• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

Cory Balrog gave an update on God of War Ragnarok that currently production is going well but more gameplay footage isn't ready to he shown off yet. Pepole are speculating that it's probalby getting delayed to 2023.

"God of War Ragnarok---the elephant in the room---yeah. We haven't said a lot about this, that's because everybody is heads down and hard at work. We are perfectionists. Everyone is tightening up the graphics on level three. There is so much going on right now that I just wish that I can share it with you, but it's just not ready to be shown. But I guarantee you, the moment, the very second that we have something that we're ready to share, we're going to share it. Because we don't want to hold any of this back. So please hold tight, know that something cool is coming, and that we---everybody here at Santa Monica---are so incredibly thankful for all the support that you've given us.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Cory wasn't involved with producing this one? Or am I mistaken on that?

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda feeling that 2023 now after this message but damn, I want this game bad

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Full quote for Ragnarok update:

"God of War Ragnarok---the elephant in the room---yeah. We haven't said a lot about this, that's because everybody is heads down and hard at work. We are perfectionists. Everyone is tightening up the graphics on level three. There is so much going on right now that I just wish that I can share it with you, but it's just not ready to be shown. But I guarantee you, the moment, the very second that we have something that we're ready to share, we're going to share it. Because we don't want to hold any of this back. So please hold tight, know that something cool is coming, and that we---everybody here at Santa Monica---are so incredibly thankful for all the support that you've given us."

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
"Tightening up the Graphics on Level 3" he says, eh?

Behind the Scenes at SSM:

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
That message makes me think that it's 2023. Take your time.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, they can take their time. No need to rush it out in 2022, I'd rather the game be solid at launch. I've got plenty still to play anyway.

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't think trying to make sense of the tea leaves is gonna be a good use of time. Maybe it'll be 2023, maybe it'll be 2022.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
...or they can't say/show anything new until Sony's next showcase, when it would very likely get a release date.

Jumping to "whelp- seems like 2023!" is kinda knee-jerky atm.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
"wait"

giphy.gif

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping the PS5 version really stands out and gets that star treatment. Also, we're only in April. :)

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
When they showed the footage before it looked "ready". Wonder if this will actually be delayed to 2023. I don't think it will.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
There's enough people in the know saying they think it's locked for this year that I believe it.

But if it's delayed, that's okay too. Take your time SSM.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Not the "tightening the graphics to next level" phrase 😭😭😭 so tired of hearing that in bs meetings with executives

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want it to release this year, if only because of the GOTY conversations. So far, 2022 has been great, but there are still some big games (i.e. Starfield) that have a chance to disrupt things and cause massive online debates.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"Cory Barlog says nothing of note"

There, I fixed your title OP.

Deleted member 110527

Mar 11, 2022
I'm really not trying to be mean here, but how did something that's literally prefaced with "while we're not ready to share an update about what comes next..." get turn into "an update about what comes next"?

News will come in due time! With the quality of the last GOW, I don't personally think there's any reason to be worried about radio silence.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I really wish we had a release date lol
I have said this sometimes here, but there's a really high chance it comes out in October, the localization in my country started early this month and localization is always done 5-6 months before release so it lines up with October some people have predicted.

As always Sony could have done something differently this time and take this with a grain of salt but it lines up

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Fairly obvious they want to nail down a release date before putting another trailer out so they can go together.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I thought someone else took over as lead on the game. Did I dream that?

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019
Hope SMS take all the time they need to get this right, but I stick by my thought that the game could be ready for this year but Sony themselves are holding back on the game due to PS5 stock issues.

The year really blew the top off to begin the year with little else to show for the rest. Gaming at the moment is very boring, hope it picks up soon.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
I'm still on board the 2022 team. If the next PS5 showcase comes and goes without a release date then ill start thinking 2023 is likely.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I guess this means it will take some more time til they share new stuff. Giving an update like this doesn't make much sense if there's like a state of play for next month

I imagine it'll still hit 2022 though considering it was already delayed

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Hope SMS take all the time they need to get this right, but I stick by my thought that the game could be ready for this year but Sony themselves are holding back on the game due to PS5 stock issues.

The year really blew the top off to begin the year with little else to show for the rest. Gaming at the moment is very boring, hope it picks up soon.
Yeah for the first time since launch I don't have much to play at all on my PS5 that interests me.