Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Launchpad is new right?

EnchantedVacantArabianwildcat-size_restricted.gif

Is this gif from a glitch stream or something. It's bugging me that the neon sign on the left should be casting and sort of Shadow

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
So, is anyone else wondering what the post-launch sandbox additions might look like? Let's remember Crackdown's Keys to the City DLC (free), and Crackdown 2's Toy Box DLC (both free and paid).

I hope that they'll say a few words about their plans in tonight's Inside Xbox episode.

Never got the chance to play a Crackdown game, but that really sounds like some fun DLC. I'd love to see something similar come to CD3 for sure;

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if mag grenades from Crackdown 2 are in? Those were pretty fun to mess around with.
I has sooo much fun with those doing stupid shit. If you kept throwing them on car doors when they were open, they overloaded the game and caused the car to go out of control and fly across the map.

Anyone else hate the way new agency vehicles look? They look like shit compared to the first game.
I'm assuming that we haven't seen everything with regards to the vehicles, because yes, OG Crackdown had the best so far.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Another preview. This guy liked the MP. Thought the SP was standard fan fare.

54 second mark its cool! He takes out the ceiling to bring his foe to him. I dig it!

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

54 second mark its cool! He takes out the ceiling to bring his foe to him. I dig it!

Why does the MP look like a Halo forge map? Like the "buildings" are made up of grey destructible panels. I assume it's just the map they chose to demo? Seems like a weird choice though if it is. Why pick the most sparse map to show it off for the first time?

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Not a bad preview, but I feel he didn't understand the campaign style... which I guess he admits by saying that it's his first time playing Crackdown. Claiming it is mainly shooting and going from task to task seems to be overly simplistic of what you can do in the game. I could just as easily say Crackdown is a vertical platform game searching for orbs, with a bit of shooting elements to break it up (which for many is actually how they play the game).

Regardless, the previews and comments I've seen line up pretty much exactly with what I was expecting from the game and they seem to have nailed the Crackdown movement. The one thing I'd maybe like to see is some sort of an orb hunt multiplayer mode. Next Friday can't come soon enough.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Why does the MP look like a Halo forge map? Like the "buildings" are made up of grey destructible panels. I assume it's just the map they chose to demo? Seems like a weird choice though if it is. Why pick the most sparse map to show it off for the first time?

I think it's actually running a modified Halo 4 engine.

I'm not sure why they went with the bland textures - perhaps they figured the washed out Tron look would mesh with the angular chunk shapes they settled on.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
This is odd does not look like an M game to me?

I'm pretty sure the first one was as well, but looking at the description it seems to match up. Just in the previews you can hear the voice over use strong language and assuming the gangs are similar to the original game I'm sure there will be drug references there.

Not to mention, I remember the gang members swearing at you when you would show up.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Not a bad preview, but I feel he didn't understand the campaign style... which I guess he admits by saying that it's his first time playing Crackdown. Claiming it is mainly shooting and going from task to task seems to be overly simplistic of what you can do in the game. I could just as easily say Crackdown is a vertical platform game searching for orbs, with a bit of shooting elements to break it up (which for many is actually how they play the game).

Regardless, the previews and comments I've seen line up pretty much exactly with what I was expecting from the game and they seem to have nailed the Crackdown movement. The one thing I'd maybe like to see is some sort of an orb hunt multiplayer mode. Next Friday can't come soon enough.
Yep! Orb hunting is the cracks! Looking forward to next week!

He does over simplify what you do in the game, and it doesnt sound like he had the chance to level up his agent and play around with the weapons and what not.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure the first one was as well, but looking at the description it seems to match up. Just in the previews you can hear the voice over use strong language and assuming the gangs are similar to the original game I'm sure there will be drug references there.

Not to mention, I remember the gang members swearing at you when you would show up.
Ah I guess strong language would bring it to M

jem

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to actually watching some of these previews and man this game looks like a ton of fun.

Yeah it doesn't have a super impressive "living, breathing world" or the shiniest graphics ever but honestly I couldn't give a shit about those things when running around blowing stuff up.

Games don't always have to be revolutionary in some way, sometimes they can just be fun.