• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
SalvaPot

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It's Party Time

..I'm sorry, what was that? What do you mean we can't use this one because of copyright law? No, no you listen to me. Nobody tells me what we can and can't do around here! You're my lawyer, go tell them to jump off a cliff!

…..

Oh, ah, is this thing on?

My apologies, folks! Just had some uh...problems to deal with, nothing to worry about! Let's forget about that and move on to a game!

Same rules as last time! Post the command Sign me up! in the thread to join! We will need four participants for this round of fun! Winner has a chance to win a fabulous prize!

turmoil7

Community Resettler - Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
good observation about stan's vote being crossed, but what's the deal with the day 1 vote then?

do we play sending RPS to salva by pm?

DUEL:Hawthrow

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
....Fran, I'm gonna sue. how dare you copy my minigame idea

RIP Loki :<
Trying out one of those pre-typed posts:

It's clear it was Stan's vote that was stolen/cancelled. In Salva's final vote count post from D2, Stan's name is crossed off under Fran's heading, but with no link to an unvote or vote for someone else. Also Stan didn't unvote or vote for someone else. This is not a vote tool glitch-- the vote tool itself lists Fran at 10 votes, counting Stan's.

But weirdly, that's not how it happened on Day 1. The final vote count post didn't have any votes for Zeke mysteriously crossed out. The only cross-outs were Monkey (who was dead) and Jman (who had actually voted for someone else then later re-voted).

Also, it's not clear what actually triggered D1 to end. Zeke got to 10 votes, which was majority for that day. Then Salva make these two posts:

Nothing happened between those two posts but chatter-- no votes, public commands, or anything like that.

My conclusion: Someone has a power like Jman's vote cancellation power, but which works by pm. They used it on someone voting for Zeke D1, meaning that the day didn't end when Zeke reached majority. Then they took it back by pm, causing Salva to end the day. Then on D2, they used it on Stan but didn't take it back, meaning that the day didn't end until Fran was at majority + 1. Both times this power was used when we were about to vote out mafia; therefore it is likely to be a mafia power. Albeit a fairly weak one.
This is a really good observation and I agree with your conclusion about the vote manipulation ability. It would explain that little bit of time between majority and the actual end.

Stantastic any idea why your vote didn't count?
hell yeah, let's go

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
1) I have loki's power. One-shot BP Attention Seeker. COMMAND: [TARGET] and the command matches with what loki said about her role. When I use the power, all actions on me also happen to the target. I get notified when I lose the BP.
2) I used the power on loki last night. I lost the BP last night. I don't see why scum would've targeted loki whereas I believe that I was a perfectly valid NK to make.
3) My N1 pick was nin.
4) I used the role to target people that I didn't feel good about in hopes that I get scum to kill themselves. nin was a worthwhile lead on N1 and whereas I didn't ever get the time to read through loki's posts again, I thought that she'd be a good target because she certainly was going to get flipped soon.
5) I claim this because I targeted the NK. And because of a second thing as well, but that is hush-hush for now. I doubt I will mention the second thing today so don't bother asking about it.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Wonderful! Thank you all for signing up. Now, I'm getting messages from my lawyer here that we shouldn't go through with this or we'll be "sued to hell and back" but you know what?

To hell with that!

Let's play Bowser's Big Blast!!

[/URL]"]

Now, the rules to this are a bit more complex so bear with me. How this game works is there are 5 colored levers to press down during a round and each player, in order, has the option to press one lever. 3 out of the 5 levers are safe and will do nothing but 2 of the levers will cause Bowser's head to explode, sending that player flying off the platform and out of this minigame! When this happens the levers will be reset and randomized with the remaining players taking their turns. The game will continue this process until only one person remains. That person will be crowned the winner!

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Loki, huh. That's a really weird choice. Does anyone want to claim that role?

No idea what that Crew Talents thing means. SalvaPot can you explain?

Do you want to explain your thinking in creating that role? That role is not exactly pro-town. Also, was anything changed in the PM from what you created?

malus do you know what the prize is?
nothing was changed from the role I submitted to the role that was presented by Salva at Fran's Flip.

Now why I created it? I knew I wanted to create a role that was more than one vig shot, but also one with risks and rewards. That way if scum had gotten my role it would be a risk for them to directly Vig shot (via their own day in thread shot) or would do the night version which runs the risk of someone not taking the shot (and thus surviving).

I wanted it to be hard to be played effectively without outing yourself as this role, which for scum would make them not lean into not using it for easy kills (see what Zeke did day 1). I didn't want just anyone to get multiple vig shots and get off scott free.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
The prize for winning the Battle Royale is total immunity to night kill and other roles for the next night phase. So we should probably make sure it's someone with a good role and we are sure is Town.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
good observation about stan's vote being crossed, but what's the deal with the day 1 vote then?

do we play sending RPS to salva by pm?

DUEL:Hawthrow

Not sure if this counted, but accept duel!

Wonderful! Thank you all for signing up. Now, I'm getting messages from my lawyer here that we shouldn't go through with this or we'll be "sued to hell and back" but you know what?

To hell with that!

Let's play Bowser's Big Blast!!

[/URL]"]

Now, the rules to this are a bit more complex so bear with me. How this game works is there are 5 colored levers to press down during a round and each player, in order, has the option to press one lever. 3 out of the 5 levers are safe and will do nothing but 2 of the levers will cause Bowser's head to explode, sending that player flying off the platform and out of this minigame! When this happens the levers will be reset and randomized with the remaining players taking their turns. The game will continue this process until only one person remains. That person will be crowned the winner!

People never listen to their lawyers!

Looks like Chuggs goes first?

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
The prize for winning the Battle Royale is total immunity to night kill and other roles for the next night phase. So we should probably make sure it's someone with a good role and we are sure is Town.
why would you say this out load now scum cant waste there night kill on a immune target

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pick it in the thread, also RPS between chuggs and sneeks resulted in a draw, send another PM please.
giphy.gif

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I may as well full claim, since Scum probably already knows my whole role from Fran:

I have four different abilities, of which I can activate one per day phase. D1 I used the night chat + role block and D2 I activated the Battle Royale, where a kill immunity can be won.
The third ability, which I'll probably activate today unless people are against it is another sort of night chat. However this time people will be split up into three night chats on OM, where they must also vote for one player to be roleblocked and one player to be given a bulletproof vest for the night. Each Chat votes separately, se we should end up with 3 roleblocks and 3 BPs.
The last ability randomizes all players votes to a value between 0 and 2 for the next day phase and I'll probably skip this even though it sounds fun as hell.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Change of rules for Bowsers Blast:
Starts with 5 levers and 1 bomb, when a player is out it moves to 4 levers 1 bomb, then finally 3 levers 1 bomb

Green is safe, Zipped your turn.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Yes I did make it, Hence all the references to royalty in my breadcrumbs. I am so glad that we got him, that would have been two townies if Fran had been able to use it.
I hate to be the guy that suspects a role's maker as scummy but.

What were you thinking Fran's role is insane You had to think the role you made could fall into scum hands.

Hell even in town hands the role tricks someone into secretly murdering themselves and the user is essentially secret day Vig it just feels Evil

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I hate to be the guy that suspects a role's maker as scummy but.

What were you thinking Fran's role is insane You had to think the role you made could fall into scum hands.

Hell even in town hands the role tricks someone into secretly murdering themselves and the user is essentially secret day Vig it just feels Evil
I think it's actually a pretty neat role. It's basically a delayed night vig and if you hit Scum they probably even Town confirm someone for you.