• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr. Mug

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah you can even just go as a student and then switch to a work visa in many countries (idk about western ones though).I know more than a few ppl who have done things like that.

Yeah some countries give you more time or make it easier to find a job if you've studied there first I believe.

Rafavert

Oct 31, 2017
Portugal
As a Portuguese... Please don't be that immigrant who doesn't bother to learn the local language. Major disrespect imo, no matter what country we're talking about.

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
Do you have skills to offer that would make those countries welcome you? If yes, western europe or South east asia are awesome provided you can draw a decent salary. Oceania is pretty good but too far from family for me.

Nov 7, 2017
I'm thinking about moving to Portugal at some point (US citizen here) my wife is Brazilian and I have been learning Portuguese since COVID started and I'm pretty good conversational wise. Just have to learn how to get passed the thick accent that Portuguese people have since it's very different from Brazilian Portuguese

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Where did OP go? Don't leave us hanging

john-travolta-confused.gif

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely more of what you bring to the table and what country would want you more than the other way around. It's hard to get into a lot of countries unless you got skills that they want

jackie daytona

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2022
Wife and daughter both are Aussie citizens. That's my backup plan.

Fuckin language barrier is gonna be rough though.

bob1001

▲ Legend ▲
May 7, 2020
You need to give more information if you want proper advice.

Regarding Portugal: if you can work remotely and earn a US wage then Portugal would be the best choice from those countires imo because of low cost of living relative to US wages. If you're going to actually work there then you probably won't earn much so the cost of living advantage isn't a huge one (but it does depend on your skills/qualifications etc).

Someone else already said it but if you go to a non-English speaking country don't be that guy who never learns the language.