Oct 27, 2017
Without thinking too much the first one that crosses my mind has to be Sandover Village, the home location in Jak and Daxter 1 where the characters and all their friends live. The tropical climate in the midst of a warm and sunny beach really captures the simple wonder of that game throughout.

Jan 3, 2019
Yoooooo what spot on the Sea of Ghosts did you take this shot from?? I've been playing it on Switch so my graphics might not be up to the par of this shot, but sometimes it's nice to look at distinct man-made objects from a distance in spots. My peak cozy spot in Skyrim is Lakeview Manor, part of it is that it's a home you build yourself and part of it is that it's in a warmer location than most of Skyrim, but if you stand in the right spot you can also get a really good view of Bleak Falls Barrow across the lake. I've taken to building the storage room on Lakeview moreso because I enjoy the view of the lake from having a balcony on that side than anything else, LOL
I wasn't sure at first but thankfully I noticed the shrine of Talos and there's only one of those in the sea of ghosts so it should be around here

latest

And for your consideration, this is just outside Windhelm

NoGoodMonkey

Oct 20, 2018
This is my favorite thread on Era. Please flood it with replies. I need it.

I'll add mine: Lumines has always felt especially cozy to me.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Animal Crossing definitely and maybe weirdly Deadly Premonition. I love the parts where you're not in combat, in the hotel, going around the town.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Persona 5 is like a cup of warm coffee first thing in the morning.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
The Johto Pokemon games. Something about that region is just so cozy to me in a way that none of the others are

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
The party camp in dragon age inquisition. The sound fo the crackling fire, the occasional dog bark. The magestic squeak of the domesticated nug, and that awesome version of in uthenera playing. I sometimes think of that when I'm trying to sleep.
The Hawke mansion theme is also nice, but a bit too melancholy to be truly cozy.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I remember as a kid when playing Ocarina of Time I loved just running around near the horse ranch or the lake.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
All of Fortsigtuna from Heroine's Quest gives me this feeling but most particularly:

ss-935c50ec140dde2b145848b49cc4735c2da14a3d-1920x1080.jpg

The fact that the 'frostbite' mechanic of the game requires you to seek warmth or die, this room really becomes the center of your world intially.

And with this wonderful tune playing I get all warm just thinking about it:

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I think the Pod in LittleBigPlanet feels cosy. Especially after you decorate it yourself.

int01-001_fmt.jpeg

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Morrowind's interiors give me those vibes:

HLilxLJ.jpg

MGE+Screenshot+0010.png

There's something innately calming about all that colored lighting.

CosmicElement

Oct 27, 2017
Coming back from whatever hellish depths you've just barely survived, to rekindle with familiar faces, all while this track plays in Dark Souls.

Redstreak

Jan 17, 2018
Definitely animal crossing. Being invited into a neighbors home to chat or admire their decor, going to Brewsters for a cup of coffee, waking up one day during winter to see Christmas lights have been added to trees around town, doing some fishing or big catching in the relaxing summer breeze.

you can't tell me that isn't the coziest thing you've ever heard

Soltis

Feb 28, 2019
United States
Animal Crossing. It's a rainy, autumn afternoon. You stroll lazily across town, meeting other friends in the rain. Then you step into Brewster's cafe, to warm up with some coffee.

Undertale was the second game I thought of; Snowdin, specifically.

finfinfin

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Firelink, and (seriously) Skadovsk in Stalker, preferably in Call of Chernobyl so there's not really anything I have to do.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
I always liked returning back to your kingdom in Little King's Story and just running around seeing what everyone was doing. Beethoven remixes fit really well there

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Oddly, pretty much any Assassin's Creed. In between all the action, you often get those calm moments of tourism: aimlessly wandering the open world, visiting iconic landmarks, and watching the NPCs go through their daily routines with some nice sound design and ambient tunes playing in the background. Roaming the deserts of Egypt on camel/horseback in Origins was something else:

yerliwltikm31.png

Assassins-Creed-Origins-Hermit-Location-Point-Mafkat-Resting-Spot.jpg

Last edited: