they did.

At best, maybe when 12 comes out they could use it as an excuse to refresh the line.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I wonder if Contagion has anything to do with the official revelation that Luke Cage is a member of the Weapon Plus program.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
This was the worst week for us to be the spotlight. I feel like it should've happened the week House of X and Powers of X dropped.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Jeff Lemire is doing a Joker book with Sorrentino and a Question book with Cowan/Sienkiewicz for Black Label

Wish those were switched, and Sorrentino was on The Question book. There are way TOO MANY Joker books already lol.

I also would like to see someone do a longer Question book. Black Label means it will probably just be 3 "oversized" issues. I want something like a 12 issue limited series at the least. They did set up something like a Detective's Guild team recently, so maybe that will get a book soon.

Just found out about the Question book from Dennis O'Neil. Might pick that up next time theres a good sale on single issues.

deadman322

Oct 29, 2017
i could see them bumping doomsday clock closer to september so that there isn't as much of a gap between it and the books that are spawning out of it.

also that question book sounds great, love that theres not a single mention of mystical powers.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Did some googleing lol. Guess CMX came up with the technology, and lets other publishers use it who sell their books on the storefront. Its probably up to them to make sure it reads correctly too.

Wonder if artists had to change things a bit just to make sure it reads properly in guided view. Like not having too crazy of panel layouts, or having to rotate the book as you read like in that infamous New 52 Batman issue.

I'm not sure if/how many teams have tried to adapt knowing folks are reading that way, but i think some folks actually dislike GV because it essentially removes the elements of layout and page turning.

Funny find. In the new Young Guns Sketchbook #1, they've got a drawing from Mr. Dauterman. "Russell Dauterman draws Storm, one of his favorite heroes, and conceives his own personal design for her." So that's Dauterman's design, eh? How weird, it feels like we've seen it before...

IMG_8598.jpeg
powerofx2019001_cassara_character-decades-var.jpg

Oh, it just happens to be Storm's new costume for Hickman's X-Men.

Heh, nice find!

Jeff Lemire is doing a Joker book with Sorrentino and a Question book with Cowan/Sienkiewicz for Black Label

Oh my god, fucking stop with the Batman/Joker books. Christ.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Question sounds great, but that Joker book is a hard pass. What a waste of Sorrentino

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc

Not quite there yet, but Marvel's really pushing it with Venom. I really don't think he and/or symbiotes need to be such a pivotal part of the canon.

For me personally: Harley Quinn, Batman, and Deadpool, with Venom well on his way there

Venom's current book having some good stuff is okay but talk to me again if Absolute Carnage sucks massively.

Everything else? Yes. Especially fucking Harley. Jesus.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Carnage is worse then Venom in my eyes cause he just is a MORE MURDEROUS RED VENOM! Shits wack.

Id love it if Blade got Batman tier push

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Carnage is worse then Venom in my eyes cause he just is a MORE MURDEROUS RED VENOM! Shits wack.

Id love it if Blade got Batman tier push

Yeah Carnage is super one note. I think there was an interview with the Venom team and they discussed maybe introducing some shades of gray to the character until realizing that "nope, he's just evil. Nothing good or deep here"

In terms of B-tier or C-tier character who should get mega-pushes, Blade is the fucking top of the list. Give me the entire universe and 10 tie-ins.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Carnage only really worked for me one time and that was the Neversoft Spider-Man game where Venom was a total goober who sucked at being a hero so hard he kidnapped Mary Jane.

He's Venom, but badder! That only really works when Venom offers some contrast.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if/how many teams have tried to adapt knowing folks are reading that way, but i think some folks actually dislike GV because it essentially removes the elements of layout and page turning.
Yes and No. Sometimes it works really well with how the panels are constructed. Like when there is a sequence of events, reading in guided view can actually enhance some pages. But more often than not it does take a bit away from reading it normally. I only like to use it when im reading on my phone, which isnt often, but I do like to have something to read on me for car trips or waiting rooms. I do wish it showed a zoomed out view more often, like after reading a page, it should zoom out and show the whole picture. But I guess you can do that manually, which ive had to do a few times.

Just got me curious this morning lol.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Batman can't have go away heat, guy's the only sure fire draw in comics. You might not like him, but the crowd does.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017

Guess Near Mint is going to be getting the Marvel solicits early lol.
EDIT: This is only for the Collected Editions :(

New Omnis:
Miles Morales Omni (The 616 Spider-Man series that follows directly after the Ultimate Miles Omni) Feb 2020

X-MEN Vs. APOCALYPSE: The Twelve Omnibus!!!!! Fuck yes! I was just wondering why they hadnt done this one before the Revolution Omni. I know the stories are shit, but I really wanted this! Feb 2020

Looks like its got The Shattering, Powerless, and both X-Men Vs. Apocalypse trades. Just need one with the stuff from right before like Magneto War.

Last edited:

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018

Fucking hell another goddamn Joker book? Lol not even Lemire sounds that enthusiastic about it, I wonder if Didio basically told him he had to do a Batbook if he wanted to do the Question. God they really should relabel "Black Label" to "Bat Label" they are totally fucking dependent on Batman, the Joker, and Harley. I'm sick of all three of them.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell another goddamn Joker book? Lol not even Lemire sounds that enthusiastic about it, I wonder if Didio basically told him he had to do a Batbook if he wanted to do the Question. God they really should relabel "Black Label" to "Bat Label" they are totally fucking dependent on Batman, the Joker, and Harley. I'm sick of all three of them.

That was honestly my thought as well. "We'll let you do your vanity project, but you better fucking believe you're doing a Batbook too"

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
Batman can't have go away heat, guy's the only sure fire draw in comics. You might not like him, but the crowd does.
But will he always be number 1? I don't think so. Superman, X-Men, Spider-Man, hell even GL under Johns at one point, they were all the number 1 character before falling off. If DC keep overexposing Bats he may eventually suffer the "Wolverine Fall" where people eventually go from loving him to hating him. Not saying it's a sure thing or that it will happen but it's a possibility.

Aquaman made over a billion last year and Arthur can't get one BL book while Joker gets fucking THREE? I swear they better not fucking halfass WW's 80th like they did her 75th or I'll be very angry on the Internet lol. She better got at least one BL book on that anniversary.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: RIP I got sniped by Vic. ;D I am also excited about the X-Men omni.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
But will he always be number 1? I don't think so. Superman, X-Men, Spider-Man, hell even GL under Johns at one point, they were all the number 1 character before falling off. If DC keep overexposing Bats he may eventually suffer the "Wolverine Fall" where people eventually go from loving him to hating him. Not saying it's a sure thing or that it will happen but it's a possibility.

Aquaman made over a billion last year and Arthur can't get one BL book while Joker gets fucking THREE? I swear they better not fucking halfass WW's 80th like they did her 75th or I'll be very angry on the Internet lol. She better got at least one BL book on that anniversary.
Bats has been running the ship in the comic circles for at least the past 15 years. He's been been overexposed. But the man in the cowl still makes money in this dying industry.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
what the fuck is this slander I'm reading about a new Lemire and Sorrentino project

WHAT

THE FUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.