• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, now this stuff is a whopper and actually is concept art from Trevorrow's planned Duel of the Fates. This stuff is wildly different. I've been saying the script sounded inferior to JJ's version but this stuff does look extremely cool.

MTYat4i.jpg

tIP2Pi0.jpg

3Wuj7t2.jpg

Tor Valum

C1eKUIv.jpg

First Order occupied Coruscant

d8MTqpP.jpg

Streets of Coruscant

35753ee.jpg

Rey vs Kylo on Mortis (Revan looking mask for Kylo?)

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Luke's ghost was such an exciting thread from TLJ that was used in the most lame way possible in TROS. It's like Kylo and the rest of the galaxy forgot he ever existed. Seeing the art of him fucking with Kylo causes me physical pain from the disappointment.

Occupied Coruscant also looks amazing and was another logical place to go after the FO seized military control of the galaxy. Im not saying this version of the film would have turned out well, but at least it feels like a film that tries to connect sincerely to the other films. As opposed to TROS which disrespects all the previous entries and tells a story that doesn't connect to anything.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Duel of the Fates is such a better name, and having visual fanservice like the callback shot of the droids walking through a ruined Coruscant is great.

I think RoTS is the movie we deserved though. A film reflective of society.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I still can't believe JJ didn't give her a double bladed saber, well except for shark tooth Rey.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
To be fair, if you'd just seen the concept art for RoS and not the film then that'd probably seem just as exciting.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Based on such minimal information, I don't want to say this would have been better than Rise of Skywalker, but this would have been better than Rise of Skywalker for absolute sure. Like no question.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I'm saying this but

I wish Colin Trevorrow had been allowed to do the Star Wars movie

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think I can see the problems Disney might have(guillotines and suicide), but I GUESS I'll admit firing Trevorrow was a mistake and he should have been allowed to at least attempt this.

OP
OP
Halbrand

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Personally I think the optimal Episode IX would have been a merge of the two plans, keeping the Emperor (yes, I know), keeping the Ben Solo redemption unlike Colin's version, but having the Battle of Coruscant with citizens fighting against stormtroopers, having Luke more involved, and giving Rey a double bladed lightsaber.

The Coruscant ideas here look just perfect.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
An occupied Corrusant would've been extremely cool. But I guess too risky and real for Disney. As that artwork looks very inspired by pictures from Syria.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
It's impossible to know how the movie would've turned out (the leaked story had some interesting beats), but some of that concept art looks amazing idd.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, this would have been better than ROTS. That movie was such a rushed mess made under a tight deadline that it should have been delayed to be a better movie.

It would have shown progression in the storyline and built from TLJ.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I am still surprised they didn't actually give her a Maul style light saber. It seemed like a slam dunk after the first movie. COME ON.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
The more we learn about Colin Trevorrow movie, the more I think it would be a better movie than The Rise of Skywalker. Duel of Fates leaks has some stuff I didn't liked, but most of it at least felt like a proper conclusion to a trilogy. Coruscant looks really great, I was surprised no one even tried to integrate it to any sequels.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why we must do this. Like haven't we been burned bad enough already that you would go on to the extra step of salting the wounds..

OP
OP
Halbrand

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
YsUaHaE.jpg

This picture combined with the one with the ruined streets makes me think of how it could have been like the Nazi's downfall in Berlin.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, if you'd just seen the concept art for RoS and not the film then that'd probably seem just as exciting.

forreal. the movie stank but Kylo's trek to Palpatine's lair looked pretty fucking dope too, if we judged movies by concept art we'd think Rise of Skywalker showed a lot of promise lmao

double bladed Rey and coruscant would have been nice though :(

luke's ghost definitely should have plagued Kylo too smh

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
One thing though, that RotJ-Luke-like outfit for Rey doesn't work at all. Especially it being fully black and that white inside. Coming from TLJ where she clearly learned that the Dark Side holds nothing for her, she should at least have the colors they now used in RoS.

OP
OP
Halbrand

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
One thing though, that RotJ-Luke-like outfit for Rey doesn't work at all. Especially it being fully black and that white inside. Coming from TLJ where she clearly learned that the Dark Side holds nothing for her, she should at least have the colors they now used in RoS.
While it looks cool Rey having almost the exact same outfit as Luke from ROTJ complete with the open white flap wouldn't have made sense at all

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This looks really cool but the leak sounded even worse then TROS. So yeah... pretty pictures just don't tell the whole story.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017