• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
I'm posting this since I read a lot of people asking whether or not this pack would be sold separately or if it would be part of the Deluxe Edition exclusively.
Well, I stumbled upon this listing on the Xbox Marketplace that confirms it. It's in spanish but it says "soon" on the right corner:

https://www.microsoft.com/es-cl/p/r...pack/bvt51jdpc0nv?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Edit: Holy shit this is a big one!
I also found this listing that confirms the OST swap will also include the sound effects from the original game:

https://www.microsoft.com/es-cl/p/b...mbio/bxck7dvcrggj?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad it won't be unavailable after launch for people who don't preorder. I'm really happy we've moved on from the days of shit like Dissidia 012 in that regard.

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
Original OST and sound effects should be an included option in these sorts of things, not paid or exclusive DLC.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Been up for a while, PS4 Deluxe also mentions the 'Extra DLC Pack' In its description and Capcoms community's manager on Twitter hinted 'what pre-release DLC isn't available day one?'

Interestingly, Chris and Jill's Samurai Edge's aren't listed in the Extra DLC Pack and their individual listings say "Not sold separately" unlike the Extra pack that's says "Coming Soon"

Im guessing they'll charge £12 / $15 for the pack.

Oct 25, 2017
Good. I'm buying a psychical copy but it isn't deluxe so I'd be locked out of this cool stuff. Just don't go to mad with the price.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a sneaking suspicion there is gonna be a lot of 'wow the only way to play this is with the original OST dlc'

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
I expect the new music to be way too slow/muted/low key as is the stupid trend these days.

Looking to be pleasantly surprised, and I'm sure it'll be nice and atmospheric but God do I miss quality tracks that loop.

Very down for hearing the original music with these visuals, and the original sound is a big surprise, though not sure if it'll seem out of place. I mean, same goes for the music too, really.

Plum

May 31, 2018
But when is 'soon'? Months after released when anyone who'd buy RE costume DLC has likely finished every part of the game? I'm expecting that here.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I'm posting this since I read a lot of people asking whether or not this pack would be sold separately or if it would be part of the Deluxe Edition exclusively.
Well, I stumbled upon this listing on the Xbox Marketplace that confirms it. It's in spanish but it says "soon" on the right corner:

https://www.microsoft.com/es-cl/p/r...pack/bvt51jdpc0nv?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I also found this listing that confirms the OST swap will also include the sound effects from the original game:

https://www.microsoft.com/es-cl/p/b...mbio/bxck7dvcrggj?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Sound effects...fuck yes!!!!!

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, the original SFX being included with the original OST was confirmed and showed off on a CapcomTV livestream a couple weeks ago.

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the original SFX being included with the original OST was confirmed and showed off on a CapcomTV livestream a couple weeks ago.

I hope you can customize them.
Like the only sfx I want back is the shot gun. The current one is kinda tame.

Also, can I pay to have quick turn and run button to simply be one button?

Just button X.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Didn't go with the Deluxe edition, cause I really only have some interests in the sound swap, and maybe the Elza Walker skin, but if I can get them individually, that would be nice.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Was quite positive they would be, just wasn't certain of how soon after launch they would be. Surprised by the old sound effects coming with the original OST, though.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wish they had at least rerecorded the original compositions with better hardware or real instruments. As it is, it's kind of lazy. They just took the original sound files and put them in there. It doesn't fit with the look and feel of the remake.

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Original sound effects... Does this mean the menu bloops are back!? Yes, please!

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not true, that's a custom filter you can independently enable. This was all put into context in the CapcomTV stream where this all happened. It was in Japanese, but we had someone translating in a thread here.
Ah okay. I thought it only allowed the filter when the skins were equipped.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'm glad it won't be unavailable after launch for people who don't preorder. I'm really happy we've moved on from the days of shit like Dissidia 012 in that regard.
I'm glad region exclusive DLC is something that didn't catch on much at all.

Squall's Kingdom Hearts costume never being made available outside of Japan and Europe was some Grade A bullshit.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, the sfx switch will be amazing. I wonder how it'll work with the doors. I guess it'll be somewhat delayed for the door closing sound.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Good to know. I'm already getting the deluxe edition because it's cheaper and I want it day one but I'm not doing the same for DMC5 so I hope it's the same situation.

In that video above, you can hear right at the very end when he opens and then cancels out of the storage box, it has the original sound effects. Awesome!
QONVIyz.gif

Ghost250

Mar 19, 2018

good i dont have to buy the deluxe.

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
Would be stupid otherwise, locking this content behind a way over priced edition you can only get in the UK for big money (and though Game, where I would rather lick my own arsehole).

The only one up version of the game is one that is more money for a tin and a single costume... Which I'm getting. Really daft way to do these editions when UK gets the shaft again...