• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you getting God Eater 3 for the Switch?

• More like God Damn! I cant wait!

Votes: 44 17.1%
  • I've already 100% completed the game, of course!

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • What does a god even taste like anyways?

Votes: 69 26.8%
  • Nope, I had a big breakfast.

Votes: 139 54.1%

• Total voters

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
giphy.gif

That's right, you can play God Eater 3 today on you Nintendo Switch! Clearly everyone here is pondering whether or not they should double dip because you've already played and loved the game!

a1gk5j5.png

God Eater is set in a world of chaos, torn to shreds by the appearance of the fearsome Aragami, monsters that have pushed humanity to the brink. Our only hope lies in the God Eaters, special warriors and the first line of defense against the Aragami!

But yikes! It looks like the world in God Eater 3 is now covered in the hazardous Ashlands. Not even a regular God Eater can survive in the Ashlands! That's where the new Adaptive God Eaters (AGE) come in. The only problem, is they're, like super rare. So rare in fact that some of them are practically enslaved!

Ruh-Roh! You guessed it, your an AGE, but don't worry. Soon after the game begins our heroes are presented with the opportunity to move up in the world thanks to Hilda Henriquez and her Ash Crawler ship: the Chrysanthemum. What could possibly happen next?!

hnQdEEu.png

God Eater is sort of like Capcom's Monster Hunter series, but a little lighter and faster. One of its key features is the Burst system where you literally take a bite out of your foe allowing you to enter a powered up state known as Burst. God Eater 3 adds in Burst Arts, which are special skills that can only be performed while in Burst. Heaving a good head for how to maintain your Burst while fighting is one of the most exiting parts of the God Eater series. You also have transforming weapons, an insane amount of bullet customization, and so much more!

The real difference from Monster Hunter here though is God Eater's anime look. Just think about that for a second. Monster Hunter is a good thing. Anime is a good thing. Two good things added together creates a result better than its parts. That's just math!

So, um, have fun my friends!

giphy.gif

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
I've always enjoyed the look of God Eater more than MH.. but I have never really tried any of them out. Maybe I should give the demo a try.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My copy actually arrived yesterday.

The Switch version seems solid.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Ahh I wanted to try this but I'm broke

soon though, I'll install the demo

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I played the demo. Wasn't my thing tbh, but it's nice to see these IPs make their way to Switch.

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely picking it up whenever it's on sale (otherwise I'd have pre-ordered it). But were the Vesperia costumes a code in the digital receipt? Anyone have a NA code they don't want? I have some DLC Switch codes to offer.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
I might have given this a try but there's so much damn stuff to buy this month!

Hope is well received to get it eventually.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
How's the multiplayer community on the Switch?

I have it for PC but don't play it because it doesn't support ultrawide. There also aren't many people playing online, from my experience.

I'd consider double dipping if I can always jump into a game.

OP
OP
SmokedSalmon

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
How's the multiplayer community on the Switch?

I have it for PC but don't play it because it doesn't support ultrawide. There also aren't many people playing online, from my experience.

I'd consider double dipping if I can always jump into a game.
My terrible secret is even I'm wondering if I should double dip or not! It just came out today though so I'm sure we'll hear about how the community is doing in the days to come.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Never played a God Eater but I do love MH. Does this have the same general gameplay loop (do missions, get loot, upgrade weapons/armor with said loot, repeat)?

Nights

Oct 27, 2017
Bought it full price to support Switch stuff. Not gonna really play it right now. I only really played GE:B on the PSP a long ass time ago. I convinced my friend to play GE:R and GE2:RB with me and she'll be getting 3 with me on Switch once she can afford it and we beat 1 and 2. I played the demo and 3 seems like a really refined version of those, so I'm very excited.

Never played a God Eater but I do love MH. Does this have the same general gameplay loop (do missions, get loot, upgrade weapons/armor with said loot, repeat)?

It does. I like to call God Eater "Monster Hunter if you and the Monster were extremely fast". Lol. It has big differences, but the loop is nearly identical. I will say the variety of Monsters seems to be the biggest fault of the God Eater series however.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It does. I like to call God Eater "Monster Hunter if you and the Monster were extremely fast". Lol. It has big differences, but the loop is nearly identical. I will say the variety of Monsters seems to be the biggest fault of the God Eater series however.

Dammit, I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy any full price games till August...

NesFe00

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't even know this was coming out for switch ! I'm still in chapter 3 on my pc, but I'm willing to double dip if the performance is very good. Waiting for impressions.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea they were bringing it to Switch. I don't particularly like the series because the combat always felt loose to me, but having the new one on Switch in handheld. Yes, please, I'll try the series, again.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
My terrible secret is even I'm wondering if I should double dip or not! It just came out today though so I'm sure we'll hear about how the community is doing in the days to come.

Yeah, I guess I'll keep an eye on the community and see how it goes. Doesn't help that there are at least two other Switch games I also want to get this month. Maybe I'll get rid of a couple I never play to offset the cost.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
tried the demo and it looked nice and ran well
i thought the gameplay was different from, and much better than monster hunter from what ive played. or at least more accessible
heavily considering the game

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
So if one of my complaints about MH is that the combat feels too slow, this might be more up my alley?

BT-787

Oct 26, 2017
10 hours in on the Switch version. Mission 20. I'm cheesed off that I didn't check out the franchise earlier. I like the fast-paced combat, focus on stats and builds. The sense of speed makes this a lot more enthralling than MHW for me at least. Frame rate holds up well in docked and handheld. There are some pop-ins in either mode and jaggies galore in handheld. Though it's tolerable. Spent a good hour or so in local coop with friends too. The story is ridiculous, but I'm having a lot more fun than I expected.

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
10 hours in on the Switch version. Mission 20. I'm cheesed off that I didn't check out the franchise earlier. I like the fast-paced combat, focus on stats and builds. The sense of speed makes this a lot more enthralling than MHW for me at least.

hmm, is the story engaging? from the trailers it seems it could be nice and character driven but i'm not 100% sure about that.
From the demo i liked the gameplay but i'm afraid it will get super repetitive but if the story is engaging i guess that will make me addicted to the game.

BT-787

Oct 26, 2017
hmm, is the story engaging? from the trailers it seems it could be nice and character driven but i'm not 100% sure about that.
From the demo i liked the gameplay but i'm afraid it will get super repetitive but if the story is engaging i guess that will make me addicted to the game.
The story feels like it's ripped right out of an anime, which you may or may not like. It has its moments. Though for me, the art direction, premise, overall setting, enemy designs and gameplay have me coming back.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Is there lock-on? I feel it'll be hard without it since MH3G introduced it in MH and I don't feel I can handle the game without it.

BT-787

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
I played the demo last week it was great. I should buy this I need a game on my Switch asap.

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
The story feels like it's ripped right out of an anime, which you may or may not like. It has its moments. Though for me, the art direction, premise, overall setting, enemy designs and gameplay has me coming back.
Nice, i also liked the art direction and the looks of the game.
Well i loved xenoblade 2 anime story and visuals so i guess this game will also be enjoyable for me.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Never really played a game like this before, but I guess I'll try the demo! Thanks for the heads up!

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Played demo on Switch and while it looked fairly rough visually in handheld it did run well. I'm shocked.

Buuuuuuut the combat still has no feel to it. How is it they get so much else right but not this. It's the third game, folks!

Also, not a fan of the overall design for ranged weapons with its own "stamina" bar.

I want to like this series. I certainly like the overall look and speed of combat. But the feel is just nonexistent. Such a shame.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Is this connected to God Eater 2 at all? I played the first one back on PSP and I've been meaning to play 2 for a while. Wonder if I can just skip it and play this instead.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Is this connected to God Eater 2 at all? I played the first one back on PSP and I've been meaning to play 2 for a while. Wonder if I can just skip it and play this instead.

I didn't played neither one nor two, there are some bits that should be obvious but that obviously I don't really get, it doesn't stop me from enjoying the game...

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

There's one character making the link between all the games but the story is self contained and you don't need to have played the previous games.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just to the part where they talk about the Ash Aragami. Game is good and looks/performs nice enough.

It's been very easy so far though.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Played the first one on the PSP and did enjoy the demo on the Switch. But somehow it didn't click entirely. For 40€ or less I might bite, but not for 60.