Oct 30, 2017
is there a way to marry these two?

610zLOuJmpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

D_NQ_NP_2X_750446-MLC43299086947_082020-F.webp

Is it Possible? thanks.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
does the USB-C on the headphones carry audio or just charge? If it can carry audio, then perhaps a USB C to 6.5mm plug (or if you're unlucky, a USB-C to 3.5mm and then connect an a 3.5mm female to 6.5mm male adapter.

I use focurites as audio interfaces, but usually with wired headphones. I have a set of Bose that i have connected to non wireless stuff but that has a dedicated port .

OP
OP
Ostinatto

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
does the USB-C on the headphones carry audio or just charge? If it can carry audio, then perhaps a USB C to 6.5mm plug (or if you're unlucky, a USB-C to 3.5mm and then connect an a 3.5mm female to 6.5mm male adapter.

I use focurites as audio interfaces, but usually with wired headphones. I have a set of Bose that i have connected to non wireless stuff but that has a dedicated port .

i just grabbed the first image of wireless headphones on google images, i dont have wireless headphones but i plan to buy ones, i just wanna know if there is an adapter that can make them work or something./

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
i just grabbed the first image of wireless headphones on google images, i dont have wireless headphones but i plan to buy ones, i just wanna know if there is an adapter that can make them work or something./
then you can with some Bose ones for sure, they have a cable that comes with the headphones and you'd just need the 6.5mm adapter

OP
OP
Ostinatto

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
then you can with some Bose ones for sure, they have a cable that comes with the headphones and you'd just need the 6.5mm adapter

I dont wanna buy wired headphones (i already have a couple). I just wanna know if there a way to get wireless headphones working on these type of Audio interfaces.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
You'd have to buy a 6.5mm Bluetooth transmitter and plug it into the interface if I understand you correctly.

Most if not all decent Bluetooth headsets come with an optional cable if you want to go that way.

Sounds

Oct 27, 2017
I'll ask the question: why do you need to marry them? Are you recording things with the Focusrite and wanting to monitor with the Bluetooth? Depending on the software/OS you're using; you may be able to do that without any kind of adapters.

OP
OP
Ostinatto

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
I'll ask the question: why do you need to marry them? Are you recording things with the Focusrite and wanting to monitor with the Bluetooth? Depending on the software/OS you're using; you may be able to do that without any kind of adapters.

Not just recording, everything audible that comes from the PC , like gaming and youtube, im using windows 11

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017
You can use a cheap passive adapter to convert from 1/4" to 3.5mm headphone jacks. They are electrically compatible.

Then there are plenty of bluetooth transmitters that take 3.5mm input. If latency is important, then make sure it (and the headphones) supports a codec such as LDAC or aptX Low Latency.

Not just recording, everything audible that comes from the PC , like gaming and youtube, im using windows 11

So why go through the Focusrite to begin with? Why not just bluetooth directly to the PC?

OP
OP
Ostinatto

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
You can use a cheap passive adapter to convert from 1/4" to 3.5mm headphone jacks. They are electrically compatible.

Then there are plenty of bluetooth transmitters that take 3.5mm input. If latency is important, then make sure it (and the headphones) supports a codec such as LDAC or aptX Low Latency.

So why go through the Focusrite to begin with? Why not just bluetooth directly to the PC?

Because i wanna hear my voice from the mic conected to the audio interface (monitoring) at the same time, also im used to control the volume nob from the Focusrite aswell.

Sounds

Oct 27, 2017
Because i wanna hear my voice from the mic conected to the audio interface (monitoring) at the same time, also im used to control the volume nob from the Focusrite aswell.

You'd have noticeable lag with a Bluetooth transmitter into your interface. If you're watching videos or playing games, sync will be off. If you're recording instruments, there will be a lot of lag with that as well. I produce music, and it's near impossible to do any type of proper sync when using Bluetooth.

Regardless, here's a Bluetooth transmitter that will work with a 1/8th inch to 1/4 inch adapter into the Focusrite.

Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver Wireless Adapter: 3.5mm Aux Jack Stereo Audio Input Output - for TV Car Headphone Speakers iPhone PC

https://a.co/d/7ijrrcu

OP
OP
Ostinatto

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
You'd have noticeable lag with a Bluetooth transmitter into your interface. If you're watching videos or playing games, sync will be off. If you're recording instruments, there will be a lot of lag with that as well. I produce music, and it's near impossible to do any type of proper sync when using Bluetooth.

Regardless, here's a Bluetooth transmitter that will work with a 1/8th inch to 1/4 inch adapter into the Focusrite.

Bluetooth Transmitter Receiver Wireless Adapter: 3.5mm Aux Jack Stereo Audio Input Output - for TV Car Headphone Speakers iPhone PC

The truth is i am a headphone cable destroyer, every 4 months my detachable cable from my AKGs start failing...

The lag thing is really bad news, thanks for the link

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017

Alright, but keep in mind that people can be pretty sensitive to any amount of lag when monitoring their own voice. Headsets come with a sidetone feature for this very reason. So even if you get a transmitter with LDAC, you might still find it annoying.

You really need to pay attention to which Bluetooth codecs are supported if you care about latency & quality. Since the one at that link does not list codecs, I would avoid it.

You will probably have to pay more for a transmitter that supports a low latency codec such as LDAC or aptX Low Latency, because they are licensed codecs, and therefore they will generally be advertised if supported. The heaphpones need to also support the codec.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
But if you connect headphones to the monitor of the focus rite, you'll only hear what you're plugging into the focusrite, you won't hear the other audio that it's mixing into.

OP
OP
Ostinatto

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
Alright, but keep in mind that people can be pretty sensitive to any amount of lag when monitoring their own voice. Headsets come with a sidetone feature for this very reason. So even if you get a transmitter with LDAC, you might still find it annoying.

You really need to pay attention to which Bluetooth codecs are supported if you care about latency & quality. Since the one at that link does not list codecs, I would avoid it.

You will probably have to pay more for a transmitter that supports a low latency codec such as LDAC or aptX Low Latency, because they are licensed codecs, and therefore they will generally be advertised if supported. The heaphpones need to also support the codec.

I had no idea about these different codecs, thanks for the info.

Oct 27, 2017
The truth is i am a headphone cable destroyer, every 4 months my detachable cable from my AKGs start failing...

The lag thing is really bad news, thanks for the link

What on earth are you doing to destroy the cables that fast?
You're using the headphones at your PC, right? I can see cables getting destroyed if you're using them out and about, but in a static location seems odd.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
You can use a Bluetooth adapter, but we're talking lag here. It'll almost be unusable with virtually every application. The best way to do real-time computer audio is wired. Your best bet is something with replaceable wires. I have a recording studio. Early on, I tried everything. You can make it work, but unless you're used to the lips not matching the audio of whatever you're watching, it will be painful.

OP
OP
Ostinatto

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
What on earth are you doing to destroy the cables that fast?
You're using the headphones at your PC, right? I can see cables getting destroyed if you're using them out and about, but in a static location seems odd.

I think is cuz i have 3 monitors on my desk , i look constantly to the side monitors, and thats the movement that kills the cable.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah you absolutely can not use Bluetooth to track vocals, you will always be slightly behind the beat because the audio you hear in your monitors will be slightly delayed from where it actually is due to latency.

Oct 27, 2017
I think is cuz i have 3 monitors on my desk , i look constantly to the side monitors, and thats the movement that kills the cable.

Fair enough.

Do you need to monitor the levels of your voice while recording, or just hear your voice so that it doesn't sound weird when talking?
If you just need to hear it, then maybe look for some open back headphones. That will make your voice sound normal to you while speaking, and it should help with some of the lag issue others have mentioned.

OP
OP
Ostinatto

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
Fair enough.

Do you need to monitor the levels of your voice while recording, or just hear your voice so that it doesn't sound weird when talking?
If you just need to hear it, then maybe look for some open back headphones. That will make your voice sound normal to you while speaking, and it should help with some of the lag issue others have mentioned.

shiiit i think i have this issue

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fX7bcpef6s

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
I've been using one replaceable cable on my Sennheiser 598Cs since 2018 and haven't had any issue with stress on the cable due to looking around at my 3 monitors.

That being said I do something similar to this, I have a microphone on my desk which then goes through the amp, and when I want it I can turn on monitoring with the click of a button. I went with closed back headphones since I was in a small space and didn't want to disturb my wife, and before getting the interface to monitor my mic I would naturally talk louder to hear myself which defeats the purpose of getting the closed back headphones lol.

Your mic should be connected to your headphones via wires, in some way, in order to avoid latency. Once you add latency, the monitoring just becomes worse than useless. There might be some live-musician-grade wireless stuff that has solved the latency problem but it's going to cost an arm and a leg.

If you really need to go cable-less to your PC, your best bet is to get bluetooth headphones that have mic monitoring and skip the audio interface altogether. Someone mentioned the Sony XM5 headphones, which afaik has a mode where instead of cancelling noise, it passes through the noise via the microphones on the headset itself.

OP
OP
Ostinatto

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
I've been using one replaceable cable on my Sennheiser 598Cs since 2018 and haven't had any issue with stress on the cable due to looking around at my 3 monitors.

That being said I do something similar to this, I have a microphone on my desk which then goes through the amp, and when I want it I can turn on monitoring with the click of a button. I went with closed back headphones since I was in a small space and didn't want to disturb my wife, and before getting the interface to monitor my mic I would naturally talk louder to hear myself which defeats the purpose of getting the closed back headphones lol.

Your mic should be connected to your headphones via wires, in some way, in order to avoid latency. Once you add latency, the monitoring just becomes worse than useless. There might be some live-musician-grade wireless stuff that has solved the latency problem but it's going to cost an arm and a leg.

If you really need to go cable-less to your PC, your best bet is to get bluetooth headphones that have mic monitoring and skip the audio interface altogether. Someone mentioned the Sony XM5 headphones, which afaik has a mode where instead of cancelling noise, it passes through the noise via the microphones on the headset itself.

Thnaks for the info.

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017

The downside of this is that even the best bluetooth headset mics are still pretty crappy.

Like it's fine if you are chatting with your friends while gaming, but if the op is using that mixer to record vocals, they will want a better quality mic.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
The downside of this is that even the best bluetooth headset mics are still pretty crappy.

Like it's fine if you are chatting with your friends while gaming, but if the op is using that mixer to record vocals, they will want a better quality mic.
OP can set the PC input to record from a dedicated microphone going through the interface, and output to the bluetooth headphones while using the pass through to hear himself.

Mega jank though, and what you hear of yourself in real-time is just the bad audio version of course. I deal with the cable but if it the cable truly isn't an option then this works.