• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like Contra: Rogue Corps is $40 USD.

There's also a season pass which includes:
- 4 T-shirts for Hungry Beast
- Beetle Skin for Gentleman
- Retro Bill Skin for Kaiser
- Sister. H Skin for Ms. Harakiri
- bonus t-shirts

File size: 3.8GB

Supported Languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Korean, Chinese.

Number of Players: 1-4

Number of Players (Online): 1-8

Number of Players (Local Wireless): 1-8

Release date: September 26th

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
f o r t y
d o l l a r s
contra-rc-11-ps4-1024x576.png

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still holding out in hope that this will actually be good, I used to fucking love Contra

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Bomberman gave them the wrong idea that any garbage will sell well

Except Bomberman was good and only got better

This... this I cannot say for now

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I still think this is the same game they announced ages ago at E3 and we never heard about again. Makes sense why it looked so hideous.
I hear it's actually fun though but that $40 price tag is outrageous. $30 would be pushing it, this should be closer to $20

Respawn

Dec 5, 2017
Nah the spiritual successor of Contra launched already and it's name is blazing chrome.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
You know what? I've kind of come around on this game. It's still butt ugly and $40 seems like too much, but it looks fun. Will wait for reviews.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
A Contra with damage numbers and season pass. Does it have crafting and skill trees as well?

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Dang thought I'd just be paying $40 :S
Ah well let me pre order on steam already, konami pls.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
The weirdest thing is that this is the guy behind this game. Look at that resume. You'd think this game was made by people who had no clue what Contra was.

YZJrGv7.png

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I don't care what people say, this game looks freaking fun and I'm proudly preordering it. I always enjoy a fun co-op game and I plan to play through this with a friend of mine on launch day. People who've played it say it's a lot of fun which makes me think the game's look is due to a stupidly low budget Konami gave the devs but they're clearly still trying to make the best game they can do. As long as it's not like the PS1 games things should be fine unless it's a technical disaster.

The fact that the leads from old Contra titles are in charge of this makes me pretty excited and the season pass stuff is at least easy to ignore if you don't want it. I think it's pretty sad that the visuals are the only thing making some people skip this, TBH, but I also know it's why people skip Neo Contra, Rebirth and Contra 4 as well so it's not unusual to hear for this series.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
I'm willing to give this one a chance (when it's not 40 dollars).

But I'm laughing my ass off at 'season pass'. Have they no shame?

Deleted member 2620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Skimming through videos on YouTube and seeing loading screen tips about Weapon EXP and seeing 20+ minute stage timers got me REALLY CERTAIN that this isn't going to be what I want it to be.

The weirdest thing is that this is the guy behind this game. Look at that resume. You'd think this game was made by people who had no clue what Contra was.

YZJrGv7.png
Apparently he's been a producer with his name on some of Konami's more modern and weaker releases, like the XBLA Rocket Knight game and those Tencent Contra games. It's still pretty unclear to me how involved he is with this one.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Hard Corps: Uprising, Contra 4, and Contra REbirth are the last three games that need paying attention to, unless by some miracle this turns out to be good.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Skimming through videos on YouTube and seeing loading screen tips about Weapon EXP and seeing 20+ minute stage timers got me REALLY CERTAIN that this isn't going to be what I want it to be.
It's going to be odd to play a Contra game that isn't built for 1CC!

EmptyWarren

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is one of the few times where the hyperbolic 'IT LOOKS LIKE A FUCKIN PS2 GAME' is actually pertinent. But a lower tier visual design shouldn't turn you off of something. Let the game stand on its own legs, when it comes out, if it sucks then kick it while it is down.