Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DdVioqd3CI&t=77s

I'm in awe! This looks so good. It is the smallest of pet peeves but I really dislike when games don't have water that interacts much with the rest of the world, some games going as far as not even having like a little splash when you shoot at it or something. To get water looking this good on a game priorizing performance over most things is super cool.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
p1ToBRJ.png

deft

Oct 27, 2017
its okay.

Arkham Knight still has the best looking water.
I must be missing something cause I looked up Arkham Knight's water on youtube, and while it's got a satisfyingly dramatic surface, it doesn't seem to have much interaction at all.

This CS2 water is far more impressive.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Has any game done dynamic splashes on surrounding objects? Completely pointless, and yet…

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Valve out there curating some baffling cutting-edge features in a glacial pace.

i still dream about L4D in Source 2.

Muffin Awesome

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 30, 2017
Will my 4770k and 1660 Gtx be able to handle this game is the question now…

Going to look like 1.6 again in 2023

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I love the very physical direction they took with this game. The smoke/water/glass physics all look impressive.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
So excited for some water. Can't wait to see future valve game day of defeat with new water ):

Also I miss miiverse

nded

Nov 14, 2017
The ability to push scum and cigarette butts around the surface of water in a fast paced multiplayer game is a very Valve thing to implement.

xpownz

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Feb 13, 2020
It's beautiful
Sea of Thieves has the crown still, but SoT is about water so it makes sense lol

oty

Feb 28, 2023
i just really wanted to play this before vacation ends, goddamnit volvo

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
The ability to push scum and cigarette butts around the surface of water in a fast paced multiplayer game is a very Valve thing to implement.

Indeed :D 99% of CS players will never see this either as graphics are immediately set to low in favour of framerate and visibility :D

Not to mention no one is going to be looking at puddles in a match

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
Oh yeah, while I have certainly seen RT reflective water and great wave simulations there are a lot of effects here that I don't know if I have seen very often if at all.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Sea of Thieves ocean looks incredible, but this seems like very different kind of interactive simulation. I don't see the comparison making much sense.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sea of Thieves ocean looks incredible, but this seems like very different kind of interactive simulation. I don't see the comparison making much sense.

This.

Sea of thieves has a really stylistic graphics, like a Pixar movie.

The water is fantastic looking but this is like comparing apples to oranges.

However, the cs2 water looks out of this world on the technical level.

Valve gonna valve (thinking HL with physics and what not)

Plz give me beta gaben

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We've reached a stage in graphics rendering where impressive largely means "the artists were able to give a lot of a shit about this thing". Yeah it's just a collection of low intensity shaders, but very few games bother to simulate all these things.

Ye, the guy in the video in the op says "I wonder why other devs don't design water in their games with such depth"

Bruh. Valve is a privately owned company with no shareholders or board of directors to report to. They can spend all the man-hours ($$) doing whatever the hell they want