• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dkeane

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the first episode. Conan is a legend. Try to space these out since there's only 4 episodes.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
God Conan is just fantastic. Loved all of these. And that song with his goofy-ass bridge is hilarious

DirtyManos

Oct 25, 2017
Oh crap, the Argentina episode might be an all-timer of Conan travel episodes.

Fantastic beginning to end

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Argentina and Thailand were the standouts for me. Norway was good, too. Ireland was fun, but he already did a lot of great remote stuff in Ireland, so it didn't feel quite as fresh.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking at the fjord!
There's salmon in the sea!

God I was dying at the Norwegian pop song. Shit is gonna be stuck in my head for days

Marathoned all 4 and really wish there was more. All the guests were really funny and bounced real well off Conan save for the salmon farmer in the Norway ep. God he gave Conan just about nothing to work with lol. Loved the mom in the Thailand ep, lady was fuckin hilarious

Also, did anyone else almost feel bad for Jordan in the Argentina ep? I know the gag is that they have a contentious relationship but Conan felt almost too mean at that restaurant lol

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Might be a dumb question but is this show complete improv? Like did none of these people know he was coming?

rudeboyoslo

Jan 5, 2018
Just watched all of them in a row, great fun. As a resident of Norway I felt the episode was kinda lacking, I guess he should have spent more time in Oslo, not in Bergen haha. But all in all, good stuff.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
The Argentina episode was definitely a step up from the already entertaining Norway episode. What's the difference between this and Conan Without Borders?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Made me laugh multiple times, definitely interested. The look he gave him at the table after he said "pareee" lol.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Is this kid appropriate at all? Assuming no but I wanted to put it on in the background with a toddler running around.

ratprophet

Jun 24, 2021
Anywhere I can watch this in the UK?

Insane to me that Max isn't and has never been available over here, they would make a killing.

Oct 29, 2017
Conan brought writers with him so it's a mix of improv and scripted.

I think the fans who seem shocked to see him genuinely didn't know he was coming.

On the podcast they explained that they had ideas, but very often a lot of it is improv. Like they brought the costumes and stuff.

And it was a big challenge because they did want fans to be surprised so they told them that some guy from the podcast is going to come record some B-roll but no Conan.

Unfortunately some of them saw him on social media when he entered the country at the airport and such and kind of figured it out.

Oct 26, 2017

Idde

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the first episode and perhaps it's just me, but...has there been a bit of flanderization going on with Conan? I always used to love him, and earlier travel episodes, for his great mix of sincere interest for a culture and Conan's signature goofiness.

This was just Conan being awkward and over the top funny. Which sure yeah, that's his job. But a lot of it felt pretty forced here. Perhaps the next episode will be better, cause Conan's gotta work with what the situation gives him, which could very easily fall flat. But Conan's a great interviewer who can make a lot of people feel totally at ease (which is what gets people to accepts his awkwardness) and I'm really missing that.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
I literally just got back from two weeks in Thailand, the day before yesterday. Can't wait to watch with my wife!