• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
If it helps all you got spoiled on is probably the dumbest thing they've done in the post-Hickman era... like it's pretty baffling the direction they've taken her.
It is truly baffling but then I remember some of the shit that was in 90's X-Men and it fits right in.

Peter and Felicia are meant to have each other. Sorry MJ, sorry Gwen!

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Finished X Lives and Deaths of Wolverine. What a weird plot idea for Moira. A character that was so pivotal to the creation of Hickman's X-Men. Just killed off almost off panel, then replaced with a robot version of herself that has her memories. She's a terminator now, without any of the stuff that made her so compelling.

So everyone kept talking about this so I finally decided to Google and figure out what the fuck this is about. Man, they really fucked up anything cool about this, huh.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I caught up on Immortal X-Men and it's really good. Inferno and now this is the book I wanted the entire time since HoX/PoX ended.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
SWORD and Red are good for side books. Duggans X-Men seems like the team book that actually go on missions lol. Havent read Immortal yet, but it does look like the type of on-going that delves into the rest of the Krakoa stuff I want to read about.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Al Ewing is the hook
There's only room for one Hook in my heart.

hook-aew.gif

also, since you like Immortal, did you read Gillen's Eternals?
I did, and I liked it for the most part. But I prefer the politics of X-Men to the Eternals.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I'm watching episode 2 of Harley Quinn season 3 and this show is perfect. Just going all in on Harlivy and making Nightwing a sad emo anime boy is just the best thing I've ever seen.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Yup, it's weird how personally people take writing decisions. It's pretty clear that a lot of writers recognize that you need to put a character through the ringer to bring them out triumphant on the other side. They're not doing that to be mean, to shit on fans or characters, etc... Meanwhile we have clowns verbally assaulting creators at conventions, sending death threats, etc... It's juvenile and ridiculous and one more bane of people overly fixated on canon as if one decision they disagree with somehow nullifies decades of the version of the character they like or future iterations of what the character might be.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, it's weird how personally people take writing decisions. It's pretty clear that a lot of writers recognize that you need to put a character through the ringer to bring them out triumphant on the other side. They're not doing that to be mean, to shit on fans or characters, etc... Meanwhile we have clowns verbally assaulting creators at conventions, sending death threats, etc... It's juvenile and ridiculous and one more bane of people overly fixated on canon as if one decision they disagree with somehow nullifies decades of the version of the character they like or future iterations of what the character might be.

Pretty sure Stephanie Philips actually hates Ivy. Think about it. She never wanted her in Harley Quinns book.

Oct 8, 2019
Took me about...40 minutes but I said fuck it and decided to read both X Lives and X Deaths. What are the odds Hickman had any of this in mind?

Considering that Hickman was the person who wrote Moira as a villain who promoted a world for mutants, then immediately put out a "no Precog" rule, tried to create a cure that would get rid of mutants, and the whole setup is man becoming machines.

Something like that yeah.

Powers of X has Moria dressed like Bastion walking over the corpse of mutants

ladk6dzt43l31.jpg

marvel.fandom.com

Sebastion Gilberti (Earth-616)

90 appearance(s) of Sebastion Gilberti (Earth-616) 8 appearance(s) in handbook(s) of Sebastion Gilberti (Earth-616) 8 minor appearance(s) of Sebastion Gilberti (Earth-616) 15 mention(s) of Sebastion Gilberti (Earth-616) 11 mention(s) in handbook(s) of Sebastion Gilberti (Earth-616) 61 image(s)...

Hickman never wrote Moira as Claremont Moira, he never wrote her as 90's Moira, he wrote her as someone who was willing to do anything to get her way, a pragmatist, who went into this life already having given up, she was plotting against Xavier and Magneto the entire time, she never intended for Krakoa to work.

Screen+Shot+2022-01-05+at+7.30.17+PM.png

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure Stephanie Philips actually hates Ivy. Think about it. She never wanted her in Harley Quinns book.
I can't tell if you're serious or not. I'm happy that we get both a good solo Harley book as well as a great HQ animated show with her and Ivy together. Best of both worlds and really it seems like Harley is being handled as well as she ever has at this point.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if you're serious or not. I'm happy that we get both a good solo Harley book as well as a great HQ animated show with her and Ivy together. Best of both worlds and really it seems like Harley is being handled as well as she ever has at this point.

I can't believe you think I'm in any way serious? I bought the art ffs 😂

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
So all these characters in Harley Quinn are actual DC characters right? Even Kite Man or Queen of Fables?

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
Ant Man #1 is a fun take on the old tales of astonish stories, and would fit right in with them. I suspect the book will probably jump to another "time period in comics after, wonder which it will be

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
That's just cover for when in their next arc they reveal that the character you like is actually a big dumb idiot that sucks.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Looks like SGM finally got himself a co-writer, Clay McCormack, on White Knight: Red Hood. Well, hes listed under "scripts by". Also Simone Di Meo is doing the art again, which is neat.

Heres the Batman preview:
https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/29/dc-preview-batman-126/
Failsafe is a badass robot
there is a letter in the back of the latest Beyond Whige Knight about it. apparently Clay has been a sounding board for SGM on White Knight since the beginning, almost an uncredited collaborator and the Red Hood mini is SGM's way of letting him have a bit of the Spotlight.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
there is a letter in the back of the latest Beyond Whige Knight about it. apparently Clay has been a sounding board for SGM on White Knight since the beginning, almost an uncredited collaborator and the Red Hood mini is SGM's way of letting him have a bit of the Spotlight.

How generous of him.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I'm a Pete x MJ guy, but I do like Pete x Felicia as well. Shout out to Ultimate Pete x Ultimate Kitty Pryde too, underrated pairing
And MJ not showing up to Peter's birthday party is straight up bullshit. Fucking Vin Gonzales showed up, but Mary Jane Watson didn't? The only mention of MJ in the big milestone ASM 900 was in the interview section with the creators of this run (and Kevin Feige).

I just want to point out the Hellfire Gala issue (that ASM will be following up on) does not have Peter acting as if he and MJ are no longer on speaking terms. The Gala wasn't originally part of Wells' plans, but as the writer of ASM he signed off on it. So unless the next two issues do something on that front, Peter's just on casual speaking terms with MJ with no real build-up.
I'm surprised no one has turned Vin into a villain yet. Whatever reason MJ has for not being with Peter I doubt it's good enough to justify her missing his bday.

Idk about the hellfire gala issue. I sensed some awkwardness there, though tbf they didn't get to talk much

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wells is the writer who referenced Peter digging himself out of his own grave in Kraven's Last Hunt and said it was because of the strength of Uncle Ben.

tumblr_oi4p28wa4g1svvfjzo1_1280.png

I do not know how you misunderstand Kraven's Last Hunt so completely. But Zeb Wells does. And now he's writing Amazing Spider-Man.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Man, this guy lol.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I will begin giving credit to my silent creative partners in the thread going forward. But I'm certainly not paying them.

Status
Not open for further replies.