• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

We already knew about the new track and characters, but they've showed all of the rewards now, their tier and what missions will be available.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do I have to play online to get Nitro Points? I rather not play with other randoms since I hate people in general

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot of content. Still can't believe Activision of all companies is doing a monthly CTR Battle Pass for free.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks that there's going to be exclusives for the top 5% and I hope all these items get added to the pit stop or it's gonna suck :/

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3 and 1/2 weeks for the Prix. Wonder how long it will take for missed items to go into the Pit Stop, and will that still be on rotation so you have to catch it on the right day?

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot of content. Still can't believe Activision of all companies is doing a monthly CTR Battle Pass for free.
Well, I wouldn't get too excited yet. It's a battle pass where progression is tied to challenges. What happens to the content you don't get through progression? Activision has to make some return to justify the free courses.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will I still be able to get this content if I purchase the game latter?

I want CTR but there's to much other stuff that'll take priority so it may be a while.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Great stuff. I've just had this drop through my letterbox today. I'm all ready!

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Well, I wouldn't get too excited yet. It's a battle pass where progression is tied to challenges. What happens to the content you don't get through progression? Activision has to make some return to justify the free courses.

The "Pit Stop" where you get points to buy unlockables seems like a massive grind and I wouldn't be surprised if they figured out some way to monetize it down the line, but maybe that's unlikely post-release. It kind of sucks though.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
The "Pit Stop" where you get points to buy unlockables seems like a massive grind and I wouldn't be surprised if they figured out some way to monetize it down the line, but maybe that's unlikely post-release. It kind of sucks though.
After what they did to BO4 I just can't trust Activision to offer a decent stream of free content without trying to monetize it at some point. Especially when they start introducing stuff like battlepasses. It's like they have the mechanics in there, they just have to flip the switch.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
The game doesn't release here (Japan) until next month, though :x Will they repeat the event here?

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, I need to wrap up this Mario level I'm building by then so I have time to play this!

Tons of unlocks here, hope I'm at least able to get a good chunk of them.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
There's also a large update coming on the same day, and the patch notes have some information on the Grand Prix:

• Nitro points are earned by completing challenges
  • GP items "may" show up in the pit stop at a later date
  • Leaderboards are being added, both for nitro points and overall online play
  • Everyone who plays online from June 28-July 4 will get a 2,500 Wumpa coin bonus

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017

Oh, I'm 100% sure they're going to add the option to purchase Wumpa Coins at some point. I can't begrudge them for adding MTs for people who want to "skip the grind" if there's a reasonable free alternative though, and so far the Wumpa Coin earn rate has been fine IMO. Playing a bit of online during the weekend 2x bonus yesterday earned me enough to get a couple of characters and skins.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
After what they did to BO4 I just can't trust Activision to offer a decent stream of free content without trying to monetize it at some point. Especially when they start introducing stuff like battlepasses. It's like they have the mechanics in there, they just have to flip the switch.
At least the option to get it will be there. In Fortnite once a Battle Pass item is gone, it's gone.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What I want to know is how easy it will be to do these challenges for those of us who aren't that good at the game.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Wait, so is the Pit Shop thing microtransactions? I don't have the game but was considering it.

Quatermain

Oct 29, 2017
What is the state of the online right now? I was considering picking this up for online play, but from what I read it sounded pretty bare-bones...

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What are the grand prix leaderboards??

Ranked mode perhaps?

PLEASEEEEEE
There are two leaderboards. The first is like getting points in a cup offline. You get them depending on where you finish in an online race. Hopefully they use this for matchmaking. The second is based on your nitro (the points you get for completing challenges). This seems more like a way to compare your progress in the GP to friends and what not (as well as lighting a fire under your ass if you want that exclusive kart).

Wait, so is the Pit Shop thing microtransactions? I don't have the game but was considering it.
No. All currency is earned in game with no way to purchase it.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
What is the state of the online right now? I was considering picking this up for online play, but from what I read it sounded pretty bare-bones...
The online is indeed very barebones right now, there's only online races and battle mode matches. There's a patch coming out on July 3rd with improvements and all of the content from this Gran Prix though

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Not looking for a huge grind, would be happy just getting the exclusive characters.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I like this kind of support. I just wish I liked this version of the game.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Hopefully my copy will arrive in time 'v' ... I want to unlock everything from base game first before jumping online and getting Tawna, The Nitro Squad and stuff.

I know they will put them on the Pit Stop eventually, but I'd like to participate of the event

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully my copy will arrive in time 'v' ... I want to unlock everything from base game first before jumping online and getting Tawna, The Nitro Squad and stuff.

I know they will put them on the Pit Stop eventually, but I'd like to participate of the event

No way you're getting everything from the base game anytime soon lol. Even if you just count the unlockables, and not the in game store stuff, you still have a load to do.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is what pushed me over the edge on purchasing the game. Clever idea Activision, especially with the vagueness on if you can get all of the items later or not.

The biggest pain is that so many of these are limited to the pit stop. As if the timed window wasn't enough.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a lot of fun rewards. I'll try to get as many as I can, I'm not too worried about trying to land in that top 5% though.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Sort of unreal. Crash Team Racing, remade with 13 extra tracks and online mode, getting post launch support in the form of free characters and tracks. I'm in heaven.