• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

Supposedly if you disconnect at any point during gameplay, the game kicks you out as well. The game is 100% singleplayer and doesn't have this requeriment on consoles, just why even bother with this at this point?

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
it appears activision now has a permanent ban on having access to any of my money

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Dumb decision after dumb decision from Activision.

I bet they're baffled when it sells like shit on PC too.

Ganado

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
This is why I don't buy Activision games on their own store.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
So fucking glad I bought it for Xbox. Screw this, that basically means the game is yours until they want so.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
All Activision games after Modern Warfare remaster are always online including THPS 1+2 on Epic Store.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Ew, why? The consoles don't need one, so why does PC?

Because Activision says so.

At this point it will encourage it. If people find a way around the online check anyway.
I was about to say. This game is basically asking to be cracked and pirated faster by doing this, what was Activision thinking.

THPS 1+2, Modern Warfare and Cold Ware are yet to be cracked. And apparently it is nightmare to do it and groups are not even bothering to do it.

Drillow

Oct 27, 2017
So, online connection required for playing and no Steam release on PC.
And no physical release for Switch on Europe.

Good fucking job, Activision.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
What sucks is that pirates will get the game DRM free and not pay for it. Anti consumer measures always hurt legit customers. And this doesn't even affect as I know I will always have constant connection. So I am probably just getting the console version and play on my PS5 instead.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
What sucks is that pirates will get the game DRM free and not pay for it. Anti consumer measures always hurt legit customers. And this doesn't even affect as I know I will always have constant connection. So I am probably just getting the console version and play on my PS5 instead.

I wouldn't count on pirated copy anytime soon.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

Fucking yikes. I'll admit, I did buy the game on Battle.net to show my interest in the series being on PC, but... ugh.

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler: someone will managed to crack it, giving pirates a more functional port of the game.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
This is so dumb. Yeah no way I'll buy this on the PC now. Fuck Activision. Crash deserves better.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Well, I guess the just lost a sale. I'll buy it when someone bypasses the online check, so I can play my legally purchased copy offline.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
8OmVRLs.gif

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
I've considered mailing Activision about implementing offline mode in B.net now that they put more not-networked stuff on it. With that hidden message I concede that watching paint dry may be more productive.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
Do they intentionally want people to not buy this game on PC or what, lol.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan

Supposedly if you disconnect at any point during gameplay, the game kicks you out as well. The game is 100% singleplayer and doesn't have this requeriment on consoles, just why even bother with this at this point?

Welcome to Battle.net PC versions OP. Classy treatment of customers of the games. Its not like it stops these games from going through other channels..

ALL battle.net PC version has always online required.. SP or not...