delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
This modification is part of the Nintendo Gigaleak that was leaked out a while back.

Modder 'MrL314' first discovered references to the track editor within the code for an early Super Mario Kart 1991 prototype, which was leaked online last year as part of the so-called Nintendo 'Gigaleak'.

The leaked prototype revealed the code for Super Mario Kart's SFX-DOS functionality. SFX-DOS (or Super Famicom DOS) was Nintendo's in-house operating system used for SNES game development, and allowed developers to read and write data directly to the console and use PC peripherals such as a keyboard and external floppy disk.

www.videogameschronicle.com

A Super Mario Kart hacker has restored Nintendo’s official track editor | VGC

Modder ‘MrL314’ used code uncovered in a recently leaked prototype to restore dev tools…

Use the track editor to erase me and my thread from existence, if thread is old.

Kernal 64

#TeamThierry
Oct 28, 2017
NY
This is amazing! The original Super Mario Kart has always been my favorite entry in the series. I hope we see some fan made tracks come out of this that we can play via ROM hacks or something.

EDIT: Yeah, it helps to scroll all the way down the article to see that fan made tracks already exist, lol. Still pretty cool to see behind the scenes tools like this.