• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which toy shall I buy Baby Brown?

• “Wombat”

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Doppy

Votes: 30 14.9%
  • Bashful

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Fuddlewuddle

Votes: 136 67.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Helens
UPDATE#2: A dinosaur named Wombat? Thanks for the help everyone. At the time of posting this, 182 people voted. 120 of them for the worthy winner. All hail Wombat!

UPDATE: As of Post #79 Fuddlewuddle won the hearts of the forum and is on his way. Now he needs a name. Go for it. Some kind of clever pun or well thought out is preferable but I'm open to any suggestions. Not sure if I can add a second poll.. mods?

My mate LOVES wombats.

His wife's having a kid any day now.

https://m.johnlewis.com/jellycat-bundle-of-bears-bartholomew-bear-soft-toy-medium-brown/p3184883

Is that passable as a wombat?

If not, he also likes dinosaurs. Which one of these is best:

Doppy: https://m.johnlewis.com/jellycat-doppy-dino-soft-toy-one-size-green/p231341231

Bashful: https://m.johnlewis.com/jellycat-bashful-dinosaur-soft-toy-medium-green/p969098

Fuddlewuddle: https://m.johnlewis.com/jellycat-fuddlewuddle-dino-soft-toy-medium-green/p3291470 :D

That third one gets me everytime, haha.

So "wombat," doppy, bashful or fuddlewuddle?

Last edited:

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
...you linked to a teddy bear and you want to know if it looks like a wombat?

Seriously, this is what you linked to:

UgoSL4q.jpg

This is a wombat:

_84315269_wombatstill3.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Baz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Helens
Haha desperate times! Was just trying to convince myself it could be a wombat. I guess not.

As for not buying something billed as a wombat, I really like the Jellycat brand of plush toys so would prefer to stick to them.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
You're absolutely right, what really matters isn't your friend's favourite animal, but your preferred brand of plushy.

Oct 25, 2017
Fuddlewuddle is the cutest looking toy but not very dinosaur like.

Go with one of the other two dino toys imo

You're absolutely right, what really matters isn't your friend's favourite animal, but your preferred brand of plushy.

Also this. If you know that a wombat will make your friend happy, then just get a bloody wombat.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Since you are clearly worried about anatomic accuracy, I recommend you go with Doppy, the scale like skin will be appreciated by any reptile fan

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Buy some baby/toddler bath towels with a dinosaur on them, way more useful than all the stuffed animals they're going to get.

That being said, Fuddlewuddle.

Moon Moon

Oct 27, 2017
Feeling Doppy myself. But yeah go the extra mile for a legit wombat and the gesture won't be forgotten

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Get an actual wombat or get Fuddlewuddle. Fuddlewuddle is obviously the best of those dinosaurs.

nomster

Oct 27, 2017
My son has Bashful - the middle Dino, and it's been on his bed for five years now, so that gets my vote.

OP
OP

Baz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Helens
OP, are you receiving commission from that website?
Not at all. John Lewis is one of the biggest department stores in the UK. They just happen to sell Jellycat stuff.
OK to be fair those two things look more alike than the first does to a bear.

But we as a society have decided that the first thing is a bear, and it can't be anything else.
I know right! Tough crowd though.

Fuddlewuddle, while cute, is clearly not a dinosaur and shame on everybody who voted for it.
Haha true but look how cute it is.

d6326.jpg

OP
OP

Baz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Helens
yE7ULQP.jpg

Fuddlewuddle is running away with the poll but Doppy is getting a lot of love in the replies. I think I'm warming to Doppy.

I might just send this pic to my mate and see which one he likes best. I imagine he'll choose Doppy too, actually.

Oct 25, 2017
You know, deep down in your no-clue-what-a-wombat-looks-like heart, that Doppy is the way to go.

It's also the cheapest of the four so it's win-win.

Musha_Soturi

Oct 26, 2017
Of those I'd go with Fuddlewuddle.

But check out Hamleys, their soft toys are top quality and they're bound to have a wombat.

Rad

Oct 26, 2017
Browsed the other soft toys on that page and this motherfucker looks so smug lmao:

ldVQ2l2.jpg

Or high.

OP
OP

Baz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Helens
That tiger... Hahaha.

And that toothy dinosaur wasn't even considered cos it's so uncool looking with lack of spikes. Ironic that the bear was still considered (as a wombat) I know.

Showed the four to my wife: "They're all horrible." Jeez, tougher crowd than this place!