• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Think about it.. Collecting orbs to power up as you scavenge for crazy weapons and vehicles in a fun, physics-based sandbox. Now throw in the destruction.
And the Halo 6 beta.

The stories write themselves.

EDIT:

So uhhhh, I randomly went to the Crackdown 3 page in the store and noticed a little something under "Capabilities"
395a79bf45c7c6e879e8d5883f63dc6c.png
;]

Last edited:

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
That's actually not a bad idea..

edit: taking out a building to kill the last group and win the match would be pretty cool

Digital

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You know what that sound is? That's the sound of another year long delay to make this a reality. Because Crackdown 3 with no destruction and SP-only sounds like absolute dogshit.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is this game still not out yet? I thought after that all Terry Crews ad we were closing in on a release.

As for your idea, OP, a battle royale game based around a destruction and the high mobility of Crackdown sounds great. Although I'm not sure where that all stands with Crackdown 3.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
You know what that sound is? That's the sound of another year long delay to make this a reality. Because Crackdown 3 with no destruction and SP-only sounds like absolute dogshit.

It's neither of those? There's a multiplayer mode which where all the destruction actually is.

Op- there should be a hidden blackhole button the map that moves around every match so you can't just go there every time that causes everything to be destroyed

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Crackdown 3 Battle Royal would be crazy. I want it bad. Doesn't need to be at launch but if this were mode within the first 6 months or so that would be great.

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are there any other people with 0 interest in the "Battle Royale" genre?

It feels like I'm the only one not on the PUBG hype train.

On topic: I just want the game to come out and be good. Tight controls, good hit feedback, good story, fun co-op, cool powers.

Devious

Oct 31, 2017
California
Yes yes, we get it; CD3 needs a release date.

This idea is fire though. Actually sat there for a minute imagining it before typing this lol.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017

On topic: I just want the game to come out and be good. Tight controls, good hit feedback, good story, fun co-op, cool powers.
I was like you.

Then i tried Fortnite and i cant stop playing it. Now i want a destkop with PUBG

Deleted member 14002

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was like you.

Then i tried Fortnite and i cant stop playing it. Now i want a destkop with PUBG

I've tried PUBG/Fortnite for like 2-3 hours each. Wasn't my cup of tea.

I felt Fortnite was too F2P.

I didn't like PUBG because it felt clunky. It didn't feel good as a 3rd or 1st person shooter to me. The feedback on guns felt poor, lack of killcams was frustrating, I didn't find joy in it being essentially 1 vs 99.

I think having a 50 v 50 with fortnite is a step in the right direction. I'd like to see more variation 5 teams of 20, etc.

Anyways as it stands I just don't see the appeal.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

I was the exact same way. I pretty much only play single-player games, and never tried a Battle Royale game... until last week I downloaded Fortnite just to see what a game like that was like almost as a lark, and I admit I'm having fun with it.

Crackdown 3 would certainly be well-served to have more modes/content but agree they certainly don't wanna drag out the development further.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017

I felt Fortnite was too F2P P2W.

I didn't like PUBG because it felt clunky. It didn't feel good as a 3rd or 1st person shooter to me. The feedback on guns felt poor, lack of killcams was frustrating, I didn't find joy in it being essentially 1 vs 99.

I think having a 50 v 50 with fortnite is a step in the right direction. I'd like to see more variation 5 teams of 20, etc.

Yeah i can see your point and agree Fortnite does feel kinda cheap, but im hooked regardless.

Guess it is the 1 vs 100 survival thing that is appealing to me.

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
There's a duo and squad modes (2-4), most people I know play these more than solo. And they've added killcams recently.

And as someone who watched a lot of PUBG, being clunky is part of what made it successful as a streaming game.

Deleted member 14002

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a duo and squad modes (2-4), most people I know play these more than solo. And they've added killcams recently.

And as someone who watched a lot of PUBG, being clunky is part of what made it successful as a streaming game.

I'll give it a shot with the other modes + features.

How is it being clunky a positive for streaming?

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
I like that idea a lot!

But I can't help but wonder what the destruction and multiplayer in general actually looks like. It's absence from E3 was extremely conspicuous.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
It could work and sounds like it'd be fun. But I'd rather Crackdown stay what it is, and be a game I can play and complete solo.

Oct 27, 2017

I felt Fortnite was too F2P P2W.

Forenite br is p2w? When did this happen? Lol, I mean if your going to call out a game that's fine, but use the correct facts.

Oct 28, 2017
Crackdown is still being kept alive by Microsoft while they killed off Scalebound for taking too long in development.

The world we live in, eh?

Hawk

Oct 25, 2017
This could realistically be added to Crackdown 3 without too much difficulty. I remember playing co-op once with someone and we never even met face to face. Add like 3 people and give them an kill counter and your basically there.

Note: I only have a vague notion about how Battle Royale games actually work.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
They could implement something for the multiplayer arena mode (sad that the cloud-supported full destruction is limited to one mode, according to the xbox.com info after E3), but I don't know how the engine would handle so many more players.

Delaying the game was probably the right choice, especially after reading about other games that really struggled in development until the very end in Blood Sweat and Pixels. Maybe there'll be more Terry Crews as well since fans were very positive on that part (As Jeff Gerstmann said, if this is a Terry Crews FMV game, then I am fully in!) .

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Crackdown is still being kept alive by Microsoft while they killed off Scalebound for taking too long in development.

The world we live in, eh?
1 - Crackdown is awesome
2 - nobody knows exactly why Scalebound was cancelled. Every cancelled game seems to be a thwarted masterpiece in many peoples eyes but there could've been deep design issues that made the game unfixable without a total reboot.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
It is always a possibility. I could see Battle Royale games be on the rise in 2018 after what PUBG started. Of course, I would want Crackdown 3 to get released first before we start talking about any additional modes if we can.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
I can see them doing a mode based on Battle Royal (not as many people though) maybe one of the reasons for the delay.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
A lot of things are already present in CD to give it a unique take on the genre, so that certainly helps.

Hitting the ground as a level 1 Agent, then having to not only scavenge for weapons, but for orbs as well, all in an effort to level your agent while staying alive. Weapons would level up from killing other agents, same for explosives, driving could level up from taking gunfire and running Agents over (and would retain their ability to transform as you level the skill up, giving an incentive for vehicle focused playstyles), agility would be the classic orbs, and strength would get leveled when you either throw something at another agent or beat them to death.

Combine that with a fully destructible map on the level we have seen so far, and you have something special imo.

And just to spice things up, add in gang members as A.I. running around the map to give an alternate way of leveling up and some target practice during down time.

I would just be curious how they handle aiming in this hypothetical game mode. Crackdown moves too fast for normal aiming, which is why the previous two used a hard lock aiming system, but that always resulted in semi auto weapons with great range taking priority over a lot of the weapon sandbox, and having that in a PvP set up would actively discourage mobility, which is a huge part of CD.