• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Mad Max wasn't that fun. It was the same thing over and over again, and had mediocre gameplay. It looked good, but it got really tedious and did not need to be 35-40 hours long.

Say what you will of the game, but the bolded is not remotely true. My final playthrough of the story was 18 and a half hours, while howlongtobeat.com has its average playtime at 19 hours.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
I just brought down several buildings in the technical test. Tons of fun! Waiting for the clips to upload.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It does look clean, likely being 4K footage downscaled to 1080p. I can imagine at native 1080p on Windows, it'll look blurry as all get-out from modern anti-aliasing methods. There are no "clean" AAA games anymore.
You clearly haven't played Gears 4 or Shadow of the Tomb Raider on the X if you think that. I can't imagine image quality getting any cleaner than those two (in 4K of course).

OP
OP
Klobrille

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wow.

gZy9Vqb.gif

Framerate seems to stay locked, too - even with so many particle effects going on.

Oct 27, 2017
Not remotely true? It took me 36 hours to beat the game and I didn't do everything, and didn't suck at it. It was lots and lots of grinding.

Then, clearly your total playtime isn't representative of most people's experiences, you will admit.

In the interest of not derailing this thread anymore I'll leave it at this. That your total playtime is nearly double mine and the nearly three thousand others that submitted their playtime on howlongtobeat, as the best source of data available for reference, should quite clearly demonstrate that the 36 hours you spent completing the main story isn't in the likely range of completing the main story and to say otherwise is misleading, even though it's true of your experience.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Then, clearly your total playtime isn't representative of most people's experiences, you will admit.

In the interest of not derailing this thread anymore I'll leave it at this. That your total playtime is nearly double mine and the nearly three thousand others that submitted their playtime on howlongtobeat, as the best source of data available for reference, should quite clearly demonstrate that the 36 hours you spent completing the main story isn't in the likely range of completing the main story and to say otherwise is misleading, even though it's true of your experience.

Even at half the length, it wouldn't have been good. It had potential, but they flubbed it and made something mediocre.

Dec 16, 2017
I'm really looking forward to playing this next weekend. I probably wouldn't buy it for full price, but game pass makes it a no brainer.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Where are all these clean ass vids of the campaign coming from? I take some people have access to the game?

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
Played for 2 hours straight, crackdowns wrecking zone is the type of game you have to give time to have fun with. Don't kill me for this comparison, but it's kind of like red dead 2 in a way. Really have to fight the controls to get used to it. That's why I can see a lot of people's first impressions recently like igns of it being really bad. After 2 hours I was going beast mode compared to how badly I started, and when I watched them just play the game the opposite of how it's supposed to be (like I did, running and gunning on the ground not using half the moves we had) I couldn't stop cringing. Like why are you on the ground, the whole point is to be vertical and generally be unorthodox in movement to not die. When you get good you can do cool shit like running from 4 bad guys by blasting a whole in a wall then shooting the ceiling behind you so when they're homing rockets are coming in you have a 2 second delay of debris to get away while you blow a hole into the other side of said building to bash through... so when Ryan from ign was on the ground 90% of the time only getting somewhere by the jet boosters on the ground, his one hop, (not even using the super jump) and trying to fight his enemies like it's halo I can see where he wasn't having that much fun and why the destruction seemed unimportant to the gameplay for him. Your supposed to use it not admire it, you can be super creative with it. So run and gunning is obviously not going to leave a good impression even though the gameplay so varied it's an option of playstyle (which all the guns enhance like the shot gun for myself since I don't stay only vertical I dive bomb and blow a hole through the ceiling to get close to 2 shot you in the face for example), and playing in the same room of noobs doing the same thing so it ends up easy as hell overall. I'm actually confident once the reviewers spend time with it and learn the mechanics and have those oh shit moments they'll really enjoy it, the lack of contents going to severely hurt it either way, so is the general downgrade no doubt about it but what's here is REALLY good. Just my overlylong 2 cents lol.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
I'm actually confident once the reviewers spend time with it and learn the mechanics and have those oh shit moments they'll really enjoy it, the lack of contents going to severely hurt it either way, so is the general downgrade no doubt about it but what's here is REALLY good. Just my overlylong 2 cents lol.

Maybe I've become too cynical in regards to the gaming media, but I share none of your confidence that this will happen! I do agree that the lack of maps and modes will hurt the MP most, hopefully the full release will get the same positive reception the insider test got and they get on it right away.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
Maybe I've become too cynical in regards to the gaming media, but I share none of your confidence that this will happen! I do agree that the lack of maps and modes will hurt the MP most, hopefully the full release will get the same positive reception the insider test got and they get on it right away.
Gaming riot and vg27 gives me hope. After I got good at the game and saw how badly the ign gameplay was compared to what I was doing on my 3rd match (which I notice a trend, takes about 3-4 matches to actually get into the swing of things for new comers which tbh is a higher learning curve than most fps games) immediately knew for better or worse there opinion won't be the same as their previews. Because they were absolutely trash. Gamespot actually knew how to play video games a bit better an they described scenarios that I was having in regards to wrecking zone, making your own path and all that jazz. He's probably going to shit on it regardless to get clicks, I read the preview of Ryan's on ign. Was pure fanboy bait from the beginning to the end, like I said in another thread though if they talk about the dev time for longer than 2-3 minutes your review to me is already null and void. Still can't fathom what the past has to do with what your playing in your hands. I'm sure the shit load of people enjoying sea of thieves (still not my cup of tea) aren't worried about how the game was received at launch. To them it's a meaty package of gaming goodness, who tf cares. But yeah your probably right. But I'm sure places like gamepsot and gaming riot and others will take the time to actually learn the mechanics an review it properly.

Nov 14, 2017
I've been playing Crackdown 1 since it's free on the XBX, and I'm damn impressed, didn't expect an '07 game to be this fun today...
Kinda reminds me of Saint's Row 3/4 which I adore, so I'm in on the hype for Crackdown 3.

It releases February 15th correct?