• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
The way he holds up his hand as if to say "Now sir please calm down we can discuss this like gentlemen....*lights out*" makes me fucking laugh every single time.

Like what the fuck did he expect lol

For me, it's just how his attitude changes so fast. His first movement looks like he is so confident and dude takes one step forward and the natzi's expression completely changes.
"...now hold on now, let's be civil!" POW!!!

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another pic

qjs7h6de8ft21.jpg

Wait who took the picture?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait who took the picture?

Skateboard crew apparently. They're doing it to shame them and the grins are not mutual. I doubt that a guy with nazi tattoos on his neck has any shame but hopefully he's frequently inconvenienced by this.

I can bet you a hundred bucks that one or both of them interviewed by a news crew would say:

1. They we're not racist we're just proud of our heritage and culture
(we do hate other races though)
2. The Holocaust didn't happen like they said
(we love nazis in part because they did the Holocaust)
3. Trump isn't racist either
(we love Trump because he's racist)

The crazy thing about racists including the klan and nazis is that their outrage at being called racist is real and in part because the term infers a defect or objective negative. They internally contain the knowledge that they have every racist component - but reject that term as a negative - not because it's inaccurate but because they wish being racist was acceptable and good. They can't justify except through tortured semantics and cognitive dissonance so they genuinely feel that they're not racist because they're not wrong.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
We could definitely use a The Purge spin off where nazis are the ones being hunted. Wolfenstein already does its part in videogames, it's time to make it clear in films as well, we cannot stand for nazis and their idiocy.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do most people in the alt right look like goblins? I don't understand.

Morally correct and defensible bitch eating crackers syndrome -- but also possibly some small component of nutrition, poverty, visible intelligence and genetic/social selection bias.

I'm sure there are plenty of handsome nazis and would-be nazis but you could argue they are more likely to have better economic social outcomes or opportunities. Just as CEOs are on average taller or left handed boxers and pitchers have a slight advantage. Weird little physical outliers that have measurable or possibly subtle visible effects.

Remember the super handsome mugshot dude? He was in part remarkable not because a poor young man was handsome - they're handsome at roughly the same proportions as every other segment of society but because he somehow never benefitted from it socially either through choice or circumstance. Dumb to use exceptions to suggest rules and it teeters ironically into the kind of genetic superiority bullshit these walking ironies espouse. But it's food for thought for these two.

But also ugly in is ugly out. They're ugly even if you hide their faces and just show their clothes.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
We know they wouldn't, it happens pretty consistently and never gets the same level of coverage.

My go-to example is the difference in coverage between an anarchist who got shot at a Milo event, versus some college republican getting milk thrown on him. The former got minor rounds of local coverage and was largely ignored despite having the newsworthy angle that the victim requested to speak with the man who shot him rather than press charges... while the latter got about a solid week of handwringing and bemoaning the death of free speech from liberals and conservatives alike.

We're talking about the difference between catching a bullet and getting splashed with milk, here.

Yup all my old conservative and Libertarian friends will be the first to post anything about the left, but when i point out attacks against protesters they just ignore it or say they had it coming. Just a waste of time talking to them.

Why do most people in the alt right look like goblins? I don't understand.

They are more ugly on the inside and that's what matters.

haziq

Oct 29, 2017
It's always funny to me how people who consider themselves as part of the superior race embrace the culture of historically proven losers. Like Nazis and Confederates.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is this another Smollet thing or is this actually real? Seems a little too on the nose IMO. Big if true.

Most of the (very few) trump supporters I know IRL are just regular, albeit conservative leaning suburban people. You couldn't really pick them out of a lineup from their own liberal counterparts IMO.

This very sad either way, and it's telling of our political climate

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Is this another Smollet thing or is this actually real? Seems a little too on the nose IMO. Big if true.

Most of the (very few) trump supporters I know IRL are just regular, albeit conservative leaning suburban people. You couldn't really pick them out of a lineup from their own liberal counterparts IMO.

The MAGA hat is a symbol of White supremacy. Of course Nazis like it. Most Trump supporters that you know are racist as shit. They'd have to be to still be supporting this administration at this point, enough so that they proudly wear Trump's hat.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
No, nor should it be.

Even though I understand why some countries do have laws against it, I'd rather people were able to wear it out and about and let everyone know they're scumbags.

This doesn't work that way. Allowing it to exist in public because you think it "exposes" them for the scumbags they are, never actually works. Because they already know they're scumbags. That's not a revelation to them.

All they want is to be seen and start a conflict, while trying to act as "peaceful" as possible, because being seen in public like this without any sort of repercussion normalizes it to a lot of impressionable people who feel emboldened to try it themselves, while increasingly pushing the boundaries of what they can get away with.

This is why "always punch nazis" actually holds some merit to it, because if the potential risk of going out and dressing like/acting like/being a nazi is liable to get you decked on a moment's notice, it's going to be more of a deterrent to doing that than just about anything else. The less people going out and publicly displaying themselves like this, the less people who get radicalized by the sight of it, which means even less people doing it, etc. etc.

1st amendment, if anyone attempted to pass a hate speech law, it would get tied up and likely dismissed by the supreme court due to said amendment.

Passing another amendment (which is just about the only way to get around the president/courts) would require 2/3rd votes in both House and Senate, which the democrats aren't even close to getting.

Last edited:

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

5Mk4lSv.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

DMbmuc_X0AEDLou.jpg

Very fine people on both sides

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine dedicating your entire life to hatred. What an exhausting and a dreadful waste of existence.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
There are a variety of things that aren't protected under free speech, namely hate speech.

But there are no hate speech laws in the states. The Supreme Court ruled this no less than 2 years ago, arguing there is no exception to the first amendment.

Hate speech is, in fact, 100% protected in the US. Their right to be nazis in public without any legal repercussion is solidified.

And this isn't a republican vs democrat problem, the Supreme Court tends to rule unanimous on that issue.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
But there are no hate speech laws in the states. The Supreme Court ruled this no less than 2 years ago, arguing there is no exception to the first amendment.

Hate speech is, in fact, 100% protected in the US. Their right to be nazis in public without any legal repercussion is solidified.
Never mind that hate speech laws for America are not a popular opinion, even on ERA, let alone America as a whole.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
Hate speech laws tend to get "centrists" up in arms because they all see it as the "slippery slope" that's going to eventually come for them too, without having the self reflection to understand why (or they do understand why and are just arguing in bad faith about it).

I mean look at what we have to deal with in Canada for the "little" we have that consists of hate speech laws, it brings people like Jordan Peterson out of the woodworks to cry about how the government is taking away his right to *reads notes* misgender the trans community.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I mean look at what we have to deal with in Canada for the "little" we have that consists of hate speech laws, it brings people like Jordan Peterson out of the woodworks to cry about how the government is taking away his right to *reads notes* misgender the trans community.
Then you get fuckers like Doug Ford into power, trying to legislate it so that government-funded institutions like schools can't turn away far-right speakers no matter what.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017

Are you asking if someone got Nazi tattoos on his face as a prank?

Oct 25, 2017
I really respect that couple for owning up front that as Trump supporters, they are Nazis. Every MAGA hat should come with a swastika.

Devour

Nov 1, 2017
I bet these two were on an online community that arranged a rally and only they showed up. Maybe Russian bots set a trap and these morons took the bait.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You're friends are white suprematist fascists.
I bet these two were on an online community that arranged a rally and only they showed up. Maybe Russian bots set a trap and these morons took the bait.
TrEYj0j.gif

FFS. Not everything is fucking Russian bots.

Let's stop minimising fascists and bigots with that stupid shit.