Who is the best ongoing artist right now?

• Jorge Jimenez (Batman, Nemesis)

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Dan Mora (Batman/Superman : Worlds Finest , Once and Future)

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Bruno Redondo (Nightwing)

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Valerio Schiti (S.W.O.R.D, A.X.E)

Votes: 14 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I heard the words Green Lantern and felt summoned. So as it turns out, the last writer of Green Lantern has been talking about his run on Patreon. Turns out, the DC editors had some big, dumb plan for DC Cosmic. And part of that included blowing up the Central Power Battery (ugh), and getting rid of all the human Green Lanterns except for Hal and Jo.

Jesus Christ lmao. And it all ended up as a 12 issues bomba book.

I've been thinking about Dark Crisis and how much it feels like a rushed event, and I think it's because DC mishandled so much of their line and needed a reason for a relaunch.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I've been thinking about Dark Crisis and how much it feels like a rushed event, and I think it's because DC mishandled so much of their line and needed a reason for a relaunch.
It sure seems that way. The 5G last minute change/cancellation likely ruined a lot of their longer term plans. Getting to a new status quo likely cleans up some of that downside.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

I'm still not sure Green Lantern was "canceled" so much as DC shelved it until they finish with Dark Crisis.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Getting rid of as in killing? That sounds very dumb. Jessica Cruz is a legitimately great new character. John Stewart is cool, although he wasn't in the most recent run, IMO. Kyle is fine. Guy is always fun to have around. Simon Baz never really hit for me, but that doesn't mean he should be killed up when he could be built up instead.

Blowing up the central power battery is dumb and has happened many times in the past.

While I sympathize with the writer as that sounds like bad editorial mandates I also think the writer didn't do a great job of writing a coherent and interesting book. It felt like silly John Stewart fanfic at times and at its best was middling.

The only good things that came out of the last run was Yellow Lantern Jessica Cruz (which wasn't even Thorne and was a Ryan Cady thing) and the last issue that brought back all the other Corps. If I was relaunching the line I'd roll Kyle back to being the White Lantern, keep Cruz Yellow, have the Earth GLs be Jo, Baz, John, and I guess Hal. There'd be a GLC book and a Tales of the Corps anthology to cover the rest. Oh and kill Guy I guess? I dunno, fuck Guy 😂

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The only good things that came out of the last run was Yellow Lantern Jessica Cruz (which wasn't even Thorne and was a Ryan Cady thing) and the last issue that brought back all the other Corps. If I was relaunching the line I'd roll Kyle back to being the White Lantern, keep Cruz Yellow, have the Earth GLs be Jo, Baz, John, and I guess Hal. There'd be a GLC book and a Tales of the Corps anthology to cover the rest. Oh and kill Guy I guess? I dunno, fuck Guy 😂
I alternately love Guy or love to hate him. Good writers keep him interesting enough that he should be around, IMO.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I alternately love Guy or love to hate him. Good writers keep him interesting enough that he should be around, IMO.

I'm reading Human Target on the DC sub and I laughed out loud at Guy's fate when I read that page. I'm super over King in general but his characterization of Guy was spot on.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading Human Target on the DC sub and I laughed out loud at Guy's fate when I read that page. I'm super over King in general but his characterization of Guy was spot on.
King has become more hit and miss for me, but Supergirl was amazing. I'm a bit over the old song lyrics, however. I am looking forward to the Gotham Year One mini.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
King has become more hit and miss for me, but Supergirl was amazing. I'm a bit over the old song lyrics, however. I am looking forward to the Gotham Year One mini.

I loved the art in Supergirl but thought the story was pretty bad. But that's King now, you either love it or hate it

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
I dunno, i admit i haven't read that much Guy besides the Johns, Tomasi and post-Rebirth runs, and i get that King wanted That Archetype and out of all the characters he picked the one that was more of an asshole

But also grabbing the guy with an abusive father and turning him into basically the same just doesn't seem right to me

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, i admit i haven't read that much Guy besides the Johns, Tomasi and post-Rebirth runs, and i get that King wanted That Archetype and out of all the characters he picked the one that was more of an asshole

But also grabbing the guy with an abusive father and turning him into basically the same just doesn't seem right to me

I don't disagree with any of that, I just hate Guy.

Dark Mantonio

Nov 1, 2017
www.kickstarter.com

The Complete GIANT DAYS Library (for Libraries…and You!)

Seven deluxe volumes collecting every page of John Allison's Eisner Award-winning comic series (with free copies for libraries, too)!

Giant Days Kickstarter

Burying the lede here!!!

5dab4d375b6bf99b9b0a57a7c2643e5d_original.png

But wait, you might be saying… What about the NOT ON THE TEST editions?

Way back in 2017, BOOM! Studios initially began collecting GIANT DAYS in hardcover with NOT ON THE TEST editions. But only the first three were ever produced and the set was never completed.

51a313c3ac228670f643de8eca3434e1_original.png

Exclusively as part of this campaign, BOOM! Studios is excited to finally offer the complete slate of limited-run NOT ON THE TEST editions – either individually (Vol. 1 – 7) or as a "final four" set for any backers who already have the first three lovingly stored in a place of distinction upon their shelves.

Featuring the same trim size (6.625" x 10.1875) and interiors as the seven LIBRARY EDITION volumes, these brand-new NOT ON THE TEST editions feature high-quality cloth covers for the discerning GIANT DAYS completist and will never be made available in the mass market. (Tres chic!)

Fuck yes!!!!!!!!!!!

5IBTPqy.gif

I've been waiting for this! Finally!

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Join Aurica , kmfdmpig , and me and get a Galaxy Tab S7+.
It looks like a slightly lesser version of the s7+ is on sale now:
slickdeals.net

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE 12.4" 64GB Mystic Black SM-T733NZKYXAR w/ Keyboard (Open Box) $304 + Free Shipping

quickshipelectronics via eBay has Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE 12.4" 64GB Mystic Black SM-T733NZKYXAR w/ Keyboard (Open Box) for $304. Shipping is Free

Same screen size, although LCD rather than AMOLED.

Feb 16, 2022
So Task Force Z was a prequel ?
You have no closure, I thought they were at least going to make Jason and Bruce talk about the whole operation (Fiasco ?) not make him run away without answers.
Is the book ending, and is there a planned followup if so? I've been enjoying the earlier issues but just naturally fell off by #6.

I actually think I liked it more than Johns run at the same time. I've always felt that Tomasi was a bit underrated as his Batman and Robin was quite good as well (two great runs overshadowed by bigger runs by more famous writers).
I agree. Tomasi's GLC run was actually far better than Johns' GL run, IMO. That's how you do a GL book.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I would've honestly preferred JRJR on today's ASM. Dragotta straight up made Peter look like an alien lol.

I really liked the first half of the issue but then it became pretty bleh and predictable. Oh well.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Guy is the best lantern
He is pretty great. More often than not I find Kyle, John and Hal to be too prototypically heroic and perfect, which is boring.
Jo is great, Jessica is interesting and Guy, when written either as an arrogant ass or as a brusque brawler with heart is interesting.
Back in the day Soranik was cool as well but they kind of ruined her.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
He is pretty great. More often than not I find Kyle, John and Hal to be too prototypically heroic and perfect, which is boring.
Jo is great, Jessica is interesting and Guy, when written either as an arrogant ass or as a brusque brawler with heart is interesting.
Back in the day Soranik was cool as well but they kind of ruined her.

Poor Simon Baz is so overlooked he isn't even referenced in this post talking about the human GLs.

(Alan is also unmentioned, but he isn't technically a part of the GLC.)

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Poor Simon Baz is so overlooked he isn't even referenced in this post talking about the human GLs.

(Alan is also unmentioned, but he isn't technically a part of the GLC.)
Simon was almost ok when he and Jessica were sharing a book. Mostly he's just incredibly boring and lame. The gun and lack of personality doomed him from the start.
Alan is great but as you say I consider him separate from the rest both due to his powers being different and his ties to JSA rather than GLC.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Thor and Carol are dead? like dead dead? or "dead but the x-men will bring them back even tho they aren't mutants because lol ressurrection" dead?

Event sounds like a bloodbath either way since
Mags is also dead.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Thor and Carol are dead? like dead dead? or "dead but the x-men will bring them back even tho they aren't mutants because lol ressurrection" dead?

Event sounds like a bloodbath either way since
Mags is also dead.
Like 90% of the marvel heroes are dead, obviously it won't stay that way. But Erik's one might stick.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I won't stand for people attacking Rossmo in this fuckin thread

Status
Not open for further replies.