• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
giphy.gif

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
To be brutally honest, I can't even give this game the benefit of the doubt. That trailer looked awful to me. From the graphics to the animations, I'm not liking what I;m seeing at all.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Oh my god what is happening.

Is it soccer? What? What is this trailer lmao.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
These fuckers have the Fox Engine.

And then you make a Contra game clearly without one.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ugh...

Anyway, yeah, they did said this game was eing made to become an e-sport.

hahahahahahahahahaha... I'm serious.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
I think this game looks good.

Yes let's port Fox Engine to Switch!

How about not make this game at all.

I'm just saying you own, this proprietary engine and decide to not make that the engine of your marquee action shooter franchise. It screams budget and I disagree, this game does not look good at all.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
This looks more like a lesser appealing Anarchy Reigns to me with this multiplayer.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know a lot of people might not like the direction of this game, but I think a lot of us tend to not be where the core Contra audience is: China has a large fanbase of the series, and Contra Return was such a successful game for Konami that the producer of this game, the dude who made Alien Wars and Hard Corps, actually wore a jacket plugging it at E3, despite Konami never plugging the localization of the game in the SEA region. The Tencent support in China has probably given Konami a totally new audience, and this looks to be trying to appeal to them.

I am absolutely not shocked with the changes here with weapons on cooldown and PvP, simply because I ask myself "is there something like this in the mobile game" and it seems for everything people are very upset about, it's there. Everything people are saying "isn't" Contra is absolutely something in Contra Return.

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, really? I... don't know what to make of that... Should we perhaps be a little more positive about this or even more scared with that in mind?

Love the avatar BTW.

According to the interview he did for the Contra Anniversary Collection, he's been in a managerial role at Konami since 2007 and came back to game development to make this game, so it's not like he's been busting out hits since Neo Contra or anything.

YZJrGv7.png

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
To be brutally honest, I can't even give this game the benefit of the doubt. That trailer looked awful to me. From the graphics to the animations, I'm not liking what I;m seeing at all.

Yeah. There just something off about the art I can't put my finger on. I can go back and look at Neo Contra, it just looks better even with its old low resolution textures. It might be the game is too visually noisy or something and the fact that none of the footage of rogue corps I've seen has it running at 60 fps doesn't help either.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
to play devil's advocate ... it's just a mode and doesn't look terribly unfun. not something i plan on playing but on off chance the base game is decent, eh why not

monstar

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, they played the contra jingle at the end. This looks like a tacked on MP mode that will have players for a week at most

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
My brain says to hate this, but my heart wants it to be good. What's the harm in waiting until it's done to see how it ends up? If it's bad, oh well, but if it's good, hey, we have another quality Contra game.

I'm still scared though! LOL

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Last game that tried to have a minigame like this as their PVP multi didn't...quite work out.

Oct 27, 2017
Konami clearly doesn't care about this title, but at least it looks the devs had some fun making it. I'm getting postmortem Atari vibes. Like a corpse just made a noise that sounded like words but upon further inspection you can see it was just a bowl movement. This game is that bowl movement.

OP
OP
Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
My brain says to hate this, but my heart wants it to be good. What's the harm in waiting until it's done to see how it ends up? If it's bad, oh well, but if it's good, hey, we have another quality Contra game.

I'm still scared though! LOL

This is the Metroid Prime Federation Force of Contras. They're taking the Contra name and slapping it on this thing that looks nothing like a Contra game while we've been waiting for a real Contra game for years. But unlike with Metroid, the chances of Konami making a real Contra any time soon after this flops (and it will) are slim.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
WTF did I just watch? If you're going to show a gameplay trailer then forget the quick edits, zooms and other garbage. Show the damned gameplay/mechanics. FFS.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
The camera view, grungy art style and over the top violence reminds me of Dead Ball Zone. Not expecting it to be as good but you never know.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
This mode looks nothing special, but the regular game looks fine if you can get past the budget and the fact that it's a twin stick style shooter.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
This game reminds me of Devil's Third for some reason, maybe it's because it looks low budget af, rough and all over the place