• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Time for my trump card...
tenor.gif

malus

Oct 30, 2017
We could wait with completing the tic tac toe until someone claims the game. So far nobody has claimed to have activated it and nobody has claimed to have created it.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Let me toss some meat for you all to play with while I catch up. Gotta move things along eventually, no point hiding things unnecessarily long. Zeke has my role and he is lying about two things:

1) He has no second shot, the role I crafted was one-shot.
2) I crafted a public parity vigilante. If you shoot at someone who shares an alignment with you, you die. If you shoot at someone who does not share an alignment with you, your target dies.

So Zeke is not town. EzekelRAGE your thoughts?

Why stay silent? To keep discussion alive and give room to other topics than HAMMER? HAMMER? I see that at least Terra and Jman appeared, nice.

Why craft this role? Fun, excitement, and I don't like freebies. Vigi shots are fun, especially when they are public. The shot being public forces scum to think twice before shooting, the kill isn't free. If a townie shoots the gun at a townie, that's one townie dead but a second one cleared - it ain't all doom and gloom for town either in the worst case scenario. I like choice and consequence.

Why tell this now? Honesty is a virtue, we all gotta owe up to our creations and clear the air eventually. There is 22ish hours left to the phase, that's more than enough time for this and anything else new that arises.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Let me toss some meat for you all to play with while I catch up. Gotta move things along eventually, no point hiding things unnecessarily long. Zeke has my role and he is lying about two things:

2) I crafted a public parity vigilante. If you shoot at someone who shares an alignment with you, you die. If you shoot at someone who does not share an alignment with you, your target dies.

Why stay silent? To keep discussion alive and give room to other topics than HAMMER? HAMMER? I see that at least Terra and Jman appeared, nice.

Why craft this role? Fun, excitement, and I don't like freebies. Vigi shots are fun, especially when they are public. The shot being public forces scum to think twice before shooting, the kill isn't free. If a townie shoots the gun at a townie, that's one townie dead but a second one cleared - it ain't all doom and gloom for town either in the worst case scenario. I like choice and consequence.

Why tell this now? Honesty is a virtue, we all gotta owe up to our creations and clear the air eventually. There is 22ish hours left to the phase, that's more than enough time for this and anything else new that arises.
Nice good job amazing role.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

Cot damn, caught out Zeke. You were caught the fuck out.

Oct 25, 2017

This some good shit

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017

What a play!

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Ya'll should really stop trying to absolve yourselves of making choices. Talk it out with Ambulance if you think you'll keep getting ties, and say why you do or don't want to win.
I would like to know who initiated the game in the first place, so if it's something bad we can blame it on somebody.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

That's a good role. Big townie points to Kyan.

Also, it seems really unfun to play. Glad that didn't got it.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

====
Ok, we can clear this up now, you are lying about the role you made. It is more than one shot. It also doesnt say anything about same alignment or not. It says if they dont belong to the straw hats, they die.

Me proving he is lying about teh number of shots:

SPECIAL BUGGY BALL: Kyanrute

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
So two things to unpack. The event IS a PR and it coincidentally used the same action name as Malus (I guess Fran technically?) and Zeke just used a second shot to kill Kyan (whose words didn't preclude there being two similar abilities and more than one day vig role). Okay.

OP
OP
SalvaPot

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
====
Ok, we can clear this up now, you are lying about the role you made. It is more than one shot. It also doesnt say anything about same alignment or not. It says if they dont belong to the straw hats, they die.

Me proving he is lying about teh number of shots:

SPECIAL BUGGY BALL: Kyanrute
Command failed

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Shooting someone five hours into D1 is very anti-town. You didn't give her any chance to contribute to the overall discussion and nor did you give her the chance to defend herself if you felt she was scum. If your power works like you say it works, why not hold onto it for the day end for one? You could've shot an actual lynch candidate. The basis for that shot just did not exist.

And I guess now the idea is that you are out of shots and not a threat and a known quantity and we should leave you alone because town does dumb, scum does not? Naaaaaaah.
That is veeeeery meta alright. It's not impossible but I wouldn't use it against him.

Turm is reactive because Zipped made the first move. Turm reacted to Zipped's call-out, he does say in #245 that he thought that there was a possibility that Zipped knew that he created the role. The way he framed the reaction was proactive though, you are right about that. It could be both scum and town Turm framing it like that, but since he did it quite fast, I feel there is a fair chance that it was town Turm.

1. You did not explain it yet, you just mentioned that you did not want to shoot later. Why, it makes no sense? Why did you not wait for any information? Why would you use the role in such a useless way? You know how to play this game and you would know how pointless making the move that you did would be. There were better ways to use your role. Does the second shot factor into this somehow then?

2. I just did, to kill it before it hatches. If you are scum, that will be one of the arguments used to deter your lynch. Lets hear it from you: why should we keep you alive after such a ill-timed and a poorly reasoned shot? Do you have anything else than "I fully believed in what I did"?

This does not read like someone who knows I have the role he made.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Oh gee, a fake. How unexpected, not.

Good thrill though Zeke, for a moment there I was very sad that I was to die here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
This does not read like someone who knows I have the role he made.

I had some hints to it, can't call them perfect or anything like that but here you go:

And I guess now the idea is that you are out of shots and not a threat and a known quantity and we should leave you alone because town does dumb, scum does not? Naaaaaaah.

As in I knew that you were out of shots. Because I made the role one-shot.

Do not fear things that do not exist.

As in the second shot does not exist, there is no need to panic hammer.

Does this mean the command was valid but failed or is this a "please don't use invalid commands"?

I am not Ascetic. The point still could use some clarification though.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Ascetic wouldn't block a kill lol. As in when Zeke supposedly used his second shot on me, I had no way to avoid that shot. You get the point I hope.

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Attempting to kill your accuser just seems so scummy. Especially, when you killed Monkey for when she started to put pressure on you too.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Ok, just got some clarification from Salva.

Although my pm doesnt state it, i can only use one shot a day. So I know it is highly unlikely, but if you let me live I can prove I have another shot.

This is the big thing from the get go I str8 up said that the role was made by scum way before Kyan said anything. So him just now claiming he made the role is scummy to me. Especially with him lying about it.