• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is Peter Parkers (Spider-Man) best romantic partner?

• Felicia Hardy (Black Cat)

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Gwen Stacy (Vanilla version)

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Carlie Cooper (Non Goblin version)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird)

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have come to bless this thread
AVEN2018050-Liefeld-DP-30th.jpg

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question: Do comics on the amazon storefront ever get permanent markdowns?

Like IDW will cut the price of its issues in half after a month.

God I am not looking forward to this. I should back up all those comics I bought.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Am I really the only one surprised that Spider-Gwen was the only Spider referenced in the timeline recap ?

She wasn't the only Spider-referenced. They showed Ben Reilly in his Scarlet Spider costume and while his name wasn't dropped, they said "clone". They also showed Superior Spider-Man and referenced it as "Doc Ock Freaky Friday".

What you're trying to say is Spider-Gwen is the only one whose name is dropped.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Todd McFarlane sounds like Kermit the Frog.... Good lord.
I'm now imagining Kermit saying this

If you had to choose between a slow, searing ride on Satan's carousel or watching helplessly by as your best friend got it on with your lover, what choice would you make? I'm Todd McFarlane, creator of Spawn. A crude scenario I've just painted? Possibly, but Hell isn't subtle, folks.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Finally read the new amazing. It was a weird issue, lot of artists, you could tell there was editorial interference. Still, probably the closest we'll ever get to them addressing OMD again. Loved the Ben back up story though, seeing Janine again my gosh, it's been so long.

May 24, 2019
Is Inferno worth reading if you stopped following X-Men after X of Swords?

edit: I don't mind catching back up on XMen for it, but I'll probably wait for the Inferno trade in that case.

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Let's take a look at the solicit for ASM Vol. 5 #74.

• It's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #875, and the whole ASM team is coming together to bring you a massive issue that is the culmination of three years of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN!

• It's all lead to this… "Hunted," "Sins Rising," "Last Remains," "King's Ransom," "Chameleon Conspiracy," "Sinister War"…and so much more all led to this climax and conclusion to Nick Spencer's landmark run on the best comic book in the world.

• What will happen with Peter and MJ, Mysterio, J. Jonah Jameson, Norman Osborn, Aunt May and Kindred?! FIND OUT HERE!

About half of these characters didn't even appear.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I saw this comment and i think it's a perfect summarization of Batman: Fear State

(Comment by 343burninglegion)

"Is it just me or is it starting to look like Batman could solve most of his problems by taking the week off and letting Saint and Nakano die/self-destruct in the fallout of their own bad choices?"

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
God dammit. They're already starting this CMX integration too soon. I enjoy looking at the reading insights in the kindle app, as it keeps track of how many weeks/days in a row you've read, and how many titles you read each year. But now comics are suddenly included so my number of titles read this year jumped from 11 to 269. I hate this shit. Why does Amazon always strive to make everything actively worse?

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
God dammit. They're already starting this CMX integration too soon. I enjoy looking at the reading insights in the kindle app, as it keeps track of how many weeks/days in a row you've read, and how many titles you read each year. But now comics are suddenly included so my number of titles read this year jumped from 11 to 269. I hate this shit. Why does Amazon always strive to make everything actively worse?
Because they are lazy and greedy and always do the minimum effort.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe someday we'll get the inside scoop on what happened during the last year or so in the Spider-Office, it was probably nasty. I didn't really read it, but Lowe just putting out a generic "thank you people who worked on this comic" afterword is pretty telling...

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Peter's fucking breakdown during his monologue about being trapped in a never ending spiral of shame that always returns him to the status quo in #60 feels... especially interesting when thinking about it in light of the obvious changes made to Spencer's last issue.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I forgot to say yesterday, reading Miles Morales #30 was a nice palate cleanser after Amazing 74 lol.

Though the one odd thing is this was the big anniversary celebration of the character and Bendis wasn't brought in to write a short story. Especially odd since he's apparently no longer exclusive with DC. I wonder if the snubbing was intentional?

May 24, 2019
I wonder if anyone who jumped on this ASM series as a new reader ended up satisfied if it's seemingly all about old storylines at the end.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious how they plan on making Beyond new reader friendly when the prologue in ASM #74 is all about Ben Reilly's old girlfriend who was in prison and hasn't been seen since the 1990s.

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe someday we'll get the inside scoop on what happened during the last year or so in the Spider-Office, it was probably nasty. I didn't really read it, but Lowe just putting out a generic "thank you people who worked on this comic" afterword is pretty telling...
I was surprised there was no personal comment at all from Spencer.

Oct 29, 2017
Asked this in the X-Men thread, but no answer. Anyone able to help me understand?

SWORD #8 - reading comprehension fail: Who is the person on middle of the penultimate page with the red line line drawn on her face? And why is Storm's face so CRAZILY different in the last part? And who was she fighting in the Ring flashback - herself?

I was getting strong US (the movie) vibes here but feel I may be horribly off.
It's Khora of the burning heart, don't know what's the deal with the flashback. I don't think there was anything wrong about her face at the end but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.