Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So you haven't played a lot.

Ignorance is your defence then?

Yeah I guess I'm a rookie. Grats. Forgive me for my insolence, venerated lord of scum hunting.

And my defense is as follows: I did not soft claim anything. The perspective outlined in the post you're taking issue with is a perspective I've maintained for the majority of my mafia career. It is a perspective I held in my previous game (Berserk mafia), and the shared players between the two games can vouch for this. It is a perspective I hold now, and it is likely a perspective I will hold in the future (D1 roleclaims are bad, yeah I'm not going to be convinced otherwise that easily).

Dec 28, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah I guess I'm a rookie. Grats. Forgive me for my insolence, venerated lord of scum hunting.

And my defense is as follows: I did not soft claim anything. The perspective outlined in the post you're taking issue with is a perspective I've maintained for the majority of my mafia career. It is a perspective I held in my previous game (Berserk mafia), and the shared players between the two games can vouch for this. It is a perspective I hold now, and it is likely a perspective I will hold in the future (D1 roleclaims are bad, yeah I'm not going to be convinced otherwise that easily).
So you think town lynching with information on Day 1 is less desirable than lynching blindly?

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Scum is the mafia team. The people you want to Lynch.

Vanilla is town without powers.

You just claimed Town Power btw with your post. Thanks for the claim. Your role pm would have said what Vanilla was if you got it. And you would have asked your scum team that question if scum.

Town
Puns
Comrade

Scum
Apollo
Congratulations. You've figured it out! Wow, you're so good at this game, dude.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are you above the will of town? You do realize getting shot day 1 still reveals your role and removes your voice from the game? As town, I would think you would be quite against this over your own arrogance and self-importance.

Okay, let me give you an example of where I'm coming from. In Berserk mafia, Terraforce opened with a gambit where he fakeclaimed Day 0 cop and claimed to have a scumread on a player. That player was town. They did not claim their power- only that the check was wrong. He played that situation as I would have- and I am now in a somewhat similar situation, playing it as I am.

Dec 28, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Okay, let me give you an example of where I'm coming from. In Berserk mafia, Terraforce opened with a gambit where he fakeclaimed Day 0 cop and claimed to have a scumread on a player. That player was town. They did not claim their power- only that the check was wrong. He played that situation as I would have- and I am now in a somewhat similar situation, playing it as I am.
Is there any examples of a Night 0 or Daycop in your previous games? Most day 1 cop scans are considered joke claims and are not considered as serious claims.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any examples of a Night 0 or Daycop in your previous games? Most day 1 cop scans are considered joke claims and are not considered as serious claims.

Not in any game that I've ever played, but Berserk was a total role madness game and we knew that going in.

Dec 28, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Not in any game that I've ever played, but Berserk was a total role madness game and we knew that going in.
Fair enough.

You do realize I am claiming no information on you when I say I am willing to kill your player slot to get the information I seek if you are unwilling to provide it correct? I would truly hate to shoot into town just because they think dying without claiming and some unfounded sense of pride is better than claiming and letting me assess if they are truly town or not.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough.

You do realize I am claiming no information on you when I say I am willing to kill your player slot to get the information I seek if you are unwilling to provide it correct? I would truly hate to shoot into town just because they think dying without claiming and some unfounded sense of pride is better than claiming and letting me assess if they are truly town or not.

I mean, I can't even say for sure that you're town or not. You're being awfully bold for scum but it's still a possibility- you as scum could "spare" me as soon as I give you the information you want. There is absolutely a chance of that, and so I do not feel pressured enough to roleclaim. If it looks like I'll be mislynched then yeah, I'll claim. But right now that's not what's happening.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like Corrik, but damn you're going to burn out fast at this pace. This group is extremely anti-meta at times, just FYI.

Which is why I think you're misguided on your target, but I at least town read you, cause I agree scum generally can't afford the risk you're taking.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Imma lynch TearablePuns, I swear.

So Corrik's role is gonna be the discussion leader who either leads us to glory or leads us to destruction, huh. And, either way, scum are gonna let him live until the endgame either because they know he's on the wrong path consistently but is strongly convincing enough to make everyone else follow him, or because they want us to doubt his actual alignment as he remains alive phase after phase. Or he's actually scum. I see.

Not too into the full-on, seemingly random aggressive approach right out of the gate. So I'm kinda side-eyeing ya. But I actually slightly agree with what Corrik was saying regarding Apollo. That earlier comment could be perceived as a power role soft claim to get peeps off of your tail. But there is nothing corroborating that read as of yet.

Vote: TheGamingNewsGuy

I think this makes 3 votes on you? My main thing is that I still want a clear answer concerning where you apparently voted for Apollo originally. This wasn't part of your edit shenanigans, either; I saw your original post before you added the vote to Comrade Sparkster.

NZJubJub

Oct 28, 2017
Are you above the will of town? You do realize getting shot day 1 still reveals your role and removes your voice from the game? As town, I would think you would be quite against this over your own arrogance and self-importance.
Forgive me if I missed one, but I haven't actually seen anyone outright agree that lynching Apollo is even a good idea. I fail to see how you could, in good faith, claim to know the will of town right now.

Similarly, I don't see how you feel justified in calling Apollo arrogant, given the tone and content of your recent posts attacking him.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and I firmly believe in having a vote at all times, so

Vote: zippedpinhead

I can't read him even at the best of times.

Dec 28, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Imma lynch TearablePuns, I swear.

So Corrik's role is gonna be the discussion leader who either leads us to glory or leads us to destruction, huh. And, either way, scum are gonna let him live until the endgame either because they know he's on the wrong path consistently but is strongly convincing enough to make everyone else follow him, or because they want us to doubt his actual alignment as he remains alive phase after phase. Or he's actually scum. I see.

Not too into the full-on, seemingly random aggressive approach right out of the gate. So I'm kinda side-eyeing ya. But I actually slightly agree with what Corrik was saying regarding Apollo. That earlier comment could be perceived as a power role soft claim to get peeps off of your tail. But there is nothing corroborating that read as of yet.

Vote: TheGamingNewsGuy

I think this makes 3 votes on you? My main thing is that I still want a clear answer concerning where you apparently voted for Apollo originally. This wasn't part of your edit shenanigans, either; I saw your original post before you added the vote to Comrade Sparkster.
He offered to claim if a threat to be lynched. Why not use your vote where it can acquire information?

Dec 28, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Forgive me if I missed one, but I haven't actually seen anyone outright agree that lynching Apollo is even a good idea. I fail to see how you could, in good faith, claim to know the will of town right now.

Similarly, I don't see how you feel justified in calling Apollo arrogant, given the tone and content of your recent posts attacking him.
The will of town is not to lose Town members correct if possible? I am threatening to shoot someone who if Town is going to die because they put their self before the will of Town to not lose Town members if possible.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
He offered to claim if a threat to be lynched. Why not use your vote where it can acquire information?
Talkin' about Apollo? Well, your plan to get him to claim doesn't quite interest me right now. Really just want to hear GamingNewsGuy answer, and then we'll see what's up moving forward. This Day phase still has plenty of time.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You're so intent on knowing people's roles, man. There is value in keeping these things hush hush.

Deleted member 2083

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Apollo

See you all day 2. He doesn't have a fakeclaim ready. That was easy.

I have nothing more to to show. It is clear. All that fan be done now is to middle the clear answer with extraneous and frivolous discussion. He is dead to rights scum.

Tons. I am not going through mafia logs (if they exist) to show how often it is true. That would require days if not weeks of pouring over previous games. Just to prove something that if you think about it is extremely logical and common sense.

Unless you think Apollo is such a good scum player that he would be smart enough to not fall into a typical scum response, he is most assuredly scum.

I know nothing about him but most mafia players are not extremely good at mafia, so I will assume he does not fall into the small sunset and is indeed scumm

Are you okay?

I can't quote everything you've posted in the last few hours, but your logic is absurd.

There are over fifty-eight hours left in Day 1 and you're peacing out now? With a blusterous claim that Apollo is scum and then a follow-up insult to the mafia community here?

NZJubJub

Oct 28, 2017
The will of town is not to lose Town members correct if possible? I am threatening to shoot someone who if Town is going to die because they put their self before the will of Town to not lose Town members if possible.
I think we are just coming at this from completely different angles.
To me it seems quite reasonable that Apollo would a) not want to die and b) not want to hard claim so early in the game.
Whereas I get the feeling that you think the information we would gain from killing him and confirming his role is more valuable than anything else we could achieve on day 1.

Sorry if I have this wrong. With this being my first game and things getting heated so quickly, I must admit I feel quite out of my depth.

Dec 28, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I think we are just coming at this from completely different angles.
To me it seems quite reasonable that Apollo would a) not want to die and b) not want to hard claim so early in the game.
Whereas I get the feeling that you think the information we would gain from killing him and confirming his role is more valuable than anything else we could achieve on day 1.

Sorry if I have this wrong. With this being my first game and things getting heated so quickly, I must admit I feel quite out of my depth.
This is your first game of mafia ever?

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The reason why i orginally voted for Apollo because i thought it was a little bit suspicious - in his complete phrase for Microsoft that i thought he might be one of the Mafia Members for Microsoft. Then i noticed Comrade Sparkster was acting strangely so i decided to take a look at what both are saying and decided to note for CS instead due to his statement being more suspicious. That was my reasoning. I freely admit both are hasty decisions but Sparkster was acting kinda werid

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The reason why i orginally voted for Apollo because i thought it was a little bit suspicious - in his complete phrase for Microsoft that i thought he might be one of the Mafia Members for Microsoft. Then i noticed Comrade Sparkster was acting strangely so i decided to take a look at what both are saying and decided to note for CS instead due to his statement being more suspicious. That was my reasoning
You're ignoring the question I've asked too many times already: where did you originally vote for Apollo before the unvote occurred?

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
It was literally a minute before i posted as that Unvote one. I originally posted Vote Apollo then i realized how i was being too hasty so i edited the post to remove it - having not read about the fact you had to Unvote him first so i Unvoted him first and then had a look at the other players and decided to Vote for CS.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hm, so that one post was just a complete trainwreck, huh. I thought I saw that post right as it went up and the first thing I saw was "Unvote: Apollo," but I might have been seconds late or something. Alright.

Oct 26, 2017
Uhh... shooting people no one wants out of the game is against the will of the town. Whether it's to the benefit or detriment of the town is another story.

Claiming vanilla has been commonly viewed as anti-town behavior trying to remove yourself from NK pool and increasing odds of scum hitting PRs in the community. The established response to "tell me your role or else" is typically going to be "fuck yourself" and Apollo's response is following that in the politest sense. Maybe it's meta that should be changed, but it's definitely established so i don't see any issue with Apollo's behavior.

So, while gauging reactions to role demands is something valuable, I'm wondering how exposing his role benefits us, how confident you are that you randomly chose a scum, and how confident you are he's scum for following an established meta. Again, thoughts on the meta and whether it should be replaced are great and everything, but going to be secondary to the fact it is preexisting

SaucyKaz

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
My god. I knew I woke up in the middle of the night for something good.
a0c1f3d0d2723e23a683c32fb03c786356611c7d

Dec 28, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Uhh... shooting people no one wants out of the game is against the will of the town. Whether it's to the benefit or detriment of the town is another story.

Claiming vanilla has been commonly viewed as anti-town behavior trying to remove yourself from NK pool and increasing odds of scum hitting PRs in the community. The established response to "tell me your role or else" is typically going to be "fuck yourself" and Apollo's response is following that in the politest sense. Maybe it's meta that should be changed, but it's definitely established so i don't see any issue with Apollo's behavior.

So, while gauging reactions to role demands is something valuable, I'm wondering how exposing his role benefits us, how confident you are that you randomly chose a scum, and how confident you are he's scum for following an established meta. Again, thoughts on the meta and whether it should be replaced are great and everything, but going to be secondary to the fact it is preexisting
Arrow Mafia on CE board of GameFaqs I was dayvig and shot the SK within the 1st hour of the game and the 1st 20 posts. It is not what you claim or that you refuse. It is how you go about it. Certain responses are from a not town mindset and can give you enough information to take a shot or not reasonably.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure if I was a Dayvig, I'd just shoot the first person to annoy me on D1. Same if I had an override.

Anyway, leaving my vote on zipped for now.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if my vote took or not, but just in case

UNVOTE

I'm not getting good reads on anyone today, but I like Saucy's very game specific hunting strats, so the vote can leave (if it ever even took).

Right now GodFather, What game did we play together? I can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.