Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Was the Miles thing even shown in any of the Bloodhunt tie ins? It felt like it came out of nowhere and I wasnt sure if I missed it.

Read this week's Superman tonight. Glad that part of the story is over, excited to see where its going next. Ive always wonder how Brainiac goes from the one weve known to Brainiac 5 in the Legion. I like that they are bringing in the larger family, along with all the dumb multiversal counterparts. Just hope they do something better than just killer Queen version.

May 18, 2018
The chains are badass. More characters could use them. Warren Worthington the 3rd with chains or Ms. Marvel with chains!

Speaking of Superheroes with chains, heres a cover for Absolute Power

abs.jpg
They're facing the signs the wrong way lol

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Would make sense considering that it was probably meant to synergize with the MCU Blade movie and the rumored original plot for it was
Shame they didn't put out that Daughter of Blade comic back in 2015 with Tim Seeley. It sounded like a rad premise. But Seeley himself said in an interview that he quit because he thought he was fucking it up. There was criticism at the time over an all white creative team doing a book about black characters.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird for the comic to follow Marvel in its metahuman paranoia. JLU did a great job at it at least.
Yeah, at least in the case of X-Men they kind of make a (poor, IMO) analogy between race/religion/sexual orientation by having a singular difference between Mutants and non-Mutants. It's a bit trickier when the three enemies are: a normal, albeit rich, guy, a goddess from a hidden island, and an alien. I could see someone disliking any of those three based on what makes them unique, but it's hard to see disliking such a wide range of DC supes in the same way that some rando citizen in Marvel 616 might be hateful toward mutants by buying into the "us vs. them" stuff that is all too common in society. Also, I agree about JLU. That show did everything right.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One of the things I actually really liked about Doomsday Clock (please appreciate how much it pains me to write that) is the Supermen Theory, the idea that the US government intentionally started to create metahumans in a post-Superman world as a covert way to build up an arsenal of human weapons that could be used as a newer, friendly type of nuclear deterrent.

Which is a neat way to explain why 90% of heroes in the universe as US-based, why they all started popping up at once, and why people would suddenly become skeptical of the Justice League and its ancillary heroes.

I don't think that's what they're doing here though, so...

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell whether Elsa's comments make me feel more or less confident that we'll see a Love Everlasting 16 a few years from now.

After a little over two years (or has it been three? I don't know anymore). I wrapped up Love Everlasting #15 in early February and we're taking a big break in the series. I hope we get back to it someday, but the end of this issue should answer enough questions to leave you all satisfied!

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell whether Elsa's comments make me feel more or less confident that we'll see a Love Everlasting 16 a few years from now.

After a little over two years (or has it been three? I don't know anymore). I wrapped up Love Everlasting #15 in early February and we're taking a big break in the series. I hope we get back to it someday, but the end of this issue should answer enough questions to leave you all satisfied!

Absolutely less, she's done.

She's struggled with the grind on the series and art in general and from what I know she was very close to changing career. She struggles with depression among other things so it's understandable. I don't think she should be on a comic with a monthly deadline.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely less, she's done.

She's struggled with the grind on the series and art in general and from what I know she was very close to changing career. She struggles with depression among other things so it's understandable. I don't think she should be on a comic with a monthly deadline.
That sucks to hear. She seems like a truly wonderful person, so it sucks to hear she is dealing with depression.
I wonder if a model like what she did on November might be an option if she does stick with comics. Do an arc at a leisurely pace and release it as a trade when it's done. Honestly that's a more appealing business model to me anyway, although I guess TKO tried that and didn't find a whole lot of success.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
That sucks to hear. She seems like a truly wonderful person, so it sucks to hear she is dealing with depression.
I wonder if a model like what she did on November might be an option if she does stick with comics. Do an arc at a leisurely pace and release it as a trade when it's done. Honestly that's a more appealing business model to me anyway, although I guess TKO tried that and didn't find a whole lot of success.

She's currently doing her DSTLRY (great business model lads) book about an assassin spy person. She has to do 3 issues double sized for her contract, I believe that's what she said. That's the main reason Love Everlasting is going on hiatus. She's writing and drawing it. But on top of that she has a whole bunch of depression issues.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
She's currently doing her DSTLRY (great business model lads) book about an assassin spy person. She has to do 3 issues double sized for her contract, I believe that's what she said. That's the main reason Love Everlasting is going on hiatus. She's writing and drawing it. But on top of that she has a whole bunch of depression issues.
Bummer. Hate it when bad things happen to good people. I guess on the plus side, it's cool that a book like Love Everlasting ever was made to begin with, so if it ends at 15 then that's still a win.

CountCorvinus

Mar 10, 2023
Okay, Blood Hunt is fucking amazing. I don't think I've ever been this excited for a Marvel comic event ever. I really hope when this is all over they do a couple graphic novel collections. I was just gonna pick up the main issues, but I'm hooked. I wanna read everything. I just wish my nearest comic shop wasn't so far away.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
One of the things I actually really liked about Doomsday Clock (please appreciate how much it pains me to write that) is the Supermen Theory, the idea that the US government intentionally started to create metahumans in a post-Superman world as a covert way to build up an arsenal of human weapons that could be used as a newer, friendly type of nuclear deterrent.

Which is a neat way to explain why 90% of heroes in the universe as US-based, why they all started popping up at once, and why people would suddenly become skeptical of the Justice League and its ancillary heroes.

I don't think that's what they're doing here though, so...
That sounds like a more interesting story than what I was expecting. Still havent read Doomsday Clock, but maybe its time.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, Blood Hunt is fucking amazing. I don't think I've ever been this excited for a Marvel comic event ever. I really hope when this is all over they do a couple graphic novel collections. I was just gonna pick up the main issues, but I'm hooked. I wanna read everything. I just wish my nearest comic shop wasn't so far away.
I think we found Brevoort's era account.

Memento Mori

Oct 26, 2017
This could be very good, unfortunate Tim Sale can't be involved due to his passing.

www.thepopverse.com

DC's Batman: The Long Halloween gets a new sequel that doubles as tribute to the late Tim Sale

DC and writer Jeph Loeb are extending the hit Long Halloween storyline with a new 10-part comic with an all-star art team paying tribute to Tim Sale.
Presumably this means that one shot from a few years back will finally be collected in trade.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Any other good comics with Vampires? Is American Vampire my best option?
American Vampire is probably the best bet, yeah. DC's New 52 I, Vampire was good, too. There was also an indy book a while back called Bleed Them Dry that you may want to look into. Beyond that maybe Vampironica if you don't mind the Archieverse. And Hellsing if you want to dip into manga.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea forgot about Bleed Them Dry. That was a book I wish had been longer.

Been trying to find actual books to read as well and havent had much luck. Seems like everything is either a super long running series or romance trash. Might have to start looking into light novels.

Edit: oh yea I got the Nightwing compendium in today. It's a joke that this wasn't an omnibus.

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yea forgot about Bleed Them Dry. That was a book I wish had been longer.
You can always try the Vampire: The Masquerade comics from a little while back. I think they released a complete trade and it was a solid series from what I remember.

Edit: oh, and if manga is still on the table, they're two volumes into a localization of #DRCL, which is a manga retelling of Bram Stoker's Dracula. Art is absolutely breathtaking.

Last edited:

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Kobo is the biggest competitor to Kindle. I'm not sure how their website works though, one of the benefits of Kobo is that it's easier to use other formats (not that it's particular hard on Kindle to begin with), so I hope it's not some kind of drm.

I have also read the first two volumes of #DRCL a while back and they're quite good, though of course it's still ongoing.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, These Savage Shores is the only one that really interests me.

I was hoping for something more like Blade since Marvel doesn't like using him much. Bleed them dry was really similar but too short.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Reading Blake Crouch's Recursion. Better than the last few comics I read but could be better.

Looks like Jordon D. White, former Korakoan era X book editor, is now editor of the Symbiote books and the Hulk books lol. Seems like a demotion to me, but what do I know.
bleedingcool.com

Jordan D White, New Editor of Venom/Symbiote & Hulk Comics At Marvel

Jordan D White was the X-Men editor during the Krakoan Age. But now that Tom Brevoort is taking over, what's happening to Jordan?

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Reading Blake Crouch's Recursion. Better than the last few comics I read but could be better.

Looks like Jordon D. White, former Korakoan era X book editor, is now editor of the Symbiote books and the Hulk books lol. Seems like a demotion to me, but what do I know.
bleedingcool.com

Jordan D White was the X-Men editor during the Krakoan Age. But now that Tom Brevoort is taking over, what's happening to Jordan?

All of his novels are excellent

zero_fm

Mar 11, 2022

bleedingcool.com

They got Brevoort to the X-books because they wanted a higher profile editor on them, which is pretty much them saying White is not good enough for the job.
Being quite frank here, when Cates was writing Venom, it basically became top 3 of the Marvel comic books at the time, so it's not that bad of a demotion
Also, Wil Moss is now editing Avengers, which also either means he's either getting promoted or that they have given up on the Avengers books

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i can't remember if it's bluexy or someone else here who always knows when marvel is reprinting omnibi, has there been anything about new runs of vols 2 and 3 of the venomnibus series?