• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
TW_Coming-Soon_01.10.2023-8154e42e362c8575f3bf.jpg

Welcome to 2023, Game Pass friends! We're starting off the year with some iconic franchises from beloved Japanese developers whose games will soon be landing with Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass. For now, let's start juicing up our controllers and get our pre-install on; it's time to get to the games!

Coming Soon

Persona 3 Portable (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 19
If I say there's an hour "hidden" between one day and the next… would you believe me? Master the power of the heart, Persona, and uncover the tragic truth of the Dark Hour. Experience the iconic, critically acclaimed RPG that reinvented the Persona series!

Persona 4 Golden (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 19
Experience a coming-of-age story that sets the protagonist and his friends on a journey kickstarted by a chain of serial murders. The world-renowned Persona 4 Golden promises unforgettable adventures, meaningful bonds, and heartwarming experiences shared together with friends.

Monster Hunter Rise (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 20
The critically acclaimed action-RPG series returns! Set in the Japanese folklore inspired land of Kamura, players will team up to battle fearsome monsters, craft a wide variety of gear, and prevent the world from falling into calamity. Rise to the challenge and join the hunt!

Leaving January 15

The following games are leaving the Game Pass library soon, so be sure to use your membership discount to save up to 20% on any games you want to keep in your library!

• Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Nobody Saves The World (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Pupperazzi (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • The Anacrusis (Game Preview) (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • We Happy Few (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Windjammers 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

news.xbox.com

Coming to Xbox Game Pass: Monster Hunter Rise, Persona 3 Portable, and Persona 4 Golden - Xbox Wire

Welcome to 2023, Game Pass friends! We’re starting off the year with some iconic franchises from beloved Japanese developers whose games will soon be landing with Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass. For now, let’s start juicing up our controllers and get our pre-install on; it’s time to get to the...

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
💀 💀 💀 what is goin' on with the random no-hyped drops like mortal shell and stranded deep and then on the "scheduled" Tuesday it's 3 titles all of which were announced a long time ago 💀

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
Really wanted to play Nobody saves the world. But I kept getting this bug where the game read my gamepad twice and forces coop.

Dyna

Nov 1, 2017
Finland
Hopefully this means that Xbox Direct thing is actually happening, wouldn't really make sense to not reveal the rest of the titles getting added to Game Pass yet otherwise.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Monster Hunter as is the persona franchise in general is pretty new to me. These releases obviously hit people differently

They were announced last year for GP and dated, so this is the first time I believe no unannounced games dropped with the usual monthly drop. I also believe its never been just three games

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
A whopping two games will have been added between 12/15 and 1/19. And there have been around a dozen removals during that period.

And now we are basically waiting until possibly a showcase at the end of the month for more?

Real shitty start of the year.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who built out a new PC over the holidays I really love how almost every new gamepass game is also coming to PC

its also super overwhelming how many games, I still haven't played High on Life, currently playing P5 Royale and really wanna play P3 and P4 but no clue when I'll get around to it. There is a bit of a ticking time bomb knowing most games leave gamepass a year after they enter (except first party, of course).

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Wish Monster Hunter Rise had cross save or a save import option. Fell off the Switch version (should get back to it) and would love to play this version but no interested in starting over when I'm 35+ hours into it.

Oct 27, 2017
A whopping two games will have been added between 12/15 and 1/19. And there have been around a dozen removals during that period.

And now we are basically waiting until possibly a showcase at the end of the month for more?

Technically, 4 games have been added (Mortal Shell Enhanced Edition & Stranded Deep were added last week), but yes, the point stands. Very few games have been added since Dec 15. Let's see what happens after the 20th. Hopefully, we'll get a deluge of games after the 20th.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I'd say that my backlog thanks me, but those are three massive time sink games.

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
These are obviously great games but I do feel a bit disappointed with didn't get our usual bastch of 8-10 games with some random new stuff there. I find it's the smaller things that I play the most on gamepass

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018

Yeah, its surprisingly weak content output for a subscription service. I hope the slowdown picks up

BranCrackr

Oct 4, 2019
Was debating speedrunning the Danganronpa achievements to get those sweet points, then remembered the school mode :(

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Can't really complain about the quality but I've kind of dropped both franchises because of how long and padded they are. Ain't nobody got time for long games if you have a Game Pass sub.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah what's up with that. I even got a notification about it on my game pass app

Must have been an error, but even so it would have been nice for them to clarify that. Not just announce it to everyone in a push notification and then just not follow that up at all

They're lucky the error was for Shadow Warrior 3, can you imagine if they accidently told everyone something like Starfield was available now when really it was still weeks away?

It would be chaos lol

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Very good games but there's no chance in hell I'll beat any of the Persona games assuming they're only on here for a year each.

Gonna give MH Rise a go though, I haven't liked MH games I've tried in the past but I'm willing to give it one more shot.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I don't understand the complaints. Holiday season and really not much going on. Think you can survive off the games being added. Not every month can be insane.

I have been waiting for some good new games to drop since last month, and I really dont care much for some Persona and Monster Hunter ports. I mean, there are a bunch of games I haven´t played on GP still but none of them interest me. Its not about being desperate to play something, its wanting some actual games that I want to play being added to a subscription service I am paying for.

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
Three solid additions. 2023 is going to be an insane year for Game Pass. These three in January. Atomic Heart in February. Wo Long in March. Have a Series X coming today or tomorrow in preparation for this slate.

Blue_Toad507

May 25, 2021
Doubt I'll get to play Danganronpa before it goes. Ah well.

I really wish Xbox would give us more prior notice as to when titles will be leaving.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the complaints. Holiday season and really not much going on. Think you can survive off the games being added. Not every month can be insane.

How long does the Holiday season last lol? It's January 10th.

And if you don't care about old JRPGS and Monster Hunter, it's been pretty barren for the last month.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Would I really dip into a second Rise save file, just to experience some of that increased FPS...

....oh god I probably will, if only for a couple of hours

Would I really go back and play P4G a second time knowing that it's a 70 plus hour timesink...