asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
we're calling on AOC for *squints eyes* president now??

Y'all thought the hill everybody was dying on against HRC was something, wait til they see an AOC ticket.

Posts like these slap me in the face to remind me that this is a video game forum and nothing more.
Just because you see someone calling for AOC doesn't mean everyone is pushing for AOC. Me personally I don't see anyone running for president on the Dems side that has the charisma or balls to really challenge Donald Trump. He's done so so much dumb shit and it just gets swept under the rug. No one has pushed the fact that during the time Trump was running for President he was working on a lucrative deal with the very same people attacking a US election while at the same time publicly lying to the american people that he had no business dealings in Russia.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that this Barr statement doesn't have anything in it means this is a political hack job

Wait for the full report

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't it say the report doesn't exonerate him?
Anyway, I too believe Trump is mostly gonna get re-elected but NOT because of this whatever it turns out to be, but because Bernie is definitely not winning the nomination and the "bros" with the help of bots/GOP?/russian trolls? are already attacking and vilifying everyone not named bernie.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
Trump's pants-wetting tweets every other day or so over the past year or more about this WITCH HUNT by x-y number of Angry Dems led by untrustworthy, biased Mueller sure does raise into question how he could come out of it with "complete and total exoneration".

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
If what people say is true and his base never cared about this, hasn't moved the needle an inch, then yah I guess outrage from Dems could fuel 2020.

But they CANNOT get their shit together. Arent there already like 40 Dem hopefuls, fighting each other for the top spot?

We need one person in front and unfortunately it may have to be whoever has the most appeal, not the most qualified. Offtopic, sorry.

Barr is probably getting scheduled for questioning as we speak, and I really hope he doesnt get to bury the full report.

Oh and tons of Rep congressmen going "this is a disgrace, stop asking questions!"

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I saw the 'no collusion' coming at least from Trump's side of things, but it's hard to believe that Mueller did not think that either Don Jr. taking that meeting in Trump Tower specifically for getting dirt on Hillary Clinton + Manafort sharing private campaign data with Kilminik qualified as event attempts to collude. Hopefully the full report sheds more light on his thinking there.

But what I really can't get over is that Mueller did not think Trump admitting he fired Comey because of the Russia investigation or Trump personally dictating a false statement to lie about the purpose of the Trump Tower meeting or Trump repeatedly attacking and threatening multiple FBI officials over the investigation, none of that stuff could be determined to qualify as obstruction of justice. Fucking hell man, how much more blatant does it need to be? I'm not surprised that Barr, if given the choice of whether it was a crime or not, concluded it wasn't one. Wouldn't be the first time he used his position as AG to help cover up for a president. But even Mueller didn't think it was definitively obstruction? Just unreal.

Nixon was fucking right: if the president does it, it's not illegal.

Trump wins 2020 confirmed. Before you shit on this, remember:
He wasn't beating Hillary
He would be impeached
Mueller would have him indicted

I'm seeing a pattern here. Trump wins 2020.
If Trump wins in 2020 it's because incumbent presidents tend to win re-election, particularly when the economy is good. Not because of three unrelated things you shitted out here into a pattern.

daft_cat

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She said the summary was super damaging to Trump a few hours ago.

She has zero credibility.

Incorrect. Her source said the report was very damaging, but that Barr's summary would not be representative. Then, after it dropped and that was exactly the case, her source reaffirmed that the full report is much worse.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Republicans also said the Nunes memo proved that FISA warrants on Carter Page were granted off the back of the Steele dossier, and when we got the Nunes memo, it literally said the opposite, so I'm gonna wait for the Mueller report proper.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Ha, this shit again. Maybe the pessimists are right in that we have no chance, given how often we stab each other in the back.

They aren't right.

Hilary was a vulnerable, unloved candidate who had multiple never ending "scandals", was in the middle of an FBI investigation with a last minute blow from James Comey, interference from foreign governments, decades of smears, and made serious campaign mistakes but still won the popular vote. Trump is less popular today than he was in 2016, losing a lot of ground in rural middle-American especially, with states like Wisconsin polling like they will flip. Florida actually has a million+ new potential voters, mostly minority and left leaning, re-enfranchised.

Any candidate the Dems will put up of the major players here should walk Donald Trump, but if it would definitely help if the Bernie bros in particular don't get as shitty about another candidate as they did about HRC.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Hearing this bastard crowing never fails to turn my stomach. This fuck eats like shit and he's old as hell, the only thing that can help the world from his bigotry at this point.

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
No, it's not.

The majority of voters will not give a shit about this a year and a half from now. They barely cared now.

This basically gives him a shield against every attack that will be levied at him in the next election. He's spent the last several months going on and on about the witch hunt against him and this completely backs that up. The dems went in so hard on this and it blew up in their faces.

Any time someone attacks him for something he's done or said he can simply say "Fake news! It's all a smear campaign against me! You all remember the Mueller investigation!" and people will eat it up. There is no way this is not a massive win for Trump and his republican buddies.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Brought this up earlier in the thread but I'm still curious how Cohen's testimony on Don Jr.'s and Trump himself's knowledge of Roger Stone's actions with Wikileaks play into all of this seeing as how Stone hasn't had a hearing yet. Is Cohen embellishing the truth? Is his testimony weak? Did Stone and Wikileaks have no interactions with Russian agents?

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wrap my head around how he couldn't find proof of collusion with Russia with everything we know about Manafort and Don Jr.
idk, it seems pretty fathomable to me. we don't know if the full report is "nothing happened" or "there were concerning actions but we cannot establish beyond a reasonable doubt that they were part of a knowing criminal conspiracy" or something in between. we still don't know wtf the polling data manafort handed over even was or why he did it, but if they don't know what became of the polling data and manafort says he was just trying to impress his paymasters/convince them Trump was gonna win so they should give him money for being a conduit to the president, well, that's not gonna be enough proof.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't it say the report doesn't exonerate him?
Anyway, I too believe Trump is mostly gonna get re-elected but NOT because of this whatever it turns out to be, but because Bernie is definitely not winning the nomination and the "bros" with the help of bots/GOP?/russian trolls? are already attacking and vilifying everyone not named bernie.
Right, despite the fact Bernie "bros" came out in force and voted for Hillary in much larger numbers than Hillary voters voted for Obama. Keep blaming them...

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
what.. how did this happen? how did it take 2 years and the end result is... nothing? weren't some of the best prosecutors working on this? the American system is ridiculously ineffectual. if there was nothing to be found, it should have taken weeks and not years.

and who did Flynn flip on? or Rick Gates?

i don't get it lol. i was 100% certain the Mueller team would completely nail Trump on several crimes..

Most likely Trump was aware of the activity of Flynn/Gates/Stone/etc but didn't provide explicit instructions, making it very hard to nail him down on anything conclusive, especially if WikiLeaks was used as an intermediary and they weren't working directly with Russia. From Cohen's testimony it sounds like Trump operates like a mob boss who never gives explicit instructions of a crime but knows his cronies know what he means. From all the smoke I'm still assuming there is something there, but there's just no proof conclusive enough to take down a sitting president.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
7dlp1gy6x2o21.jpg

whelp the right is going crazy

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Emptywheel put some of her thoughts on Barr conclusion into longer writing, snippet:

Barr and Rod Rosenstein have spent 72 whole hours considering that evidence to come up with this judgment

Here's the thing, though: at least given what they lay out here, they only considered whether Trump was covering up his involvement in the hack-and-leak operation. It doesn't consider whether Trump was covering up a quid pro quo, which is what there is abundant evidence of.

They didn't consider whether Trump obstructed the crime that he appears to have obstructed. They considered whether he obstructed a different crime. And having considered whether Trump obstructed the crime he didn't commit, rather than considering whether he obstructed the crime he did commit, they decided not to charge him with a crime.
https://www.emptywheel.net/2019/03/...n-back-flips-to-avoid-arresting-donald-trump/

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
You're right. I mean, Trump was unelectable in 2016, and we all saw how

Post those tweets please? I've only seen where she says Mueller's report it super damaging, and then predicts that Barr's report will be spin, but still bad. And it literally was, because it literally says it does not exonerate the president. Nobody gives a fuck about that part but it's still there. Unless you can provide the tweet where she says Barr's report will also be super damaging, she's looking like she got it right, but if she did say that then yeah, not good.

Oct 27, 2017

This is what she said about the summary. Not sure its her who has zero credibility.

This is hugely important. Expect Barr's imminent summary of "principal conclusions" to be a very BARR document. Highly abridged, expurgated, possibly even spun version of the Mueller report.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
So what, Christopher Steele, an esteemed MI6 agent with literally no motive to do so, just fabricated his entire incredibly detailed report on the Trump campaign's collision with Russia which has already had many aspects of it corroborated? Yeah, sorry, I don't buy that

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that we know so little still, and I haven't heard anything from.McConnel and Graham and Nunez, leads to me believe that it's going to be bad once we see it.

Dems will subpoena it and works with the intelligence agencies to release it publicly, or will just leak it if Republicans don't want to play along

L.E.D.

Oct 27, 2017
So can I get the full report instead of a stooge just making shit up in a press release?

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
So if this is the case, there's no reason the whole report shouldn't be out in the open, no?

If they don't release it in full, this is shady as fuck.
This is rather astute, but even then it won't lead to Trump being indicted, meaning to the liberals who were really into following this shit it would be all for naught anyway. It might be best to leave this as a background note and start shoring up support and excitement for 2020.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
They aren't right.

Hilary was a vulnerable, unloved candidate who had multiple never ending "scandals", was in the middle of an FBI investigation with a last minute blow from James Comey, interference from foreign governments, decades of smears, and made serious campaign mistakes but still won the popular vote. Trump is less popular today than he was in 2016, losing a lot of ground in rural middle-American especially, with states like Wisconsin and Ohio polling like they will flip. Florida actually has a million+ new potential voters, mostly minority and left leaning, re-enfranchised.

Any candidate the Dems will put up of the major players here should walk Donald Trump, but if it would definitely help if the Bernie bros in particular don't get as shitty about another candidate as they did about HRC.
People not taking Donald Trump series as a threat in 2020 are going to be in for a rude awakening. Hilary Clinton might have been weak but we see how the system works to protect the republicans. Donald Trump literally had a video of him saying he could sexually assault women because he had money and it didn't even matter. Trump still doesn't even say that Russia tried to interfere with the 2016 elections. Also Democrats going so hard on the abortion issue is going to hurt them in the future. While some of those people claim to hate Trumps rhetoric (I don't believe this for a second) they still see it as a binary choice. Chose the GOP candidate get a supreme court seat, possible ban abortion, etc. Or chose the Democratic candidate.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Why are people listening to a guy in Trump's camp? At least wait until (if) the whole report is made public lol

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Most likely Trump was aware of the activity of Flynn/Gates/Stone/etc but didn't provide explicit instructions, making it very hard to nail him down on anything conclusive, especially if WikiLeaks was used as an intermediary and they weren't working directly with Russia. From Cohen's testimony it sounds like Trump operates like a mob boss who never gives explicit instructions of a crime but knows his cronies know what he means. From all the smoke I'm still assuming there is something there, but there's just no proof conclusive enough to take down a sitting president.
The definition of conspiracy in the letter states cooperation or coordination does not have to be explicit but can be tacit. Wouldn't surprise me if Cohen's was embellishing at this point.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
The fact that we know so little still, and I haven't heard anything from.McConnel and Graham and Nunez, leads to me believe that it's going to be bad once we see it.

NBC News
Senate Majority Leader McConnell: "The Special Counsel's conclusions confirm the President's account that there was no effort by his campaign to conspire or coordinate with Russia in its efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election."
D2c-vN0X4AIhiaS.jpg

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1109924822694412288