• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
daraku-tenshi.jpg

Via JapaneseNintendo:
City Connection have announced they are working on a complete version of the Psikyo 2D fighting game Daraku Tenshi (The Fallen Angels) for Arcade release with a home console version coming at a later date. The game originally released back in 1998 and is thought to have been in an unfinished state. Many thanks to Naruki.

That's pretty impressive. City Connection also recently announced a new game in the Strikers series, so it seems they're doing pretty well.

Deleted member 56841

User requested account closure
Banned
May 18, 2019
I first discovered this game at the Galloping Ghosts arcade in Chicago, the amount of detail put into the sprite work was of a level I had never seen in a fighting game.

I wasn't aware the game was unfinished, and when I was playing I honestly couldn't tell, the game is a blast, but it's incredible to see this game finally getting a home version.

Yuiran is adorable too, so that helps.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OH my GOD! I've been waiting for a completed version of this game for almost 2 decades.

Hopefully they get most of the unused characters in there and give this a little more production value in the UI and music.

TheFallenAngels-Dtsnake.gif
Dtlapis.gif
Dtsid.gif
Dtjimmy.gif

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
This is kinda old, it was announced in the exA-Arcadia stream from AOU two months ago.

But yeah, still awesome news.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's super awesome, always loved the way this game looked. Emulation on the unfinished version was rough.

Remember reading something about it being incomplete because the director (?) had a mental breakdown.

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
Completely missed it. Apparently this news comes from this tweet:

It's okay! yeah, it seems they revealed new info in Naked Loft (a place where the stuff from Game Center Mikado hang out). They are completing the game and they will try to finish it to it's original intentions. Also all of the incomplete four characters that are stored in the PCB ROMs will be available, that's cool. Thanks for the thread!

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Great news, I absolutely love the art style. I played this I think 12 years ago and always wondered why it wasn't ported to the DC back in the day, it would have gotten a cult following for sure.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
I wish this would happen more often! Great to see it here. I've plaued this a few times, but never for long. Timr to see how Harry Ness and Cool greet the modern world... maybe they'll meet Maxima and K' in battle some day!

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Na
NA
NANIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII?!?!?!?!

I'll get this on PS4 at least. This is out of frikkin' nowhere @o@