• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
At least comics lived long enough to give me this panel

8rrxLYg.jpg
This is a precious gem that must be treated and kept as such forever
giphy.gif

Wait that manga isn't wholesome? Oh lord.

Anyways, that Jen art is great.
Manga is never wholesome
Yo. They posted the Gene Luen Yang origami one too.

1) This was delightful

2) I have not read every Superman comic. Not even close. I have certainly not read many, if any of the classics. This man wrote the most emotional Superman comic I have ever read. He deserves an ongoing.

3) I need to read New Super-Man

4) Superman Smashes the Klan is the only comic worth reading
On no am I am Attack on Titan fan? Oh... No. I'm watching the second season and I realised I like these people. Fuck. Yimir and her gal pal 😍. Mikasa and Levi too.

Fuck how did this happen
Did you get to Castle Utgard? Because that's the fucking moment right there for Krista.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
This is a precious gem that must be treated and kept as such forever

Manga is never wholesome

1) This was delightful

2) I have not read every Superman comic. Not even close. I have certainly not read many, if any of the classics. This man wrote the most emotional Superman comic I have ever read. He deserves an ongoing.

3) I need to read New Super-Man

4) Superman Smashes the Klan is the only comic worth reading

Did you get to Castle Utgard? Because that's the fucking moment right there for Krista.

I just watched the episode called Historia. It's about them escaping the tower. The episode about Yimir and Krista before this got me as did that episode.

Eren is such a moron btw. I love it. Him wiping out getting his first kill made me laugh so hard

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
I can't click any of that because I don't want to know if my faves die.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Wow it really would help if either big two company could step up and actually write a statement. Embarrassing.
Marvel told retailers that they are working on something with Diamond, so we'll probably see something from them soon. DC is seemingly ignoring it and not messaging retailers back, but I could see them releasing a statement tomorrow since it's the end of the week.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

Oct 25, 2017
You're in S2, so Petra's already dead. You have no more favorites.

Petra was fine, that scene was rough. I like Annie but I'm not sure what's going on with her.

I like Mikasa, Levi and Hange Zoe the most. A few others like Yimir and Historia are lesser but still cool. I don't know the name of the girl who was living in the woods with her dad but she's awesome. Armin is fine as is Eren... Eren is a legit moron but it's funny.

You don't need to confirm if any of those are dead lol

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
Petra was fine, that scene was rough.

I like Mikasa, Levi and Hange Zoe. A few others like Yimir and Historia are lesser but still cool.

You don't need to confirm if any of those are dead lol
That's a respectable list. Sad to see that you don't feel Armin is best boy, but I'll forgive you I suppose. Sasha's great. Eren's a complex character. He gets a lot of shit, but given what he's been through it's not exactly so simple a thing to analyze. He gets smarter.

Last edited:

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
The Morphing Grid meta has changed. Megazords have officially fallen off the wayside in favor of the Zerg Rush meta. May God have mercy on us all.

But seriously, that was awesome, even though Jason Trini and Zack are in deep trouble now. Goes to show just how powerful the Morphing Grid can make you especially in large numbers.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
While both have Johnny Yong Bosch, only one of them does not have a scene of a young girl fucking a table and fully embraces the full on nonsense that it is. And has far better music and character design.

That's Bleach.

Bleach is better. Is the pacing worse? Sure. Does it have a ton of non-manga arcs that are shittily placed to pad and fill time that I skipped? Sure. Does it have a ludicrous amount of characters that you're like "but who what and why tho?" For sure. Are the fights over the top and fun? Yup. Bleach is fun. Code Geass has Rolo.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I'd say Code Geass is good all the way up until it totally fucks itself.

And then its the worst.

But its not just the worst.

It's the worst that makes people think it has something to say when it doesn't.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I upgraded from my 2018 11 inch iPad Pro to a 2020 12.9 inch and holy shit that screen size is a hell of a difference. My already poor eyesight is getting more problematic as I get older and double page spreads were a problem in portrait (I'm too lazy to rotate every other page in the average Avengers comic :) ) Now I can read them properly!

I set a picture of an angry Spider Jerusalem head as my background and it looks glorious.

May 24, 2019
Here's another pencils down post.

Guessing that's DC. Looks like she's working on a WW Zoom book due in June. Plus I saw it from a Tom King retweet.

e: Huh. #pencilsdown has been adopted by comicgators.

Last edited:

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to inform them, but if all that's left is comic creators being independent then that shit is going to be a much different thing than they realize. I feel it'd end up way more queer and avant garde in a way those nimrods could anticipate. lol

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
Just finished Hickman's Fantastic Four and FF. What a great run. Are there any other modern Fantastic Four runs that match in quality?

I think I'm going start his Avengers next and read through Infinity and Secret Wars.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Hickman's Fantastic Four and FF. What a great run. Are there any other modern Fantastic Four runs that match in quality?

I think I'm going start his Avengers next and read through Infinity and Secret Wars.
I heard Mark Waid's run is good.
And I strongly recommend Hickman's SHIELD. Please read that.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Why do I have to watch and read stuff where people are constantly pushed to the edge and then they get hurt or killed

You know, I hate that style of writing too. Feels very manipulative. One of the reasons I don't like Saga, Walking Dead, Battle Royal and various others comics that seem to exist just to give readers that dread of 'you-fave-might-get-killed-gruesomely-next'.

You can do what I do though - not read such series...

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I have decided that I do not want to talk about Code Geass.

Very on brand for DC.

How does one enunciate Geass?

I upgraded from my 2018 11 inch iPad Pro to a 2020 12.9 inch and holy shit that screen size is a hell of a difference. My already poor eyesight is getting more problematic as I get older and double page spreads were a problem in portrait (I'm too lazy to rotate every other page in the average Avengers comic :) ) Now I can read them properly!

I set a picture of an angry Spider Jerusalem head as my background and it looks glorious.

Literally have been considering doing the same upgrade. I'm back and forth though as it's a lot to spend right now, but I wish I went 12.9 on the current model I have at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.