Status
Not open for further replies.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Y'all I was mad skeptical at first but Yakuza:Like a Dragon is so good. I never realized a Yakuza JRPG like this would be so good. Love it.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I need to try Like a Dragon again. I stopped when Elden Ring came out and just never went back. Did start Tales of Arise yesterday and love those anime cutscenes. Need a good story though to get invested in.

Ferda

The Fallen
Jan 25, 2019
Portland, OR
I wanna start the Yakuza series but I think I want to give Persona 5 a try plus Pokémon is coming out in no time and I really want to play Xenoblade. Think I need to quit my job.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I was thinking about buying the Excalibur trade paperback(because I'm a fan of Arthurian legend) but what's wrong with it?
If you like other Excalibur or Captain Britain runs, you might like it. I did.
I wanna start the Yakuza series but I think I want to give Persona 5 a try plus Pokémon is coming out in no time and I really want to play Xenoblade. Think I need to quit my job.
Quit your job, Ferda.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I need to try Like a Dragon again. I stopped when Elden Ring came out and just never went back. Did start Tales of Arise yesterday and love those anime cutscenes. Need a good story though to get invested in.
A perfectly reasonable reason to take a break. When it was first announced I was very skeptical about a Yakuza JRPG but somehow it's one of the best ones I've played in years.

Ive always been curious about Arise, but my next game is Xenoblade 3.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
I've always loved leveling up in RPGs, and the jobs are so fun in Yakuza. They give just enough of a permanent boost to feel worthwhile but not so much that it feels broken.
That's what I'm waiting to do. There hasn't been many random battles in the first couple hours but the battle system is so fun, I can't wait to get more skills and start grinding.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Madrid x Avengers is not a collection I expected...

shop.realmadrid.com

adidas x Marvel x Real Madrid

Se trata del Legado. Descubre el superhéroe que hay en ti. La heroicidad del Real Madrid en los campeonatos ha quedado cimentada en la historia como un auténtico talismán en el deporte.

HM3866_RMCFMZ0069-01_500x480.jpg

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's what I'm waiting to do. There hasn't been many random battles in the first couple hours but the battle system is so fun, I can't wait to get more skills and start grinding.
There is a battle arena part which most hated but I enjoyed. Then there's a fixed enemy in the underground which gives a ton of xp. It makes grinding a bit repetitive, but I still enjoyed that part.

Feb 16, 2022
Like a Dragon is sooo good. The main story had me sobbing like a baby by the end.

I don't think I've read enough, or anything, really, from Tini Howard to say I like her works or not. Is this from a book she's written? Because I did love it when I saw the preview pages:
images

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Francavilla drew motherfucking Frankenberry and ya'll don't care?

I am leaving this community.
Remember when they got 3 comic artists to do the box art of the 3 cereal monsters? Because I do.
There is a battle arena part which most hated but I enjoyed. Then there's a fixed enemy in the underground which gives a ton of xp. It makes grinding a bit repetitive, but I still enjoyed that part.
That sounds good. I love listening to a podcast while grinding. I did that for hours in Elden Ring.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Like a Dragon is sooo good. The main story had me sobbing like a baby by the end.

I don't think I've read enough, or anything, really, from Tini Howard to say I like her works or not. Is this from a book she's written? Because I did love it when I saw the preview pages:
images

No, that's Leah Williams.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
www.gamesradar.com

Is Madelyne Pryor really a villain, or just rightfully pissed off at Cyclops?

Comic book hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

Scott Summers is a piece of shit for what he put Madelyne through

He is, but I'd be pissed if they wrote him as one. Claremont's intention was for Scott to move away and settle down with Madelyne, and that was the end of Cyclops' story. And because Marvel wasn't satisfied with that, they forced him onto X-Factor and made him leave his wife and kid.

Also, that article has a pretty intentional slant.

To try to give Scott somewhat the benefit of the doubt, Jean's resurrection was one of the first times a major comic character died and came back to life, so he really had no context in which to emotionally process someone coming back from the dead.

That said, he definitely didn't try to work things out with Madelyne or figure out how to navigate the situation in a less harmful way than plain old running the heck away back to Jean.

What actually happened is he heard Jean was alive, was like "Shit, no way, I need to see if that's true." And Madelyne was like "You walk out that door, that's it for us." And when he came back, Madelyne and Nathan were gone without a trace. There wasn't anything to work out because she was gone.

None of this excuses Scott clearly not letting Jean go, but still.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
It was a pretty good event all things considered. It feels both rushed and undercooked in some regards though
It had the story for something the size of Time Runs Out but had to be fit into a six issue summer event, and it definitely suffers for it.
They still pulled it off about as well as they could, which was pretty damn well, and honestly i wouldn't want any part of it to be cut to make space for the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.