MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
People are so obsessed with pretending this game is delayed to next year, when there's been no reason to think it will be.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
People are so obsessed with pretending this game is delayed to next year, when there's been no reason to think it will be.

"Companies should hold things closer to the vest and wait on revealing games and dates until they are close to release"

but also....

"JUST GIVE ME A RELEASE DATE ALREADY WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG"

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Wait so Jaffe's position is "One person says it is delayed, another person says it isn't, so I am right either way"?

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy how the creator of Sony's most important franchise has turned into an enemy of ps.

die-a-hero-villai.gif

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So Jaffe knows nothing about the game and its release date (he even thought it was Horizon when first revealed in 2016 XD) but Cory knows the date? I doubt a little unless, unless he is still there in the studio still remotely directing it somehow or giving some advices.

Last edited:

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Guys I really hope the game makes this year cause it looks fantastic but this is... Quite the reach.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Jaffe knows nothing about the game and its release date (he even thought it was Horizon when first revealed in 2015 XD) but Cory knows the date? I doubt a little unless, unless he is still there in the studio still remotely directing it somehow or giving some advices.
Are you talking about the director of the other Santa Monica game as if he had left the studio?

You know Cory Barlog is still there right?

Oct 28, 2017
Was Jaffe always like this? I remember when he wanted to have a public debate with a user on Era lol.
Anyway, it's good to see Cory back!

Yes, and still frequently calls out people, asking them to discord in to his YouTube show so he can debate/chat with them. He's utterly shameless and gives zero fucks what anyone thinks of him. I think he's unnecessarily provocative at times but overall not a bad dude, not at all.

Last edited:

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
I don't think it will, but if it does get delayed out of 2022 Barlog will be absolutely pilloried

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Its almost like some ppl just skipped the past 2 years, or since the PS5 launched.

They way Sony launched the PS5 should tell anyone they have no problem shipping games together or back to back.
People really overestimate "mindshare" or whatever looking at the sales charts for sonys games this year you can see on the platform many of the first party games have a ton of legs.
Wait so Jaffe's position is "One person says it is delayed, another person says it isn't, so I am right either way"?
Pretty much lmao.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA

He was making bets a few weeks ago telling everyone the game was going to be delayed, until he said a Sony friend reached out and said that wasn't the case and Jaffe was wrong. Seems like he's trying to go back and justify his original assumption. lol

Glad Cory is back online though. Interesting timing since the Bloomberg article did mention we would be hearing something about the release date near the end of the month. 🤔

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
I'm pretty hopeful that the released date comes at the end of the month if the rumors are true. But Sony does seem pretty comfortable with announcing a date three months prior to release so its not out of the question that we could be waiting until August for the State of Play.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
If it does come out November, pretty sure it would be the first main line GoW game to not come out in spring which will be weird

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
is it really that surprising if it comes out this year? the last game was released, what? 2018? would make it 4 years of development

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
It may come out this year but also may slip into next year? I coulda told you that. It's probably liklier to get pushed into next year if you ask me, cause everything gets delayed, more time for polish, and the fact that Nov - Dec is an odd time for Sony AAA releases. They had Horizon and GT7 this year and are probably not pressured to meet a 2022 release and will have a decent time for the hype cycle early next year.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
I have definitely felt this weird anxiety on this board about release dates recently. Not sure if it's some latent collective worry stemming from pandemic delays, or if people haven't gotten acclimated to some of these condensed time frames around release announcements and launch dates.

GoW 2018's release date was announced almost exactly 3 months prior to launch. If SSM is targeting a late November/early December launch date, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that a release date announcement isn't made until the first week in September, after the U.S. Labor Day holiday (which also just so happens to be the week after TLoU Part 1 releases). Imagine how much this board would lose their minds if we heard nothing about GoW: Ragnarok through the summer until early September...

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I really have no doubts that this game is coming this year.

can't wait to play it!

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We're halfway through the year. I need to prepare myself for this game lol. Definitely excited but I need some release date so I can set time in my life to just play it.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
That one time I confused Cory Balrog for David Jaffe.

I was like "Dang you been working out huh?" He was like "why yeah thanks!".

As I walked away I kept thinking to myself... I just saw David in an interview recently, no way he got that fit that fast...something is up. 🧐